hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 342 of 343 FirstFirst ... 242292332339340341342343 LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 6845

Thread: World of Warships

  1. #6821
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,218
    Weegee handout out a punishment which isn't a punishment at all
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  2. #6822

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,633
    There's a common trend among the CCs I watch on Twitch/YT: they all have become more and more annoyed and frustrated over the past couple of month and went from almost exclusively streaming WoWS to diverting their streaming time to other games.

    There was the occasional drop out of a CC for personal reasons (e.g. Zoup when becoming a dad of twins). But I can't remember that quite a couple of them did it at the same time and because they're clearly not pleased with the direction WG has taken.

    Add to that the recent sale of the KOTS "trademark" to WG, because - as far as I understand it, the KOTS team couldn't come to an agreement about "certain things" (don't know which, though) with WG and it doesn't look too good. Don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting WoWS death. For that to happen there are too much players who don't care at all and find all the things WG added lately cool and enjoyable. As clearly demonstrated e.g. by all the premium ships in ranked, played by players with below 50% WR. I'm as average as it gets (slightly above 50%, only playing solo and the current ranked season dropped my WR quite a bit). But at least I grinded my way through the tech line ships to T10 and picked up a couple of things along the way. Whereas quite a lot of the above mentioned players have less than 1000 games overall on their accounts and a good junk of those in premium high tier (battle)ships.

    So more often than not a look at a player's profile after the battle, in which he died happily sailing broadsiding to the enemy, confirms the suspicion you got of him during the game. And I'm not speaking of situations where the enemy outmaneuvered us, created crossfires and deservedly got that broadsides to shot at.

  3. #6823
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

    Anyway, I wonder what will Wargaming come up with to make this utter shite
    literally first post in the thread i stopped playing months ago, still watch Jingles and Flamu to see what's up. Wows is an absolutely unbalanced piece of crap, maybe good for seeing and hearing some explosions, but the frustrations caused by all the shit ingame are too many. Not worth it in the long run imho.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; March 2 2021 at 12:42:40 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  4. #6824

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,633
    It's a sad state of affairs if watching the game is more fun than actually playing it. I also spend more time watching it than playing it.

    Jingles is always entertaining. I also like WG's Armchair General streams. And I'm a sucker for all tournaments. Most prominently ofc KOTS, though we need to see how that evolves now being completely owned and run by WG. But there are a couple of other tournaments out there, like the newly invented Streamer Team League.

    That somehow reminds me of EVE, where I watched the Ally Tournament long after I stopped playing. BTW, does the tournament still exist?

  5. #6825
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,893
    It started going downhill when FHC stopped doing clam bottles.



    nevr 4get

  6. #6826
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    There's a common trend among the CCs I watch on Twitch/YT: they all have become more and more annoyed and frustrated over the past couple of month and went from almost exclusively streaming WoWS to diverting their streaming time to other games.

    There was the occasional drop out of a CC for personal reasons (e.g. Zoup when becoming a dad of twins). But I can't remember that quite a couple of them did it at the same time and because they're clearly not pleased with the direction WG has taken.

    Add to that the recent sale of the KOTS "trademark" to WG, because - as far as I understand it, the KOTS team couldn't come to an agreement about "certain things" (don't know which, though) with WG and it doesn't look too good. Don't get me wrong, I'm not predicting WoWS death. For that to happen there are too much players who don't care at all and find all the things WG added lately cool and enjoyable. As clearly demonstrated e.g. by all the premium ships in ranked, played by players with below 50% WR. I'm as average as it gets (slightly above 50%, only playing solo and the current ranked season dropped my WR quite a bit). But at least I grinded my way through the tech line ships to T10 and picked up a couple of things along the way. Whereas quite a lot of the above mentioned players have less than 1000 games overall on their accounts and a good junk of those in premium high tier (battle)ships.

    So more often than not a look at a player's profile after the battle, in which he died happily sailing broadsiding to the enemy, confirms the suspicion you got of him during the game. And I'm not speaking of situations where the enemy outmaneuvered us, created crossfires and deservedly got that broadsides to shot at.
    The canary in the coal mine was Flamu finding excuses to pad out his hours "streaming wows" with those history videos. When your game burns out the autistic Finn, maybe its going a bit too hard on the hamster wheel balance?

  7. #6827
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,437
    Well, here he goes then.

    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  8. #6828
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,437
    And a good reply/addendum

    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  9. #6829

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    And a good reply/addendum

    As I wrote in that one, for me the problem is not being able to fight back aka "manual AA control". I'm fine with how that works. The problem with CVs is that you can't de-plane them anymore.

    And IMHO iChase got that complexity thing wrong. I don't see WG removing complexity from the game - other than for CVs, but added quite a bit over the years.

  10. #6830
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,893
    WG have no idea what they are doing, just stretching the core mechanics for as long as they can and plugging anything exploitable.

  11. #6831
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,289
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    It started going downhill when FHC stopped doing clam bottles.



    nevr 4get
    We actually played clan brawls recently but yeah, nowadays it's mostly the premium meta, one of the reasons we were so successsful is we went Black + Alaska + Pommern, like I don't even think there's a more OP trio for tier IX 3v3.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  12. #6832
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    2,481
    Playing a CV is mind numbing and feels detached from the game still. I get that people wanted them but they don't fit the game at all. Too late now but I forsee the subs being utter shit against them and broken against other classes. More premium boats to sell, more magic Russian paper ships to make into retarded shit that makes the game a annoying experience rather than a fun brawl.

  13. #6833
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,289
    Nobody really wanted CVs except a select few, there's a point to only few people playing RTS CV. Now the class is more popular because it's so accessible and mind numbingly easy to play. There are a LOT of CV mains who can't play anything else, CVs being their crutch.

    The only thing that makes CVs palatable is how they completely wtfpwn the Russian ships (except Slava which has really good AA), it's refreshing to bully the bullies (especially PP/Kremlins and so on).

    Overall though the game is really shit, played a few games after the captain rework and it's just retarded how the community took it up the arse without lube - you need to grind 1.2 mil captain XP to basically have the same builds as before in terms of efficiency (or much worse if you ever enjoyed secondary builds).
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  14. #6834
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    8,437
    Uninstalled and not coming back crew checking in. Now shut up and spend moar munny!

    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  15. #6835
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    The only thing that makes CVs palatable is how they completely wtfpwn the Russian ships (except Slava which has really good AA), it's refreshing to bully the bullies (especially PP/Kremlins and so on).
    It doesn't because CVs are much more oppressive than the Russian ships. A smolensk, stalin, or krem still follows some of the rules (it has limited vision, limited range, it can catch torpedoes, can be citadelled etc)

    I don't worry about those ships as a destroyer or a cruiser. But a CV forces me to change up my play completely to be very boring and passive. That's the only reason why I quit tbh

  16. #6836
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    32,893
    Smolensk is turboatlanta, kron and stalin are cruiser-classed shinyhorses but what was the problem with russian BBs?

  17. #6837
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    Event Horizon
    Posts
    7,289
    Russian BBs have impossibly good armour schemes, they sit very very very low in the water and to top it all the Kremlin can also overmatch everything cruiser. They also have the soviet DamCon that makes them extremely resilient to HE spam.

    To put things into perspective I had to get a perfect broadside on a Kremlin at less than 6km to nuke it with citadels in a Yamato. Rest of the shots besides those from range? Overpen, overpen, overpen, miss, miss, miss. Shatter shatter shatter.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

  18. #6838

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Overall though the game is really shit, played a few games after the captain rework and it's just retarded how the community took it up the arse without lube - you need to grind 1.2 mil captain XP to basically have the same builds as before in terms of efficiency (or much worse if you ever enjoyed secondary builds).
    WG changed something with the skill rework that no one is talking about, but that annoys the hell out of me: you can no longer spend credits to get your captian half-retrained when spec'ing him for another ship. It's XP or gold now. Or start grinding from scratch, which is what I do. That's a quite terrible money grab.

  19. #6839
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,218
    There are several small money grab changes snuck into the game the last half year.
    But this is the biggest one.

    Wonder how long it will take for the Dead Eye rework to appear.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  20. #6840

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,633
    I'm afraid even if braindead eye will be reworked to something reasonable - which one may doubt, given WG's track record, the damage already has been done. BB mains have become accustomed to "camp the border". And bad habits are hard to change.

    It's especially obvious in Ranked: in literally every game with BBs in it, the team with BBs that push always wins. I can't even count the instances where I had one or all full health BBs camp the broder until the battle was lost and they'Re the last ships alive, only for them to then rush forward all of a sudden. And of course losing their full HP ship within a minute.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •