hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 330 of 333 FirstFirst ... 230280320327328329330331332333 LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,600 of 6651

Thread: World of Warships

I'll give it 6-12 months rest and see if things have become less idiotic.

Dev blog in non CV news:

'ST. Prem ships and soviet battleships.
    News
    Test versions of the ships Le Terrible and Giulio Cesare will be added for testing.

Italian battleship Giulio Cesare will be tested at the tier VI without changing the characteristics, except for the basics, tied to the tier: the chance of fire and armor plating, that will be increased from 19 to 25 mm.

These changes are due to the fact that the battleship is too strong at her tier and we have decided to conduct a test iteration of the ship in the new environment. If the test is successful, it will be adopted as a balance change of the ship. In this event, owners will be given the option to exchange the ship for doubloons.

Test version of destroyer Le Terrible gets improved ballistics:

Initial AP shells velocity increased from 800 to 840 m / s;
    The Krupp value for the AP shells is now 2400 instead 2100, that will increase armor penetration.

Changed the allocation of hit points of the ship. The new system will increase the survivability of the ship and allow her to survive longer under enemy fire. If the test is successful, it will be adopted as a balance change for the ship.

For battleships Vladivostok, tier VIII and the Sovetsky Soyuz, tier IX increased armor plating of the deck and the casemate from 32 to 40 mm. This change will improve the Soviet battleships with a single armor scheme and result in less damage from HE shells.

Improved ballistics shells for battleships Pyotr Velikiy - tier V, Izmail - tier VI, Sinop - tier VII, Lenin - tier VIII and Vladivostok - tier VIII to the level of other battleships of their tier.

Pyotr Velikiy - tier V and Izmail - tier VI:
    Reduced the value of the coefficient of air resistance from 0.4753 to 0.371;
    Increased Krupp value from 2295 to 2350;
    The initial speed was increased from 731.5 to 823 m / s.

Sinop, tier VII:
    Reduced the value of the coefficient of air resistance from 0.4059 to 0.3813;
    Increased Krupp value from 2400 to 2430.

Vladivostok - tier VIII and Lenin - tier VIII:
    Reduced the value of the coefficient of air resistance from 0.3813 to 0.289.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.'

Rip my Gulio.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    AA actually worked against the old carriers, and you would deplete them of planes if they werent prudent with their strikes. Not to mention the AA bubble you had was longer ranged so you could actually help your team without sitting on top of them.
    Part of the goal of the CV rebalance was to equal the playing field between the good cv players and the less good, so the CVs wouldn't dictate the entire match for the team. That isn't the case at all, if anything its worse now.

If you think there's no incentive to spot the enemy you have no idea what this game is about.
    read the actual post Hoggbert, as mechanics stand currently, you can spot the enemy and get fuck all xp/credits, or shoot at the enemy and get xp/credits, what do you think carrier captains are going to do?

also, called it on shifting damage away from flak puffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    most players seem to underestimate the power of manual AA activation ([P] by default). Due to great DD concealment, if often makes sense to turn AA off until spotted. A DD spotted at minimal range is a lot harder to hit with the first attack run even with rockets.
    That is actually a thing and I don't get why people so readily forget about it, since it was a thing before the recent changes already. In most cases, unless the DD gives himself away by shooting, firing off his AA or sitting in a cap-circle, I have hard time scouting them in the first place. Without already having them spotted before or having a good idea where the DD is, it's really hard to get an accurate rocket strike out, due to the lack of time to narrow the aiming circle. Another reason for why RPF is stupid and needs to die.
    DD's AA can and do absolutely wreck my Saipan's planes especially Akizuki line nevermind DD's with DFAA especially with judicious use of AA sectors (proved by a well played Zao last night). Some changes (nerfs?) are certainly in order but I'm still worried about my Saipan with it's insane plane replacement time and the change to the 'F' key. Ah, well we'll see .
    can confirm, i made a Saipan cry salty salty tears with a AA Mahan yesterday, it was glorious.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Good Cvs that want to win will spot, shit ones will mill about and do their own thing.
    At least with dedicated spotting planes you'd have to make a choice instead of being the be all end all ship that ruins every surface ships game.

I'll give it 6-12 months rest and see if things have become less idiotic.
    Ditto. Fuck it.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

tbh i think this upcoming hotfix will help a lot, so you might not need to wait 6-12 months to retry wows
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Good Cvs that want to win will spot, shit ones will mill about and do their own thing.
    At least with dedicated spotting planes you'd have to make a choice instead of being the be all end all ship that ruins every surface ships game.
    the win multiplier with a shit xp/credit amount is worth less than losing with a good xp/credit amount.

so you're effectively arguing that "good carrier players" should be the ones playing sub-optimally per existing mechanics, and actually getting them to fuck with these multipliers is like extracting blood from stone, just getting some sort of reward added from spotting targets took almost two years.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

A win does not generate more credits, I believe.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

yeah, making game money is my primary goal when playing warships

furthermore

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    the win multiplier with a shit xp/credit amount is worth less than losing with a good xp/credit amount.

so you're effectively arguing that "good carrier players" should be the ones playing sub-optimally per existing mechanics, and actually getting them to fuck with these multipliers is like extracting blood from stone, just getting some sort of reward added from spotting targets took almost two years.
    I'm flat out telling you the difference between bad an good CV players, the reason things get so onesided when you have Cvs with the team in mind on one side, and hurrdurr damagefarming on the other.
    Equally useless are the backline BBs that snipe at other bbs 20+km away, sure they can rack up the damage numbers but they're going to lose more than win.

Some people play to win this game and the key to win the battle is intel and controlling the map. A (good) CV will absolutely dominate the map by spotting DDs, keeping island hugging cruisers lit up so they don't get to sit in peace and deal damage, adding pressure to the flank that needs it the most.
    This is why CV battles tend to be so lopsided since they have such a massive impact, they're the least RNG/luck dependent class as well so there is less of an equalizer between a good or bad CV player. A good BB can still get fucked by bad rng and be beaten by a worse bb with better luck that round.
    Not the case for CVs so the more competent carrier will dominate the less competent ones. Something this rework has done nothing to change (which was the intended goal).
    Sure the UI for carriers are more accessible for the average gamer now, but the impact CVs have on a team hasn't been lessened and the difference between the good and the bad players are still huge.

New Dev blog with (finally) an in-depth explanation of all the mechanics:https://medium.com/@devblogwows/aa-article-107c18eac84 Even I wasn't aware of the different colour clouds for normal AA vs DFAA.

Stuff on 8.1: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/p.../bulletin-081/

Edit: and the hot patch

'Captains,

We are happy to announce that the World of Warships server will be unavailable tomorrow 07/02/2019 from 04:00 UTC for approximately 1 hour in order to deploy version 0.8.0.1.

You will be able to find information on the changes applied on our portal later this evening'

Edit 2: Hotfix info, https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/g.../0801-hot-fix/
    Last edited by Aranial; February 6 2019 at 05:34:21 PM.

tomorrow i'll get mah Ranger, kit it out, i have a 4 point captain for it, so i'll start reviewing the CV experience once the nerf hits

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    tomorrow i'll get mah Ranger, kit it out, i have a 4 point captain for it, so i'll start reviewing the CV experience once the nerf hits
    I wouldn't bother mate. With the current hotfix you'll lose all your planes even if you commit to one strike on lonely ships. I was almost fully deplanned in my Saipan in this game:

I was forced to run squads of 4 aircraft :S and look where the enemy CVs came on the scoreboard.

As ever WG have gone sledgehammer, the F key change combined with the AA changes have been brutal.

i do hope they compensate with plane regen, rather than plane durability.

that way both sides "win", AA doesn't feel like a turd, carriers aren't reduced to doing fuck all for a large part of the match.
    Viking, n.:

Basiaclly only one ship really could abuse it and that was Hakuryu. Everyone else got fucked by proxy for no reason.

And Saipan is the whipping boy of that change, really. To replenish a full squad of torpers, you need 14 minutes! Sure is worth it, that you can use T10 planes in squads that are two thirds the size of the squads of their regular counter-part on that ship eh? And to put the icing on the cake of the Saipain, a full squad of attackers/torpers/divers get 10,710/12,300/12,960 HP. The same squads on an Enterprise, which uses basically T7 planes, gets 15,600/13,860/14,319 HP. Well played WarGaming, well played.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; February 7 2019 at 01:54:51 PM.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

yeah, i've been learning in co-op, and it seems CV are nowhere near as omnipotent as until a day ago heheh

I've actually bothered to join the FAILHEAP discord (I know I'm terrible). Would someone be so kind as to give me access to the WoWs part please? XD

Many thanks,

Isitari.

Edit: and in more news, entirely deplaned, was sending out squads of 1 plane at the end:

Last edited by Aranial; February 7 2019 at 01:57:10 PM.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    I've actually bothered to join the FAILHEAP discord (I know I'm terrible). Would someone be so kind as to give me access to the WoWs part please? XD

Many thanks,

Isitari.
    Did you ask on discord?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Many thanks,

Isitari.

Edit: and in more news, entirely deplaned, was sending out squads of 1 plane at the end:
    And you were still getting your planes to drop their payload? I mean, Saipain is fucked on so many levels, but going out with squads under maximum size lowers the chances of survival for each plane additionally, so going out with one-plane-squads is an instant death-sentence as soon as flak burst hits you O.o

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post

Many thanks,

Isitari.

And you were still getting your planes to drop their payload? I mean, Saipain is fucked on so many levels, but going out with squads under maximum size lowers the chances of survival for each plane additionally, so going out with one-plane-squads is an instant death-sentence as soon as flak burst hits you O.o
    Was end of game and had literally 1 dive bomber left and nothing else. So went fuck it. Under the old system (0.8) I somehow managed to make the Saipan work (110-115K average damage) but now its just an exercise in nihilism.
    Last edited by Aranial; February 7 2019 at 02:11:04 PM.