hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 303 of 318 FirstFirst ... 203253293300301302303304305306313 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,060 of 6360

Thread: World of Warships

Is the free ship for New Year worth downloading the game (again)

No the campaign is a pain in the arse and the ship is pretty gash.

Finally farmed Duke, looks crappy with Arctic camo. Looks like a slightly weaker KGV, probably avarage which is underwhelming for premiums but not as bad as people tend to say. Will try to grab all ships...

Quote Originally Posted by Selb View Post
    Is the free ship for New Year worth downloading the game (again)
    Probably not. It's a worse version of a ship that, while reasonably effective, is pretty boring to play.

Wargaming have emailed me and told me I have a free Huanghe, whatever one of those is.

1) Is it actually free or am I going to have to grind missions for it
    2) Is it any good?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

It's free and it is decent I think? You should get some free xp, credits and shit.
    One of better tier 6 cl's according to this: https://eu.warships.today/vehicle/3764303056/Huanghe

Also - do I need to upgrade FCS on NC? I think i got 21 without it?
    Last edited by Voulture; January 12 2018 at 11:36:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    It's free and it is decent I think? You should get some free xp, credits and shit.
    One of better tier 6 cl's according to this: https://eu.warships.today/vehicle/3764303056/Huanghe

The one you research? Always upgrade that (unless DD). What they do not tell you is that in addition to a few extra km of range, it also lowers dispersion by like 2%.

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    Wargaming have emailed me and told me I have a free Huanghe, whatever one of those is.

1) Is it actually free or am I going to have to grind missions for it
    2) Is it any good?
    1) Should be free, part of a "please come back" program.
    2) Not very good. See review here: http://shipcomrade.com/news/361/tryi...imes-fast.html

Upgrade the XP one, don't bother with the range mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenar Rumanev View Post

The one you research? Always upgrade that (unless DD). What they do not tell you is that in addition to a few extra km of range, it also lowers dispersion by like 2%.
    It doesn't lower dispersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post

It doesn't lower dispersion.
    NC without range mod: range 24.5 km, dispersion 305 m, dispersion per km (assuming it is linear up to short range) 12.45
    NC with range mod: range 27 km, dispersion 330 m, dispersion per km 12.22, dispersion at 24.5 km: ~300 m.

There is an effect on accuracy, it is just small. Note this includes artillery plotting room 1. You will have less range if you max your AAA.

Dispersion increase over range is not linear. The FCS does not increase accuracy.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

So, not really worth it on NC?

absolutely not

Edit: nvm, seems there is a disagreement on reddit about how dispersion is broken down in range bands and empirical testing by players suggests it could be governed by some sort of polynomial function. For maximum dispersion, these linear functions seem to apply:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...sion_function/
    Last edited by Alenar Rumanev; January 13 2018 at 05:05:43 PM.

Edit: nvm, seems there is a disagreement on reddit about how dispersion is broken down in range bands and empirical testing by players suggests it could be governed by some sort of polynomial function. For maximum dispersion, these linear functions seem to apply:

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...sion_function/
    If memory serves me right, there are two range bands. "Close range" and "not close range". Within the close range bracket, the dispersion increases exponentially, WarGaming stated it back in the day, before a huge close range accuracy buff happened. I do not recall if they specifically stated that the "not close range" band was linear or exponential, so there's room for debate there. I wouldn't be surprised if it is a mix of both, but am fairly certain that the second band is also exponential, but has a much smaller increase than the "close ranged" band has.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

You should get the one that's unlocked with XP (but only after all other unlocks on the ship save Iowa), but not the module that takes up a slot. The former has no real opportunity cost, really. You're no more or less accurate at your previous max range than you were before unlocking it, you just have the option to fire farther. The latter takes up a valuable slot and should be avoided because it's no longer necessary after the Colorado.

had a thought

wouldn't it actually be better to use stock FCS on all DD's except russkies

your camo is effectively lower thataway, not as if you use that max range like 99% of the time anyway on a DD
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Don't think ever again.

What is FCS o.O
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    What is FCS o.O
    Fire Control System. The module that governs your maximum firing range.

I got 7000 Gold to spend, any premium ship worth buying? Any ideas?
    NcDot