hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 269 of 288 FirstFirst ... 169219259266267268269270271272279 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 5741

Thread: World of Warships

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    So how do i fight them with my Kimchi-Kawaii tier 3 bb? I just use AP like on everything else that is a bb right?

I honestly didn't play low tier BBs because I find them horribly slow and inefficient and cruisers and destroyers will shit all over you whilst running circles around. You can't snipe because your range is like 15km or so and your brawling is ineffective due to no torpedoes. I just went with free XP through tiers 1-4.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

"Oh, that bit? Not my job."

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    "Oh, that bit? Not my job."

Spoiler:
    I don't follow. Explain please?

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Some guns painted, somes not.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    Some guns painted, somes not.
    Oooooh. Thanks.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Ahah! I have discovered the secret to direct comparisons of battleship accuracy at normalized ranges. Sort of!

When you upgrade your FCS module your range and dispersion both increase, the latter because it's showing the same dispersion cone projected at the greater distance. After checking tiers 6-9 (except Nagato, which has no FCS upgrade), I've found that Japanese dispersion always goes up by 7 meters per KM of range, American and German 10 meters, and UK 10 or 10.67 meters (I believe this is due to rounding concerns and I'm going with 10 meters). This means we can normalize Yamato, the most accurate battleship in the game, down to some other level and do a more direct comparison.

Yamato at, say, Bismarck's 21.1 km range would have 236 meters of dispersion (compared to Bismarck's 274 meters).

The "sort of" is because of sigma. We now know, thanks to a Wargaming developer who posts on Reddit, that sigma is not vertical dispersion but rather how densely clustered around the central point shots are likely to be, with higher sigma equaling tighter clustering (so basically what it means in normal distribution terms, except reversed). Here is a comparison someone on Reddit made of Alabama (in blue with 1.9 sigma) and North Carolina (in red with 2.0 sigma).

So not a huge difference, probably less impactful that people think it is, particularly since larger sigma can be offset at least partially by smaller horizontal dispersion.

Dahak, Bringer of Wisdom.

Application sent.

Second anniversary event, bunch of neat stuff up for grabs. I'll post all the region links at the end as they all go into different detail, though a WGRU staffer has said the event should be unified across all regions.

Some of the highlights:
    • Permanent camo for five tier 8s (Kiev, Charles Martel, Z-23, New Orleans, Monarch)
      • +50% to Commander EXP earned
      • +50% to Free EXP earned
      • -3% to the ship's detectability
      • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship

• +200% XP for first win
    • Discounts
      • 30% OFF Tier VIII Regular Ships
      • 15% OFF Tier IX - X Regular Ships
      • 15% OFF Tier VIII Premium Ships (within the Tech Tree)
      • 60% OFF Premium Consumable
      • 50% OFF Port Slot
      • Free EXP Conversion Rate: 35 XP/1 gold

• All players who have played 1,000 or more battles in World of Warships will recieve 10 World of Warships Anniversary consumable camouflage.
    • You will also receive 10 of each special signal flag set (Dragon, Wyvern, Red Dragon, Ouroboros, Hydra) for every 1,000 battles recorded in World of Warships Account (up to 15,000).
    • Supercontainer for playing a match in a tier 10 ship (once per ship).
    • Win a match, get a day of premium and 25 more anniversary camos.
    • Destroy 20 ships, get 1,000,000 credits.

Permanent camos - Looks pretty good, though unfortunately it's on some fairly meh ships:
      Spoiler:

Asia: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news...versary-event/

EU: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/u...rthday-to-you/

NA: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/...your-presence/
    Last edited by Dahak; September 12 2017 at 04:17:02 PM.

Hmm I'm pretty sure that I should have stayed with the Schoors for infinity - new BAE:-)

All solo:
    Shchors 7 CA/CL USSR 22 81.82% 74,382 2,203 12.7 1.7 1.6 86% 28% 0% 1,913

Also, look mommy. I'm all purple now!!!1
    http://eu.warshipstoday.com/signatur...12028/dark.png
    Last edited by TheHenni; September 12 2017 at 09:02:46 PM.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

Well, that was lucky.

Spoiler:

lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheHenni View Post
    Hmm I'm pretty sure that I should have stayed with the Schoors for infinity - new BAE:-)

All solo:
    Shchors 7 CA/CL USSR 22 81.82% 74,382 2,203 12.7 1.7 1.6 86% 28% 0% 1,913

Also, look mommy. I'm all purple now!!!1
    http://eu.warshipstoday.com/signatur...12028/dark.png
    n1 mate

When did I kill flamu in my Nelson? I can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    n1 mate
    Ok, I've seen this before, but I can't make any sense out of it and I never got an answer thus far: What is N1 supposed to mean? To me it reads like n-one, "none". None mate? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    n1 mate
    Ok, I've seen this before, but I can't make any sense out of it and I never got an answer thus far: What is N1 supposed to mean? To me it reads like n-one, "none". None mate? What?
    number one

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    n1 mate
    number one
    Its a brit thing I think

n1 = Nice one

I see. Thank you.

lol @ hoggbutt

Based on information from China server, the anniversary achievements that get you collection items that get you the permanent camos. These are all "in one match", so no accruing kills/xp/damage/etc. You can do each achievement multiple times but you only get the collection item from it once per day.

Spoiler:

The wording on the Bismarck one is ambiguous, for reasons of practicality I'm interpreting it as 1.2x HP total distributed in any way over at least four ships. 1.2x your HP to each of four ships you hit would be insane.
    Last edited by Dahak; September 13 2017 at 08:13:35 PM.

Got a Dunkerque from my Yamamoto supercontainers.

Pretty sweet.

Got an Eugan, Molotov and that from containers now