hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 267 of 289 FirstFirst ... 167217257264265266267268269270277 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 5762

Thread: World of Warships

The work in progress videos always say that it's subject to change... it's changed. I saw videos talking about the change before it went on sale so anyone considering buying on the strength of the wip videos should really have seen them too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last UK mission yields some nice looking camo with good bonuses. Alas, only 10 shots of it, though.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1180 View Post
    Don't you think saying somebody should be fired is going a bit overboard?

No, not at all. That sentiment is perfectly correct, and iChase points out exactly why in his post on Reddit (fixed the formatting for an easier read):

submitted 5 hours ago by iChaseGamingFishbowl

Alright, I'm not really all that great writing long walls of text, so I'll try to keep it short. Need to say a few things, get if off my chest so I can actually sleep soundly tonight.

1. Yup, I went a bit overboard in that Graf Zeppelin video. In hindsight should have just stuck with bashing WG as a whole and their god awful decisions.
    2. The reason I said the things I did with regards to the devs/persons responsible mostly stems from the fact that the ship didn't decide to release itself into the premium store in its current state. Someone (or some people) at WG sat down and made a conscious decision to sell an unfinished ship to try and milk the maximum amount of money possible out of it during Gamescom. This led me to focus some of my criticism at those unnamed individuals. I by no means actually wanted them actually fired from their jobs and losing their livelihoods. For me it was an expression of my complete disbelief and disgust at the incompetence displayed by these decision makers and perhaps have them internally reevaluate the situation after this fiasco. After all, the decision to release a complete piece of crap was okay-ed by a whole bunch of people, I seriously wonder if these decision makers are actually competent or not and when the consequence of their decisions hit, are they willing to own up to it? So far the answer to the latter is no, instead of owning up to it, they've come out publicly and said that you the player aren't good enough. Yeah, guess when the top 0.1% of your CV playing population is struggling with the ship, I can only wonder how the rest of the players are doing. But then again, at least they've made Lexington competitive again...so that's something I guess
    3. They have not threatened me with any kind of DMCA takedown, so they did indeed learn something from Fochgate.
    4. They have every right to terminate me from their CC program and I do have to accept that, so I will.
    5. Again, to clarify, WG doesn't employ me. All CCs serve in essence as volunteers, who take time out of their day to create content on warships related things, newest lines, newest ships etc, in an effort to both educate the public and also to build hype and provide feedback. You'd figure that when a whole slew of CCs, STs tell WG that the ship they're about to release is going to be complete crap, that WG might actually take time and listen? After all, they are interested in making money off these virtual botes no? Instead in most cases, ignored becomes the key word. Kind of counter-intuitive..
    6. Yes, there are some of us who are actually lucky enough to make some money off the videos, but before you think it's a lot, it's really not (typical 25 minute review video that takes hours to play test, record, edit, voice over, that gets like 25k views makes the video maker like $20-25. Last I calculated, I made $3/hour. Thank god for Patrons and my real job).
    7. Side note, for the last 2 years, I've worked really hard to try and provide the best warships content possible. For the majority of the content, I have tried to keep things as civil as possible. Hell this reddit even called me a WG shill for a while and maybe still does from time to time? Since I was often very unwilling to get heated, trying to stay levelheaded and analytical. Now the one time that my emotions got in the way and I did get very heated, go a bit overboard and instead of asking for an apology video or even asking for the video to be taken down and edited again, I am immediately terminated from the program. Not even a warning there. Although in the back of my mind, something keeps telling me that the real reason I got terminated is because this time we really hurt their bottom lines and they want to make an example of someone. But I digress...
    8. One last side note, WG don't seem to have a scooby-do of a clue on how to fix carriers. They've promised to do all sorts of wonderful things for CV players and we haven't seen anything yet. Problems I talked about in the Alpha test are still plaguing carriers today and it doesn't seem to be getting fixed any day soon. They keep saying CCs should use the back channels and communicate, keep it civil and on the low down and honestly I've tried that on more occasions than I can count. Does it ever lead anywhere? No. Just gets ignored and WG just keeps doing whatever they want. Might actually be more productive just sitting here and talking to my wall, at least I hear some noise back.

And that's it really, just a few things I wanted to say.

See ya all out there on the high seas, Chase

P.S. Can go to sleep soundly now, will respond to everything tmr morning when I wake up. Nites!
    As he points out in 2), somebody, somewhere, had to decide to release Graf Zeppelin in it's current broken and unfinished state. Part of my job is, taking responsibility for when I fuck up. Part of practically everyone's job is owing up to mistakes. What does WarGaming do? During a Livestream from Gamescon, they blather about how that CV is not for everyone and that good players will make it work somehow: git gud. The flaw is obvious and it gets worse, not even the top 1% of the CV-captains can make this thing work, because it is unworkable, it's unfinished, it's broken (link leads to a post-release review by Farazelleth, CV captain of the winning team of the "King of the Seas Tournament, you know, it doesn't get much better beyond what he does). Farazelleth perfectly points out, how utterly dysfunctional the ship is and also points out why. Someone decided to ignore that feedback and forced a release against everyone's better judgement. That person or that committee seriously does deserve backlash.

As for the rest... if you don't like it don't play..

What kind of silly statement is that? You are in a forum, where people are allowed to voice their opinion, where they are allowed to discuss things that are on their mind. If you can't deal with somebody being unhappy, then don't read it. See how dumb that comment is?

The work in progress videos always say that it's subject to change... it's changed. I saw videos talking about the change before it went on sale so anyone considering buying on the strength of the wip videos should really have seen them too.

I knew what I got into, as I was aware of the changes. What I didn't know is how unfinished the ship and it's mechanics are, because the ship was released without further public testing after the changes and a second testing pass was planned, but just skipped in lieue of a forced Gamescon-release of the ship (allegedly not even the supertesters got their hands on that ship post-change). Watch the review of Farazelleth to really get an idea how utterly broken the ship is and nobody knew of this, because there was no second test.

Also, I need to emphasize something that iChase wrote that really irks me and I am glad that someone else acknowledges that issue publically:

One last side note, WG don't seem to have a scooby-do of a clue on how to fix carriers. They've promised to do all sorts of wonderful things for CV players and we haven't seen anything yet. Problems I talked about in the Alpha test are still plaguing carriers today and it doesn't seem to be getting fixed any day soon. They keep saying CCs should use the back channels and communicate, keep it civil and on the low down and honestly I've tried that on more occasions than I can count. Does it ever lead anywhere? No. Just gets ignored and WG just keeps doing whatever they want. Might actually be more productive just sitting here and talking to my wall, at least I hear some noise back.
    2017 was the year when carriers were supposed to be adressed and what did we got so far? Zilch. Instead we get Graf Zeppelin. A clear indicator that WarGaming doesn't seem to have the faintest idea about what they are doing with carriers at all and the why is obvious, as someone pointed out in his Graf Zeppelin review (not sure who it was): None of the developers do play carriers on their accounts. Just
    Last edited by Madner Kami; August 26 2017 at 09:52:15 PM.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

He even admits he went overboard...

If you have an opinion go for it.. if your opinion is just to complain about something then stop doing it.. then you have nothing to complain about. And you saying my statement was stupid is in itself doing what you're moaning about me doing.. my opinion is if you don't like it don't play..

You say you knew what you got in to.. but then say you didn't know... which is it?

There are problems with the game yes, carriers are one of them... maybe the job of fixing them is harder than people think? Possibly they are trying to come up with a way of pleasing the majority instead of the minority?

He even admits he went overboard...
    Because he lost his priviledged position for voicing his opinion. Of course he feels sorry for that.

If you have an opinion go for it.. if your opinion is just to complain about something then stop doing it.. then you have nothing to complain about. And you saying my statement was stupid is in itself doing what you're moaning about me doing.. my opinion is if you don't like it don't play..
    If you further accuse me or other people complaining about the state that Zeppelin was released in and the behaviour of WG as complainers for the sake of complaint, I will consider you a troll and not further spend time on talking with you. Your choice.

Also, the opinion of "If you don't like it, don't play" is stupid and I will not refrain from pointing that out. Indeed nobody forced me to buy or play the ship, but I took an interest in the game and the ship and I am offering my opinion to the state the ship was released in. This is my right and my prerogative as a customer. They want my money, they need to hear what I think about their products.

You say you knew what you got in to.. but then say you didn't know... which is it?
    It's one thing to know, that the ship has no torpedo bombers, but gets only dive bombers and a weak AS-component. It is a completely different thing to know the "hows" of the ship. Go watch the video of Farazelleth, to get an idea how dysfunctional the ship and it's mechanics are. None of that was knowable in any way from the stats or news released in regard to this ship.

There are problems with the game yes, carriers are one of them... maybe the job of fixing them is harder than people think? Possibly they are trying to come up with a way of pleasing the majority instead of the minority?
    No. No they aren't.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

The only thing wrong with carriers is their UI and balance among other carriers. All the clamoring of how hard it is to deal with AA is by spoiled people who want even more from a class that has omniscient spotting and precision damage dealing.

Rather telling that they've removed the Zeppelin for sail from NA and EU.

Edit: oh and they deleted all the portal articles relating to it.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

So you're saying he feels sorry for himself... not the fact that having thought about it he thinks that asking for someone to be fired is a low and downright shitty thing to do? Which it is!

Consider me a troll I really don't care... but I stand by my statement. I stopped playing eve because I didn't like it.. I didn't keep playing and moaning.

Say what you like about the ship.. I have no idea or opinion on it.

So there were no videos stating the ship itself was shite and highlighting the problems before you bought it? I'm sure I watched one before it was released..

So you're saying he feels sorry for himself... not the fact that having thought about it he thinks that asking for someone to be fired is a low and downright shitty thing to do? Which it is!
    Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. And no, it is not. Do I wish harm to the person or persons who pushed through with this dumb plan? Nope. Do I feel that they should feel the consequences of their decissions, which harmed the game, the trust of the players in the brand and put people into awkward positions, defending the indefensible? Yes, of course.

Oh and btw. WarGaming doesn't really mind that iChaseGaming now will recieve less revenue-stream due to not getting early access to certain stuff anymore. Why should I care if a random dude or dudes who actually did something wrong, could face the very same problem?

Consider me a troll I really don't care... but I stand by my statement. I stopped playing eve because I didn't like it.. I didn't keep playing and moaning.
    I specifically did not say, that I dislike the game, quite the contrary. I like the game. I like the idea of the Zeppelin. I want both to flourish, which is why I offer my opinion, to the mutual benefit if both me, the game and the company. Stop pretending that any sort of dissent is somehow tentamount to not liking a thing in general. If I had no interest, I would not be here.

Say what you like about the ship.. I have no idea or opinion on it.
    Then why do you even comment on this?

So there were no videos stating the ship itself was shite and highlighting the problems before you bought it? I'm sure I watched one before it was released..
    Go ahead, link please. Allegedly not even supertesters had access to the changed ship, community contributors certainly did not and those are the guys that are the buffer between me and publically unknown things, like how the AP bombs are not "physically" dropped but stay attached to the dive bombers for the entire time of the "drop phase" and can literally be shot down along with the bomber who "dropped" the bomb after the bomb was "dropped". Or show me a video that shows how the bombs actually manage to follow a ship after the "drop" happened and land exactly on where they would have landed if the free-fall time was zero, if you do an automated drop. I'll patiently wait right here. For the record, I purchased Graf Zeppelin on Wednesday afternoon, my first public comment on the ship was at 7pm UTC+1 (at which point I did not even realize what exactly was going wrong). And please, no obscure reference on some small forum or a russian video.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; August 27 2017 at 12:13:35 AM.

Oh look what a shock we were right:

Graf Zeppelin Update From Developers
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...om_developers/

What are currently most op non-premium ships? Still Gallant? :P

Clemson, Budy, Fuso, Hindenburg, Kharb, Zao, fiji etc.

Completed the UK Missions, three shiny new (free) British Battleships and Port Slots inbound at the end of the event, yay. What a pain in the ass some of those missions were.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Completed the UK Missions, three shiny new (free) British Battleships and Port Slots inbound at the end of the event, yay. What a pain in the ass some of those missions were.
    I'm a casual, so I only do the mission to reach the BB blueprints (mission 3). Getting there felt quiet easy, if one actively chose ships, which are good at the specific tasks (ribbons, fires etc.). Are you refering to the missions further up the ladder?
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

Sadly, I didn't have the time to do this weekend's mission chain. Fuck work :sadface:

Quote Originally Posted by TheHenni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I'm a casual, so I only do the mission to reach the BB blueprints (mission 3). Getting there felt quiet easy, if one actively chose ships, which are good at the specific tasks (ribbons, fires etc.). Are you refering to the missions further up the ladder?
    Aye, thats all I did as well (also a casual). I wanted those three free ships and slots rather badly, saves alot of effort to march up the tree, more free exp to avoid stock grinds, etc.

The British are landing on NA tomorrow.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-0610/

When you research all concealment-specific parameters like camo, upgrades and Commander Skills, HMS Conqueror acquires a detectability range by sea of approximately 11km (12km by air)
    Better concealment from sea than air, and better sea concealment than half the tier 10 cruisers out there. Welp. Oh, and it gets superheal, so fire damage is basically useless. Nelson can already do shit like this.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dahak; August 29 2017 at 07:06:14 PM.

Pretty standard really.

It will be nerfed in 3-4 months after all the whales have finished blowing their gold on getting this broken piece of shit

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Pretty standard really.

It will be nerfed in 3-4 months after all the whales have finished blowing their gold on getting this broken piece of shit
    I'm not so sure about the standard thing. If memory serves...

The last tier 10 introduced was Henri IV, which was garbage and had to be buffed repeatedly and is still only meh. Before that was the Grozovoi, which is in the same boat, if you'll pardon the pun, and before that is the Minotuar and GK. The former is basically the same as it was at release and the latter is essentially untouched save for a minor changes to the secondaries.

Okay guys so radar changes have been canned, IFHE is being buffed on small calibres but smoke changes are staying.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars..._caliber_139mm
    Last edited by Aranial; August 29 2017 at 08:58:28 PM.