hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 339 of 340 FirstFirst ... 239289329336337338339340 LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 6790

Thread: World of Warships

>question mark

abandon ship

Not done that many Sub matches, but done them all with my Normandie.
    In one match I was last one on my team vs a Sub and Carrier.

Zero diddely fuck I could do.

At this point, I think they have invested so much development time and money on subs they have to add them to the game.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

They could put subs in like historical and pve scenarios and tons of people would play just for that.

But no, we have to have them in the random battles because all the Timmys have finished their carrier line, and want to hop to the next indefensible bullshit

From what I have seen in the few matches I ran, sub's weren't a massive influence.
    It just bullshit to have it be untouchable by majority of ships in the match.

Everyone can shoot at carrier planes with various results, but at least you are fighting back.
    And you can dodge them somewhat, guided and magnetic torps are not. At least now what I have experienced so far.

37 depth charges to kill a sub, and they did 9082 of the damage. Rest from Fire and Flooding

dumpsterfire of epic proportions. dis gun b gud
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I've done a few sub battles, haven't had the chance to play one yet. I see plenty of r'tards rushing into subs and having a bad time. In the tier six games I've done there are very few kills achieved by subs.

It's just cause people don't know how to play them.

Here's the problem:

If played well, a sub is the only type of ship in the game that can not be damaged while it can do damage to others, unlike any other ship in the game. Literally a class for itself. Heavy cruisers, battleships and carriers currently have 0 ways of damaging a sub that is udnerwater. Light cruisers and destroyers can damage it if it's underwater if they get right on top of it, but it can go so far underwater even they can't damage it. Don't forget, there's also the rest of the enemy team you have to deal with while hunting a sub that's spotting you.

No other class of ship in the game has damage impunity. The current iteration is absolutely retarded.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    If played well, a sub is the only type of ship in the game that can not be damaged while it can do damage to others

Have you even played this game?

This Ranked Sprint format was really fun. I hope they keep it around or better even make this a permanent game addition. I enjoyed it even more than the previous 1 vs. 1. That was IMHO too much dependent on the ship (type) your opponent and you picked, kinda rock-paper-scissor. The 3v3 eliminated that quite a bit. There's still better and less suited ships (and bad players ofc, of which I'm one). But it haven't had such an impact in the battle. And given the right circumstances (aka "skill"), one could even turn around a 1v3.

The new asynchronous battle type OTOH is a pure gamble as of now. It needs some iterations until I would consider it in a playable state. It especially needs a separate/better MM. Ignoring the bots for a moment, I've seen some quite hilarious battles, e.g. BBs only on the high tier side and DDs only for the low tier. That didn't went well for the BBs. The opposite: BBs and CV/high tier vs. an all CA fleet/low tier. It's a nice idea in theory.

Asymmetrical battles are daft, if High-Tiers aren't bot teams they will always stampede the Low Tiers. Unless they got 7-8 DD's.
    Bismarck, Massa, Odin & Tirpitz dominates it. We were doing hot drops on Saturday with the expected results of total domination.

Ranked in general is toxic, Ranked Sprints are much more fun but even it is too grindy.
    I do like the Dockyard directives.

So far I have had a lot of good stuff from the T10 Super Containers, still got 4 ships left to do.
    15k Coal, 97 days with Premium and 2k Dubs.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Asymmetrical battles are daft, if High-Tiers aren't bot teams they will always stampede the Low Tiers. Unless they got 7-8 DD's.
    Bismarck, Massa, Odin & Tirpitz dominates it. We were doing hot drops on Saturday with the expected results of total domination.

Ranked in general is toxic [...]
    Agreed. Made it to rank 10 on the first day, spent the whole rest of the event, playing it daily, iterating between 7 and 10. I largley blame CVs for basically everyone hating ranked right now. It's already too powerful - especially the all-seeing-eye - in a 12 vs. 12. But with only 7 ships on each side, it's the Iwin-button for the side whichever has the most competent CV player on its team. One need to look no further than the queue for ranks, which was largely dominated by BBs. As it's the only class with enough HP to ensure at least a few minutes of survival. And CVs, ofc. But anything else could be one-shoted. And you didn't need to be a bad player for that to happen, Just bad luck that the enemy all went to your side and you got spotted in the worst possible moment.

CVs really took away a key element of the game: tactical positioning.

Just like back in the EVE days, I enjoy the KOTS broadcasting very much. Watched this and last weekend's Saturday and Sunday streams from EU and NA (so ~ 12 h...).

I loved how Flamu took the opportunity to take a stab at the "strength" of the Russian CA line at the end of Sunday's stream. Given the fleet compositions we saw especially on EU - who could seriously argue against him.

That's why I like the NA format better: they have not only a map, but also a ship ban system in place. Which makes for more varied fleet compositions, and if it's only tp swap Stalin/Petro for Moskva/Nevsky ... EU should really adapt this.

I don't find the Russian ships that special, they are sturdy and easy to play.
    For the regular player, they can do better in them. Put the hard to play ships in the hands of a skilled player and they will shine.
    Henry IV takes some serious skills and situational awareness to play, while any stoner can do well in the Petro.

So you don't think the prevalence of Russian CAs in this tournament, played by the higher skilled players of this game, isn't a telling sign? Des Moins and Salem are basically the only CA seen regularly in fleet comps for their own merits. The others are Venezia > Hindenburg > Goliath ... all 3 of them not for their own merits (like Henry or Minotaur back in the day), but to counter Russian CAs.

I've seen Henrys, Zaos, Minotaurs, Yoshinos, Worcesters fielded, with very little effect. I remember that there was one NA team that fielded a Yoshino duo and got some decent usage out of it. But other than that? Not much.

The Russian CAs are special in that they combine railgun-accurate guns with stealth radar capability. No other ship has that.

I mainly play DD's and the 12second radars doesn't bother me.
    Nevski is so easy to kill, it is so vulnerable to HE. Moskva is a joke.

Petro and Stalingrad are tough, just slow to kill. Especially Petro with its armor and low profile.
    It is really easy to kill DD's and other fast cruisers with the Petro guns.
    But they have low base damage and if you angle properly, they don't do too much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I mainly play DD's and the 12second radars doesn't bother me.
    In randoms, I agree.

Nevski is so easy to kill, it is so vulnerable to HE. Moskva is a joke.
    Both are only fielded in reasonable numbers in NA, due to the ban system there. 1st choice is ofc always Stalin & Petrov

It is really easy to kill DD's and other fast cruisers with the Petro guns.
    And that's the reason why teams bring 'em.

But they have low base damage and if you angle properly, they don't do too much damage.
    Well, these teams know how to set up angles, use cover and create cross fire zones. They also know how to aim and it isn't uncommon for BBs to take shots at and hit radar'd DDs from across the map.

Keep in mind that I refer to the KotS tournament all the time. Randoms are a different story ...

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Just unlocked the Kurfurst, grinding my Lutjens with meme secondary build in mind. It isn't optimal, but it is fun. In randoms you can make anything work.

The montana and the british carrier is the only silver ships I haven't unlocked at tier X now. I play this game way too much still. Game decided to throw a half year worth of premium game time at me through the supercontainer extravaganza. I really want the Pommern for my Lutjens build but don't have the coal for it and neither any inclination at actually giving wargaming any more money ...

I love my Tirpitz with Lütjens. The GK, not so much. But full secondaries builds are still fun.

But that's not a GK problem, but a bad BB player problem. I've been a DD main for the longest time, but I really can't adapt to CVs after the rework. It's not so much the actual damage of CVs, but the perma-spotting. So instead of increasingly getting killed early in the game, I switched to BBs, which at least give you a bit of a survival chance when coming under fire. But I catch myself over and over again in driving any ship class like a DD. Which obviously doesn't work for such a large piece of metal like the GK. Old/bad habits die hard, I guess.

I didn't like the Bismarck guns, too few and too random shell dispersion.
    For some reason I liked the Freddy, after a long while. In the end I really enjoyed playing it.
    But the GK I hate, finally a ship with 12 guns but you have no control over it. I see mountains with better turn radius, and this is intended to be a brawler?

On the Premium side I like Odin and Scharnhorst, sharny is a bit low calibered but for me I find triple gun turrets so much better.
    The little increase to 305's on Odin is a massive improvement, such a funny boat. Wish it had 5k more health.
    Pommeren is a beast, the best German BB without competition. Shitty sigma doesn't matter when you have so many guns. Something will hit.
    Like Odin the torp angles on Pommeren delivers!

Fuck GK, another port queen.