hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 323 of 323 FirstFirst ... 223273313320321322323
Results 6,441 to 6,443 of 6443

Thread: World of Warships

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    idk what does yamato have that repu doesn't? bigger volley but arguably less actual volume

the wows wiki says repu can not into competitive because anything can HE pen it

thing is it can devstrike that anything
    well maybe except haru and moskva but those are sparse

otoh with the upgrade i find the range lacking, used to dish out 10-20k in the initial spotting

i just retrained the jean-jaque baguette for it because Henri is meh

gonna add high alert, fire prevention is actually useless
    Fire prevention isn't useless, having only one superstructure fire instead of two is quite beneficial, particularly with all the light HE spamming ships being added lately. High alert is all of 8 seconds on premium damage control, you can get half that benefit (plus others) for no real opportunity cost with the consumables flag.

Yamato has a few advantages over Republique, like 57mm deck armoring from A to X turret that make it more resistant to HE spam, ability to overmatch battleships (which hurts when in the Rep, with your all-over 32mm armor), and having more firepower that's more accurate and easier to bring to bear. That said, Yamato is boring, and I've now ranked out twice with Rep, so you can still call me a fan. The legendary module is nice but only for pubs, too much range surrendered for ranked.

This season didn't go nearly as smoothly as last season (133 matches vs 97), not sure why. But at least I got the fancy camo for the Black and some steel for whatever comes after Stalingrad.

Spoiler:

They're doing a "sprint season" of ranked next, short duration, tier 5, they've said both 6v6 and 8v8 (but no explanation as to how that works), only 10 ranks and two brackets, plus allowing divisions. I'm expecting lots of Cesares, Gremies, and Kamikaze clones divisioned together. Gonna' be a shitshow but since I have a Cesare and Gremyaschy it might be one that gets me some stuff.

PSA: read the fucking news

basically you get 4k dubs free if you spend 40 euros in premium shop until monday

RN DDs are out. They've got a number of national flavor traits.

• Super acceleration - Just like the RN CLs they get moving faster and lose a lot less speed when turning. Can't mount the acceleration mod but they've got a superior version built in anyway. Dodging shells is considerably easier than other ships.
    • Special smoke - Larger area per puff, 2-4 puffs, puffs only last 40 seconds, generator reloads very quickly, up to 7 charges per match with premium consumable and SI skill.
    • Good fire chance - 9% per shell on the 4.7" guns is pretty crazy, the higher guns lose a little bit in raw chance but fire really fast.
    • Bad ballistics - The 4.7"/45s have even worse ballistic arcs than USN 5"/38s. The higher tiers are a little less bad, though.
    • Single launch torpedoes - Replaces wide spread. Can do some neat things like lay weird patterns that people dodge into. Not the easiest thing, though.
    • No speed boost - Instead you get...
    • Hydro - Tier 6+ Short ranged (3km for both torpedoes and ships) so primarily for defense, very difficult to use to push other DDs out of smoke. Lasts for 3 minutes (3:36 with duration module) and a premium version reloads in only 2 minutes.
    • Heal - Tier 9 & 10 only, high intensity and short duration. Heals twice as much per second as a normal heal but only comes with one charge base and heals less per charge than a normal heal.
    • Special AP - Tier 9 & 10 only. Slightly more forgiving autobounce angle than normal AP, though not as intense as the RN CLs. They need this because the 113mm guns do not have enough HE penetration base to even hurt other DD hulls or BB superstructures (though this can be alleviated with IFHE)

I got the tier 5 and 6 from missions, am up to the 8 so far.

Tier 5 - Acasta - Meh. It exists. Most tier 5 DDs that aren't the Gremy, Kamikaze triplets, or Okhotnik are pretty meh as well. Can't stealth torp, which is annoying.

Tier 6 - Icarus - A marked improvement. Guns are the same but you have the same concealment, 1km more torp range (and a 1km stealth torpedo window), and hydro. Good for "flew too close to the sun" memes when you find a secondary specced BB.

Tier 7 - Jervis - It's pretty much just a Gadjah Mada (read, really good) with above national flavors instead of PA flavors. Torps are only 7km, though, so only 0.7km stealth torp window. Rear turret is 360 which makes chasing things easier.

Tier 8 - Lightning - All three turrets are 360, which is quite nice, though they can't clear the superstructure so you still need to worry about firing arcs. Same 4.7" caliber as earlier but the reload is half a second faster and the guns are an extra 5 calibers longer so your ballistics are slightly better. Finally get dual-purpose main guns but their AA DPS of 14 total makes that irrelevant. Torpedoes are pretty middling when it comes to damage or speed, but at only 8km are pretty dangerous to use in higher-tier matches with radar. You also go from 2x5 tubes to 2x4.

The Lightning's turrets also look really cool and science fiction-y.
      Spoiler:
    Last edited by Dahak; October 19 2018 at 01:52:50 AM.