hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 314 of 322 FirstFirst ... 214264304311312313314315316317 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 6428

Thread: World of Warships

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Pardon my dumbness.. i only know for try your luck containers.. What is ordinary supercontainer, and how to get it?
    Every time you pull a container of any of the four categories there's a chance for it to be a super container, which can have gold, free XP, a big stack of flags, premium time, millions of credits, or a premium ship. Try your luck containers have an increased chance of being a super, but at the cost of fewer items if it's not a super.

Ah, now its clearer..

thanks

Unexpected.

O.o That must've been embarassing.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Been playing the new Cleveland a bit.

It's not particularly fun. You are almost always playing against tier Xs and it just does not have the range or the armor to compete.

I feel like if I get caught in the open at all I just get murdered instantly, and the HP pool is so low that one or two citadels and you are done

Seattle is shit. Take the Cleveland, cut some armor, make the turret traverse arcs much worse, and make it uglier. In return it gets dual purpose main battery with 1km more base AA range than Cleveland's 5" and access to the tier 9 heal and module slot. Also it is presently bugged so the B hull cuts 1km from your main battery range.

With these three improvements I would call it, at best, a sidegrade from Cleveland, and only in certain situations. You have to show a stupid amount of side to get all your guns in play and you have just lost armoring to protect that side. I honestly think the Cleveland is better than the Seattle, not just for tier, but probably period, in most situations.

Edit 3: Also, it has no secondaries. That's not usually a big deal for a cruiser but it's just another little demerit atop all the others.

Worcester, on the other hand, is a lot of fun and a real improvement. Back to the 5" belt armor and it shoots a lot of shells really fast. From the rate of fire to the radar to the ability to ambush planes with a full AA fit it's about as close to a tier 10 Atlanta as we've got. Really all it's lacking is the self defense torpedoes. I'm really enjoying it. It's a terrible ship for maps like Ocean or Okinawa, but otherwise solidly useful. Being able to surprise radar is pretty useful, too.

Edit: Graphic of turret arc differences.

Edit 2: Another thing, and this applies to both Buffalo and Seattle. They're both a reversion of the design ideas of the USN to earlier plans than the ships that precede them. Cleveland and Baltimore are both flush-deck ships with aviation facilities in the back and a below-deck hangar. Seattle and Buffalo are a reversion to the pre-war designs with lowered quarterdecks, catapults amidships, and hangar in the superstructure. That alone isn't a big deal (muh history), but it's just another oddity on top of the gameplay issues.
    Last edited by Dahak; July 4 2018 at 01:05:01 AM.

it is kind of a big deal, those hangars are functionally uarmoured leaving a nice spot where HE can just punch trough for full damage, the Queen Elizabeths have the same issue, though it's less significant on cruisers.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    it is kind of a big deal, those hangars are functionally uarmoured leaving a nice spot where HE can just punch trough for full damage, the Queen Elizabeths have the same issue, though it's less significant on cruisers.
    They're not any more or less armored than the rest of the superstructure, and while it does make the superstructure a bit larger it's not that much larger on most ships.

bonus code: 177514557196516

You get one of the purchasable containers, gives a chance for a mission to get one of: Sims, Monaghan, Atlanta, Kidd and Cleveland
    Last edited by Protik; July 4 2018 at 04:05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Protik View Post
    bonus code: 177514557196516

You get one of the purchasable containers, gives a chance for a mission to get one of: Sims, Monaghan, Atlanta, Kidd and Cleveland
    Got it, opened, got the KIDD mission.

Only one out of those I don't have is the Monaghan, I guess credits will have to make do
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I was excited when i got a mission, but it was for a cleveland, which is the only ship i already had

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    They're not any more or less armored than the rest of the superstructure, and while it does make the superstructure a bit larger it's not that much larger on most ships.
    did they change that ? because i recall on the Warspite the hangar is like 5mm with the superstructure being 12mm.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

They put the Cleveland in a higher tier?!

Question: my highest ship was the Cleveland before the patch. Did I get to keep it and thus get a high tier ship, or did they just give me the replacement? Can't check due to not being anywhere close to my computer for the next weeks.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Question: my highest ship was the Cleveland before the patch. Did I get to keep it and thus get a high tier ship, or did they just give me the replacement? Can't check due to not being anywhere close to my computer for the next weeks.

Tapapapatalk
    You get the tier 8 Cleveland and its equivalent tier 6 .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Tapapapatalk
    You get the tier 8 Cleveland and its equivalent tier 6 .

Sweet

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

so the cruiser split is in i see, and there's some new destroyers that consists of resprays of existing destroyers, oh and french battleships, wtf at that last one, eight guns on tier 10 ? wat.

are carriers less cancerous now?
    Viking, n.:

so the cruiser split is in i see, and there's some new destroyers that consists of resprays of existing destroyers, oh and french battleships, wtf at that last one, eight guns on tier 10 ? wat.

are carriers less cancerous now?
    Carriers so much so that they're a relatively rare sight at higher tiers. Still very well played CV's generally carry a game hard.

ST. Balance changes. British ships.

Changed the range for the British torpedo MK VII (installed on the cruiser Emerald, Leander, destroyers Jervis, Icarus):
    Range increased from 6 to 7km.

British cruiser Emerald:
    Surface Detectability Range reduced from 11.52 to 10.18 km;
    Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke reduced from 5.4 to 4.56 km.
    Changes are designed to increase the average life time and, accordingly, the overall effectiveness in combat.

Researchable British destroyers, II-X tier:
    Removed the consumable "Engine Boost". The change is intended to emphasize the role of "defensive" and relatively slow destroyers, that have wide-radius smoke screens and Hydroacoustic Search.

British Destroyer Lightning:
    Fixed a bug with an incorrect parameter for reloading Main Battery. The indicator was reduced from 6 to 5 seconds.

As part of testing the British destroyer Cossack, the following parameters have been changed:
    Surface Detectability Range increased from 6.49 to 6.97 km.
    Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke increased from 2.31 to 2.48 km.
    The angles of the guns of the Main Battery were changed:
    1 turret - added 58 degrees in total;
    2 turret - added the ability to rotate 360 degrees;
    3 turret - no change;
    4 turret - added 36 degrees in total.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.
    source

1. British Destroyers where not slow compared to their contemporaries
    2. sitting in a smoke cloud firing away is a wonderful way to get bend over and fucked with all the radar around, bonus point for nerfing the ability to run away
    3. why are their torpedoes worse than the American torpedoes ?
    Viking, n.:

Alsace getting the nerf bat badly with reload increased to 32s and Sigma dropped to 1.6.

WTF WG.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

oh and french battleships, wtf at that last one, eight guns on tier 10 ? wat.
    I had some initial misgivings about the Republique but I was very wrong. It's got some weaknesses, like 32mm all-over extremity armor making it very vulnerable to 8" HE or 6" IFHE, but it can do 34 knots for 4.5 minutes (with speed boost, speed boost module, and speed flag) has 2.0 sigma, the 17" guns overmatch Battleship Hindenburg and have Yamato penetration with silly muzzle velocity, has moderate turtleback, etc. It got me to rank 1 this past season in record time (<100 matches).