hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 313 of 323 FirstFirst ... 213263303310311312313314315316 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6450

Thread: World of Warships

56k damage in Cleveland.. ok, im slowly coming back, better than 5000 i did in my first game back..

I sent in game application to clan, someone let me in

sarray [EU]

Kronshtadt confirmed 750k free XP ship.

Various weird changes to the Stalingrad and Indy

https://www.facebook.com/notes/world...5816636078006/

Well, this happened.

Also made rank 1 for the fifth time, earning me my USS Satan. This was the easiest season by far, taking only 97 matches. Atago breezed to rank 10 and then after a little bit of experimentation with Des Moines or Zao I settled, surprisingly, on Republique, which became my best performing ranked ship by a pretty good margin.

Spoiler:

Normally I'm not a huge fan of battleships for ranked, usually too inflexible, but I think I have a good explanation. At tier 8 matches are dictated by destroyers, and everything else is there to support them. I like Atago because it can combat all classes fairly well, but importantly is stealthy enough to get in close and support friendly destroyers against enemy ones. Once the enemy DDs have been cleared out it's pretty much game over. At tier 10 cruisers become considerably more powerful, so they dictate matches. Destroyers can't cap until the Des Moines/Minotaurs/Moskvas are dead, and Republique is king at killing those. The 17" guns overmatch most parts of a cruiser's armor scheme, the short reload means you can catch them when they think they're safe to turn, and the speed boost lets you get places where only a cruiser should be at that point. It fights battleships well enough thanks to Yamato penetration (though not overmatch) and the powerful secondary suite/speed boost keeps destroyers at arm's length and helps you dodge torpedo spreads.

It was already one of my favorite battleships for randoms, this just seals the deal.

Obligatory https://youtu.be/yA1aVx0G1TI?t=5m31s

I'm not sure wtf is with that area of the Montana yielding citadels tbh, probably some sort of internal ricochets plunging the shell into the citadel?
    Last edited by Cosmin; May 26 2018 at 09:25:51 AM.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

I'm not sure wtf is with that area of the Montana yielding citadels tbh, probably some sort of internal ricochets plunging the shell into the citadel?
    Might be through the deck at the back of the ship?

idk

I've citadelled nose on montanas like that with my hindenburg of all things.

My guess was either the shell ricocheted down the B turret barbette or off the exterior of the X turret barbette into the citadel roof. Barbettes themselves don't count as citadels but they're armored enough to redirect a shell.

Watching that made me want to play botes again... it's been quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    56k damage in Cleveland.. ok, im slowly coming back, better than 5000 i did in my first game back..

sarray [EU]
    +1

would also appreciate if my application is picked up

Eyebot (EU)

Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post

sarray [EU]
    +1

Eyebot (EU)
    Done :3

sarray [EU]
    +1

Eyebot (EU)
    Done :3
    thx!

also noticed that 0.7.5 with the US cruiser split will drop in the next couple hours.
    and just by going by the screenshots on reddit ... it will be cruiser time!
    my nelson will feast on those citadels

edit: seeing the [FAIL] once again in front of my name feels good ^^

edit#2: also a dumb question ... how many flags do you get for "dreadnought"? 1 or 10? need to know to keep my nelson afloat :P
    Last edited by untilted; May 30 2018 at 09:56:29 PM.

Well, the patch is here and I have a Kronshtadt. It's a weird ship, still working out how I feel and how to use it, but at the moment it seems a lot like the Scharnhorst without the armor, torpedoes, secondaries, or AA (sad though the Scharnhorst's AA is).

The guns are similar in that they're considerably smaller than battleships around you but considerably slower than cruisers to reload. The AP is quite powerful, but unlike Scharnhorst the HE is actually useful. Both have battleship dispersion cones but cruiser sigma values (2 and 2.05 sigma). You do not have the protection, though. The Kron's 230mm belt is impressive for a cruiser but not enough better than the other cruisers to make a meaningful difference against the kind of late- and post-war battleship guns you'll be shot at by. The extremities are all 25mm so you'll be overmatched by every 15" or larger gun and take direct HE damage from anything >6" (or various IFHE equipped ships or those with special penetration like the Germans). This is the standard extremity armor for tier 9 heavy cruisers (I include Donskoi in this), but unlike them you are enormous.

Your AA is a comical joke, it still has DShKs for the short range AA, and with the speed of high tier planes they just don't have the range to do anything. I had DFAA running and struggled to kill a single tier 9 spotter plane that flew directly over me. Your second consumable slot is either DFAA or spotter plane, and the latter doesn't seem all that useful so I have opted to keep DFAA if only for the panic effect, since carriers are going to learn you're an easy target.

The ship is quite large, nearly the size of Moskva, but at 71k HP is on the low end for a tier 9 battleship (slightly more than Lion). Compared to the tier 9 cruisers it's quite chunky, even has ~10k more HP than Moskva, yet is still basically as stealthy as the Dmitri Donskoi. That's not particularly stealthy for a cruiser but still a lot better than Moskva.

Carries tier 9 Soviet radar (11.7km for 20 seconds, 28 with radar mod). This isn't of much direct utility to you, since your guns aren't accurate enough to reliably hit destroyers and you'll only get two salvoes. Plus even if you do hit a DD your 900 m/s AP that requires 51mm effective armor thickness to arm is going to blow right through and out the other side without detonating quite often.

Edit: Pro tip of the day - Kronshtadt will perform better if you don't get distracted while fitting and then play the next five matches without the rate of fire module installed. Oops.

edit#2: also a dumb question ... how many flags do you get for "dreadnought"? 1 or 10? need to know to keep my nelson afloat :P
    Every achievement that gives flags gives 10, but only once per day per achievement. The exception is First Blood, which gives only one +20% credits flag and is still subject to the once per day limit.
    Last edited by Dahak; May 31 2018 at 03:32:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    Edit: Pro tip of the day - Kronshtadt will perform better if you don't get distracted while fitting and then play the next five matches without the rate of fire module installed. Oops.
    xD
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

USS Black is get. First match was pretty inauspicious, but in match #2 I torpedoed a Khabarovsk twice over the course of the match with torpedoes slower than his ship, killing him at the end. That was good for a laugh.

At 43 knots they're about the slowest torpedoes I can think of beyond tier 4 or so, but they do 21k damage each and go for 13.7km. You don't so much fire them at ships as you do areas, hoping a ship strays into their path over the ~two minutes they're in the water chugging along. I'm thinking about a torpedo acceleration captain, which would bring them to (a still paltry but slightly better) 48 knots and 11km range, which should be plenty sufficient. Unfortunately USN DDs benefit greatly from a wide variety of skills, and I really would like about 30 points worth of skills...but alas, choices. Currently I'm using my Gearing captain with 4x tier 3 skills, which prevents me from taking TA, RDF, or AR.

No AR

OTOH AR is most useful when you also got a heal or a sort of last stand where you want to take the enemy with you. It's fantastic for torpedo botes since they can be left with minimal HP and a monstrous reload on their torpedoes.

I assume your Gearing captain has the torp reload skill and or demo expert otherwise I can't imagine why you can't take AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No AR

OTOH AR is most useful when you also got a heal or a sort of last stand where you want to take the enemy with you. It's fantastic for torpedo botes since they can be left with minimal HP and a monstrous reload on their torpedoes.

I assume your Gearing captain has the torp reload skill and or demo expert otherwise I can't imagine why you can't take AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently set up with this: http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100...11100000000119

Unfortunately this all means no torpedo armament expertise, no adrenaline rush, no radio location, and no torpedo acceleration. I had previously passed on torpedo acceleration because it was really only useful on Gearing and I wanted to use the captain elsewhere, but with the USN cruiser swapping I have a bunch of available captains, might specialize one just for Gearing/Black the way I did Atlanta/Flint.

So, i just realized there are supercontainers in game.

Whats the drop rate? Should i always roll for supercontainers or not?

Some veteran advice would be appreciated..

So, i just realized there are supercontainers in game.

Whats the drop rate? Should i always roll for supercontainers or not?

Some veteran advice would be appreciated..
    We don't know for sure, as Wargaming doesn't disclose values, but the semi-educated guess is ~2%. Try your luck containers have a "greater" chance for supers but I've not seen a solid value attached, though I collected 200 of them at the start and got ~4% supers.

TYL containers give you the best chance for things like gold, giant stacks of free XP, special modules, and premium ships, and are the only ones that drop better camos (they can drop the +X% XP and such camo (I'm pretty sure they can)), but in return you only get one stack of three or four items per container instead of the three stacks in the others.

I usually go with the flag containers to keep me stocked up on those (detonation flags being impossible to acquire reliably and required for ranked/clan battles) and I have a huge surplus of credits. If you need credits the consumable containers will probably be better than the credit containers, if I'm recalling correctly they drop enough consumables that the credit value outweighs the purely liquid credit containers.
    Last edited by Dahak; June 13 2018 at 03:26:06 AM.

Base is 1 or 2%

Its more like 3% or 4% for try your luck containers

Pardon my dumbness.. i only know for try your luck containers.. What is ordinary supercontainer, and how to get it?