hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 302 of 305 FirstFirst ... 202252292299300301302303304305 LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 6095

Thread: World of Warships

It was hotfixed on EU before it got opened so v0v

Got fiji for the 11 torp missions. Shit is very cash, haven't had this much fun since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    It was hotfixed on EU before it got opened so v0v

Got fiji for the 11 torp missions. Shit is very cash, haven't had this much fun since forever.
    The 90k torp damage mission is infuriating though. Closest I've gotten today was 87k, with 3BBs lined up... and then the game ended on points. RRRRAAAAA

Generally, there are tons of DDs around and few BBs. My new Chapayev really is fun right now.

But you dont really need to do that one right?
    ALso, both campaigns got extended to 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    Yay, cba to play right now and I really wanted that Scharnhorst camo.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

17th, according to the ingame timetable. That is EU though*

North Cape Missions are sometimes just bonkers, but the New Years Raid isn't that much better either. At least there's usually a "gather post-mod XP or money"-mission on every tier that you can repeat ad nauseam, so you can side-step the silly missions at least to some degree. Still a PITA.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

I've done the 75k mission and took up the 90k one. Wish me luck.
    Battleships continue to elude me, might gonna do it in rankeds in bismarck.

It was 17th by site, they just announced due to 75k xp mission bug they extended to 20th.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...ded_by_2_days/

Decided to play a few games of ranked. Only wins, until this guy was one out of only 2 battleships on my team.

We got an early lead, trading one DD (and some cruiser HP) for both of theirs and then proceeded to slowly get pushed backwards by their radar and BB superiority, while he kept his Amagi in reverse for most of the match. Arrrgh.

Saw some interesting things over the past 24 hours.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

This person driving the ship they were born for.
      Spoiler:

This person using one of the best camos in the game on one of the worst ships in the game.
      Spoiler:

Do you think the Lo Yang is good for ranked?
      Spoiler:

This is my NC captain build I got same one for Nagato (http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100...01000000000119), I plan to get Montana and probably stay at Amagi - what do I skill next for those ships? I have 13 points in both of those with 3 points free - do I get AA range for Amagi and Basics of Surv and Fire or Fire prevention for NC?

Could you help me with New Orleans build if I would like to go for Des Moines too? Do I got for both AA skills?
    Last edited by Voulture; January 10 2018 at 09:08:04 PM.

never take AA
    @
    bitch about CVs 24/7

tbh defensive fire and catapult fighter are more than enough for self-defence.

This is my NC captain build I got same one for Nagato (http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100...01000000000119), I plan to get Montana and probably stay at Amagi - what do I skill next for those ships? I have 13 points in both of those with 3 points free - do I get AA range for Amagi and Basics of Surv and Fire or Fire prevention for NC?

Could you help me with New Orleans build if I would like to go for Des Moines too? Do I got for both AA skills?
    Two options for the battleships, tanking or AA. I would generally recommend tanking because carriers are not terribly common at tier 8+. The North Carolina is also already quite dangerous to planes even without an AA spec. Ultimately it's up to you, though. I know someone who loves AA specs and tries his damndest to lure carriers into striking his ships so he can chew up their squadrons.

Tanking.

Lazy AA.

Active AA.

The active AA is probably only for the North Carolina, since most of the AA on the Japanese ships is in the 25mms. For the NC it will be more effective at killing planes overall and, most importantly, more effective at killing planes before they drop, but it requires your keeping a squadron designated at all times, or you lose out on the damage bonus.

For the cruiser you can again go for an AA spec or a more generalist setup. Unlike the battleships, though, you don't want manual AA since a huge amount of the Des Moines' AA is in the 3" automatics, not the 5" guns.

AA. - With a full kit (ignoring the +25% AA DPS module that nobody mounts since it takes up the main battery rate of fire or range slot) you have 560 DPS at 7.2km (1,680 with DFAA active), plus the handful of 20mms putting out another 57 DPS at 2.9km (DFAA doesn't work on them).

I don't have an AA spec since the few carriers I encounter generally avoid Des Moines like the plague if they can. I do still mount DFAA, though, in case I find an Essex or Midway with AP bombs. Mine is set up like this, which is "only" 466 DPS at 6km (1,400 with DFAA).

never take AA
    @
    bitch about CVs 24/7

https://streamable.com/3lzkl
    D&D is where I learned that a longsword is a one handed slashing weapon.

Gimmicks, gimmicks everywhere
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Irion View Post
    never take AA
    @
    bitch about CVs 24/7

i am sure dumping 10 points in AAA skills would help and also be useful in the other 80% matches without carriers

totally

Quote Originally Posted by Irion View Post
    never take AA
    @
    bitch about CVs 24/7

i am sure dumping 10 points in AAA skills would help and also be useful in the other 80% matches without carriers

totally
    AAA skills basically just give you bonus xp when CV's attack people near you, in terms of personal defense they change the result from "Dead" to "Dead with some plane kills".
    D&D is where I learned that a longsword is a one handed slashing weapon.

@Dahak - thanks man, this is super detailed and kinda in line with what I wanted
    Is Radio Location that good of a skill on Des M.?

@Dahak - thanks man, this is super detailed and kinda in line with what I wanted
    Is Radio Location that good of a skill on Des M.?
    I'm an advocate for the skill on any ship that could conceivably fill the role of countering destroyers, as well as torpedo destroyers because they have the most to fear from other destroyers, so long as you don't compromise your other skills to take it. It gives you lots of useful information, particularly late-game, that can go a long way towards countering the stealth of a destroyer or even the sneakier cruisers. I find it especially useful on close range ships like the Des Moines since it lets you know if someone is sneaking up on you or how your own sneaking is going. Also I don't really feel there's a whole lot you can do with those four remaining points on the Des Moines. You could exchange your AA and secondary range a bit, but USN secondaries, particularly on cruisers, are terrible and AA has the issues I mentioned previously. Fire isn't that big a deal in cruisers anymore thanks to the halved burn times, on paper DE shows a large benefit thanks to your high rate of fire giving you the bonus often, but that same high rate of fire means you're going to set fires often anyway, so on and so forth.

Not everyone on here is as much as fan of it as I am, and on occasion I do think about switching it out, but every time I use it to torpedo a destroyer in smoke with the Zao, or run one down in the Henri, or torp a battleship in a typhoon with the Shima, etc., it proves its worth. Also great for clan battles when you can coordinate with your team more easily. If it weren't a skill but rather some sort of outlawed mod there would be a pretty tremendous hue and cry about it.
    Last edited by Dahak; January 11 2018 at 06:24:24 PM.

Can't rep you again.
    One more, last, question - I got your "tanking" build on my NC, got 13 points and 3 o those are free - do I go Basics of Surv or farm for Fire prevention first?

Can't rep you again.
    One more, last, question - I got your "tanking" build on my NC, got 13 points and 3 o those are free - do I go Basics of Surv or farm for Fire prevention first?
    In general I suggest more expensive skills earlier, since the interval between each skill point grows. This way you minimize the amount of dead time those points are sitting around and doing nothing. The only time I deviate from that is if there's two really important skills at the same tier, like last stand and expert marksman for the Anshan.