hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 300 of 305 FirstFirst ... 200250290297298299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 6,000 of 6095

Thread: World of Warships

  1. #5981
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    28,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    You don't need defensive aa with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because? Have you actually played rankeds and met CVs or are you just sperging out of your ass?
    Last edited by RazoR; December 25 2017 at 05:54:39 AM.

  2. #5982
    Neoo Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27, 2011
    Posts
    1,516
    ...aaaaaaaand potato cv in team strikes for a critical hit - AGAIN.



    "It's ok, I am getting better, but I won't stop playing" "Your tears are lube" "I am trying but he[other cv] is just better".

    If I was in range and alive, I would end that match by TK (he was last one alive hiding in the corner w/o planes).

    I mean, starting with, tier 8 cv against T10 AA. Then the moron tried to attack the best AA ships in the game and got shredded. Then they wonder why people hate match maker, or why people are so mean in chat to CV players. This is why, and it happens far too often.
    Last edited by Neoo Gabriel; December 25 2017 at 06:42:40 AM.

  3. #5983
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,508
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    You don't need defensive aa with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because? Have you actually played rankeds and met CVs or are you just sperging out of your ass?
    I'm rank 13 after 27 battles, out of which lots of them were with the Alabama. With a 19 point captain and mediocre AA skills (no manual AA, no BFT), AA mod 2 it has a 99 AA rating and 582 DPS. Only one that is better is a fking Minotaur with (again almost) full AA build (no manual AA, just AFT and BFT).

    So.

    Bismarck has good AA (compared to Tirpitz), however the AA mod is on the same slot as gun precision and if you don't spec into that you get shit dispersion, but it will never reach Alabama/North Carolina levels of godlike AA. The other problem is because of the turtleback the AP bombs have just enough time to arm and explode inside the ship, doing massive amounts of damage. So I feel ya.


    Now think these are tier 8 carriers, not 9-10, so defensive AA isn't really needed.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

  4. #5984
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    28,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    You don't need defensive aa with them.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because? Have you actually played rankeds and met CVs or are you just sperging out of your ass?
    I'm rank 13 after 27 battles, out of which lots of them were with the Alabama. With a 19 point captain and mediocre AA skills (no manual AA, no BFT), AA mod 2 it has a 99 AA rating and 582 DPS. Only one that is better is a fking Minotaur with (again almost) full AA build (no manual AA, just AFT and BFT).

    So.

    Bismarck has good AA (compared to Tirpitz), however the AA mod is on the same slot as gun precision and if you don't spec into that you get shit dispersion, but it will never reach Alabama/North Carolina levels of godlike AA. The other problem is because of the turtleback the AP bombs have just enough time to arm and explode inside the ship, doing massive amounts of damage. So I feel ya.


    Now think these are tier 8 carriers, not 9-10, so defensive AA isn't really needed.
    See, it doesn't matter at all how many planes you shoot down after they drop their load and with there being only 5 allies to potentially help you are gonna get rekt enough to be sent to the back bench (be it directly from the planes or dodge aftermath) either way.

    Also lol speccing AA on a BB, especially Bismarck where you are exactly 1 point short for a finished build (with superintendent, that is). Dumping PM for a second fighter also doesn't appeal to me.

  5. #5985
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,573
    All ranks are pretty much irrelevant until rank 5. It's only then that shit gets hard. Until 5 ,if you are not totally shit, you can carry.

    Rank 5-1 can take a couple of hundred matches depending on how lucky you are.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  6. #5986
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,508
    AA on USN BBs makes loads of sense, since your secondaries are shit. On german BBs (except derpitz and scharn) it's more of a cheeky choice, but you can do it. Generally I tend to kill 2-3 out of 4 torp bombers in the 'bama, which makes a LOT of difference in the damage received.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

  7. #5987
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    All ranks are pretty much irrelevant until rank 5. It's only then that shit gets hard. Until 5 ,if you are not totally shit, you can carry.

    Rank 5-1 can take a couple of hundred matches depending on how lucky you are.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I hope at least people are less shit, because so far I've thought I've seen it all but some things are so retarded I don't even.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

  8. #5988
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    ...aaaaaaaand potato cv in team strikes for a critical hit - AGAIN.



    "It's ok, I am getting better, but I won't stop playing" "Your tears are lube" "I am trying but he[other cv] is just better".

    If I was in range and alive, I would end that match by TK (he was last one alive hiding in the corner w/o planes).

    I mean, starting with, tier 8 cv against T10 AA. Then the moron tried to attack the best AA ships in the game and got shredded. Then they wonder why people hate match maker, or why people are so mean in chat to CV players. This is why, and it happens far too often.
    Why let it get to you? It's one match in a casual game of boats. Wargaming matchmaking sometimes makes ridiculous lineups but that's not the players fault. Or that wargaming has a line of ships that is outright trash atm and can't get their fingers out to fix them (but sure as hell makes things worse by releasing broken premiums). But again that is not the players fault.

    Raging in chat isn't going to get you anywhere tbh, it's not worth it.

  9. #5989
    Dahak's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chelyabinsk-40
    Posts
    5,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    Maybe things will change past rank 12, and if it becomes a slog I will settle around then and go back to enjoy random.
    You're in the same bracket from 15-11, expect a moderate bump in difficulty once you hit the 10-6 bracket and a major one from 5-2.

  10. #5990
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,508
    Yeah, 10-6 is a bit uncomfortable so far. 5-2 will probably be hellish.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

  11. #5991
    Neoo Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27, 2011
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoo Gabriel View Post
    ...aaaaaaaand potato cv in team strikes for a critical hit - AGAIN.



    "It's ok, I am getting better, but I won't stop playing" "Your tears are lube" "I am trying but he[other cv] is just better".

    If I was in range and alive, I would end that match by TK (he was last one alive hiding in the corner w/o planes).

    I mean, starting with, tier 8 cv against T10 AA. Then the moron tried to attack the best AA ships in the game and got shredded. Then they wonder why people hate match maker, or why people are so mean in chat to CV players. This is why, and it happens far too often.
    Why let it get to you? It's one match in a casual game of boats. Wargaming matchmaking sometimes makes ridiculous lineups but that's not the players fault. Or that wargaming has a line of ships that is outright trash atm and can't get their fingers out to fix them (but sure as hell makes things worse by releasing broken premiums). But again that is not the players fault.

    Raging in chat isn't going to get you anywhere tbh, it's not worth it.
    Well I don't know, I was really concentrated in the match, dodging bombs, torps , volleys and trying to kill off one of those montanas and a Kutusov while staying alive, but I didn't have time to complain or even notice where his planes were until I died. Died by the third strike wave as I killed the kutusov, and then I wonder, wtf happened to the rest of the team, and where are the friendly planes? Then I realize what happened, saw chat and understood, then proceeded to ask the cv player not to drive CVs again etc.

    Why do I let it get to me? I usually don't care because RNG, but this specific case of CV skill mismatch is a win/lose decider, every time. The other cv wasn't even a unicum, but mine was so bad that it proved to be an insurmountable obstacle. Its a wargaming problem but it is one of the few issues with the game as it stands that really upsets people due to the overwhelming power of a single CV due to its scouting and other things, and the possibility of overwhelming disparity depending on hull match-up and driver skill.

    Fuck CVs and I just bought a Hyriu, I don't even. I had a 60%+ win rate with ryujo, so if you can't beat the cancer become a part of it I guess.

  12. #5992
    Dahak's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chelyabinsk-40
    Posts
    5,467
    The worst offenders on your team this ranked season:

    Prinz Eugen/Hipper
      Spoiler:

    Tirpitz
      Spoiler:

    Dude with all the unstable mods who never loads in
      Spoiler:

    Destroyer who is "just going to scout [the other cap]"
      Spoiler:

  13. #5993

    Join Date
    November 4, 2012
    Posts
    350
    Ranked + Christmas holidays... XD

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  14. #5994
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,508
    myeah
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

  15. #5995
    Neoo Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27, 2011
    Posts
    1,516
    Rank 12 undefeated hell yeah. Thank you R-N-Gejus!

    I think that's 15 battles and 15 wins. I wonder how many were so lucky with their teams?

  16. #5996
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,573
    Just bought 20 of the mid level santa containers on a whim.

    Got Scharnhorst, de grasse, atlanta and sims in the last 4 containers

    4k doubloons too

  17. #5997

    Join Date
    October 10, 2011
    Posts
    39
    Hood worth getting? I think i will use the FXP for the Missouri instead of Nelson at this point.

  18. #5998
    Cosmin's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14, 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,508
    You should definitely get the Missouri since it's going away for good in 0.7.2 and will likely remain the only BB with radar in the game and the best credit earner. Even if Musashi will have similar credit earning potential built in, the guns are worse and the ship as a whole is meh.

    Nelson is meh but will likely be around for a lot longer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

  19. #5999

    Join Date
    November 4, 2012
    Posts
    350
    Free stuffs: W4R5H1P5A8G5R

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

  20. #6000
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    6,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Free stuffs: W4R5H1P5A8G5R

    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Cheers m8 but we have a thread

    http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...-of-BonusCodes

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •