hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 299 of 315 FirstFirst ... 199249289296297298299300301302309 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 6286

Thread: World of Warships

Pretty sure all the deals end by the 6th of Jan.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    Well, Wargaming has located the torpedo bug and are working on a fix. The changed detection icon is also a bug that should be fixed soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    So for ranked I got the following contenders:
    - North Carolina - fully decked out but will need to respec Seagal for it;
    - Alabama;
    - Tirpitz;
    - Could buy Atago;
    - LoYang.

Which one to pick?

I'd rather focus on only one ship and strive for excellence than switcheroo between them and my LoYang captain is just three points (could realistically get him to 10 with elite commander xp).

My issues: I'm not so good with dds. And in ranked a DD needs to carry hard. Same with BB. Was considering even Kagero but meh torpbotes when you can encounter a LoYang on the other side and get rekd. Alabama vs NC is due to the latter not needing a very expensive captain respec but the Alabama seems underwhelming to me. Tirpitz has crap guns and shit aa.

Really kicking myself for not getting the Kutuzov.
    Destroyers will be the best if you can carry in them, ranked matches are won or lost on their backs and Lo Yang can check the enemy's ability to cap and even take out enemy destroyers in the process. That said, I wouldn't take a Lo Yang without 10 points minimum (ship needs concealment and survivability expert skills really badly).

I'm not really fond of battleships for the higher ranks, they're too inflexible and dependent on your screening ships to survive. I used one in tier 6 to get to rank 1 but that's because the Fuso was effectively the best heavy cruiser of the tier, not necessarily the best battleship. Alabama and North Carolina are mostly identical, so you could use one or the other, though in the context of ranked the Alabama may have a small edge, particularly thanks to the vastly improved torpedo protection.

I used Atago to hit rank 1 last time ranked was tier 8. It's got stealth, speed, can wreck enemy destroyers with 10x Japanese 8" HE shells, can torpedo smoke clouds, burn down battleships from range whilst avoiding a lot of return fire, and can even recover somewhat from mistakes that aren't immediately lethal. I will either use the Atago or Lo Yang this time around, I expect, though I will not be using a destroyer until they fix the torpedo bug, I don't want to throw a match because my torpedoes decided to hit a friendly behind me instead of an enemy in front.

Speaking of ranked, the details are out. It's randomly about a week shorter than previous seasons and the stars required haven't changed, so that's...something. Also, 7x rank 1s get you special camo for Flint and Black instead of a new ship, possible they didn't have one ready or something along those lines.

Fk everything, just discovered I do own the KIDD, so going to play that. I'm actually confident I could carry hard in that thing.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Did that and carried couple matches, shit teams who yolo one cruiser into 3 battleships checked and all.

Not a bad start. I'll prolly kill myself before reaching 1 )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Free shit people:

SHIPMASDAYS1712

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Playing Alabama and on my 6th win in a row.

Ok, found muh ship

Ok, found muh ship
    HOOD
    O
    O
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

Ok, found muh ship
    HOOD
    O
    O
    D
    Is tier 7?

Btw it's really cutting it short for the Scharnhorst camo if you don't buy the Duke of York straight away

Hmm that's like 9 days sill right?

9 days is ok, it seemed to me it was 3 days. #potato

All cool, please tell me how to play sharn. I am getting used to brawl more but seems like my ap is bouncing a lot against bbs. Do i shoot he a lot? I am secondaries specced right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    All cool, please tell me how to play sharn. I am getting used to brawl more but seems like my ap is bouncing a lot against bbs. Do i shoot he a lot? I am secondaries specced right now.
    I would avoid HE as much as possible, since German HE is terrible (your 11" guns do less damage than Japanese 8" guns and fire considerably slower). If belt penetrations aren't in the cards then aiming for other places is very viable as the relatively small size of your guns means you're less likely to get overpens on more lightly armored sections, or just go silent and relocate. As much fun as it is to rush a battleship and torpedo them I would say your time is generally better spent hunting cruisers.

Thanks, what I meant by rushin was more about my 8km secondaries than torps really. But yeah, so far, loving it. Really cool ship. OH and thanks for info re HE, it looked shitty, now i am sure I should never use it :P

Yorvk might be the only german ship HE is viable in tvh

Obligatory:

First of all, Scharnhorst is not a battleship. So you don't engage battleships at range, because your guns are shit VS BBs - I did get citadels with it VS BBs but only VS another Scharnhorst and that was one in 200+ games. Its guns are good for slapping cruisers and DDs with impunity and its belt armor is fantastic at bouncing BB shells - like even Nagato shells - but only if angled properly. You don't go bow on with the Shiny Horse because you'll be lolpenned through the bow (this is not a Tirpitz clone). You can slap BBs when you're v close to them as to be able to torp them, but otherwise run away from anything else sporting a BB icon. Generally shoot AP at everything except angled BBs where you're better off with HE spam (it can light fires in a decent manner). AA is shit so spec for secondaries and stealth (I run a hybrid build with main armaments dispersion installed and manual secondaries, it tends to rip a new one in cruisers and DDs who come too close and still maintains enuf gun precision to slap cruisers/DDs with the main guns. Take catapult fighter and not a spotter plane because you can't hit anything reliably beyond 15km anyway. Keep moving at all times, do get the rudder shift to do torpedobeats with impunity. This is more or less a tl;dr of the above video, it still stands relevant.

I started playing carriers in case they are included next clan battles season (I hope they are not). I just got to the Lexington and its AP bombs. This shit is just amazing(ly stupid). Below you will see the manual drop oval and how insanely accurate it is. Auto drop oval is ~50-75% larger. I lured the other Lex's fighters away and took a Scharnhorst from 100 -> 0 maybe three minutes into the match.

Spoiler:

CVs in ranked battles really shit in my cornflakes. But then i am flying Bismarck so most of the time i'm mobile anyway.

NC or Alabama and CVs can't do shit about it.

NC or Alabama and CVs can't do shit about it.

Because those have defensive AA, oh wait.

You get bombed or torped and the table's already tilt. And the CV on your team is almost always a useless shitter.

You don't need defensive aa with them.

So far with Bismark I am 8 battles and 8 wins and a cruise down to rank 15. Stats say its unicum level at 1700 WTR. Lots of high caliber, confederate, close quarters, dreadnought and fireproof achievements, and I almost got kraken in 2 of them.

People don't realize how much better the Bismark and GK with secondaries spec are in 7 man teams. Maybe if there are CVs things would change. I am going to spec my last 4 points on manual AA to help if that happens at higher ranks (am using a 15pt captain on it, but have enough elite to buy it through if i need, while I special flag it to 19).

Saw a carrier queued for ranked the day it came out but I managed to exit queue right away. Came back 15 minutes later and haven't seen one since.

Lots of try-hards going for the pro recommendation of NC, Amagi, benson, etc. Too bad that doesn't make average players good. Players that excel in their chosen ships will win through against those trying to learn a new one. The only ships that I respect in ranked going by what I saw so far is kutuzov/chappy, kidd, akizuki and benson. Haven't seen any amazing game with the "best" ships like NC and amagi yet. Cap control is what this ranked season is about and the 11km aura of doom is working fine with me. Even if/when I lose matches I know my contribution will be strong.

And if you are a really good DD player in a Kidd or that gajamada, I think its very possible for you carry games and get kraken given the 50%++ distribution of BBs I have seen up to rank 15.

Maybe things will change past rank 12, and if it becomes a slog I will settle around then and go back to enjoy random.

The thing is, I love ranked as a means to enjoy my Bismark w/o getting under tiered in T10 matches, having to suffer American AP bombs (specially midway) or seal clubbing T6s. Maybe that's how I will level my Amagi's Yamamoto too.