hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Incoming Permaban Wave

but wont someone think of the singing sessions on teamspeak :'(

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Erotica 1 View Post
    There are guys who legitly have not remotely come close to any sort of "grief" play whatsoever and are banned, so we don't know.
    Remeber: it's not the griefer who's to decide what amounts to "griefing".

It's deja vu all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Longdrinks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Longdrinks View Post
    [–]seqastian 32 poeng 4 hours ago
    A bunch of assholes griefing people got banned and we are supposed to get mad about it cause CCP is ruining the sandbox by banning out a bunch of assholes.
    So close to shooting a monument.
    permalenkelagreforeldrerapportergi gullsvar
    Many banned are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. But sure, throw them under the bus because it's funny. True sociopaths...
    im having a hard time taking anything you say seriously so heh
    For what purpose would I mislead you? I don't play Eve. I have nothing to gain. I have a problem with CCP banning people for reasons unknown, and then all sorts of trolls coming out of the woodwork to belittle them. The mob mentality rarely is on the right side of anything. Sure, plenty of people banned did things that could be considered bad. But we don't even know if those are the reasons. The problem here is that the majority of Eve players could be banned. You could literally pick a thousand completely random players, some of which may be your close personal friends, blanket ban them all with vague wording, not tell the accused what they supposedly did, and the mob would still be out in force saying all sorts of vile insults to and about them. It's frankly sick and disturbing that so many of out fellow mankind will stoop to such a low level of depravity and act like they are the good guys.
    because you enjoy fucking with people
    I enjoyed getting lots of isk and assets and giving it away to friends. songs and speeches were cool. Beyond that, I don't know what you mean. You've drunk the troll koolaid I guess.
    All the other stuff you have done that is eve-related aside, you deserve to be called out based purely of that soundcloud that you put out, you know the one.

I listened to it and the whole way through it was clear that you very much enjoyed extracting tears, and I'm not talking get-mad cos my internet space ship blew up tears, shit we all love farming and weeping those tears its part of winning and losing at eve, I'm talking 'I'm being made a fool of on the internet and I'm too retarded to figure out how to get out of this situation' tears that you could have damn well stopped at any second but instead by letting continue proved to everyone that you are a sadist.

Eve is a game where one can act out the role of sociopathic sadist in a fantasy environment which is fine with me tbh, whether its as nullsec tyrant, lowsec pitate scum, or jita scammer, everyone's fantasises what its like to be the bad guy at some point. But by bringing that outside of the boundaries of the fantasy means that the acting has stopped and you revealed it as your irl personality. THAT'S why the mob hates you dude, I'm surprised you haven't figured that out yet.

For the record i think a slap on the wrist/temp ban would have been a fairer response to that whole thing since you didn't plan to attack that dude specifically but whatever, your right the mob does have a way of dealing with things like this that the courts don't.
    Last edited by Artjay; September 11 2014 at 01:33:55 PM.
    The existence of space means the existence of pirates.

Abloogy woogy woo, innocent people were banned.

Carry on
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    What Artjay said. Ripard and the others had very little to do with the low esteem people hold you in after the primary material releases got out to a wider audience.

I'm not sure I agree with banning ALL the people related, but given the time lag it seems this is concluding some form of followup investigation.

It'd still be nice to get a more direct explanation from CCP obviously.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Quote Originally Posted by sharptoast View Post
    Having not really paid much attention to this whole thing I think people are going to regard you generally as an arsehole no matter what you say mate.
    Well, that is to be expected. Mynnna and Ripard did a great job with making up shit.
    You haven't spoken a single truth in your Eve playing life so don't expect anyone to pay you any regard now either. There is no point to you trying to defend your honour or whatever else you might want to say because no one except the truly uninformed is going to take you seriously.

Erotica, you had to be banned. Not for what you did, which was bad enough, but because if you hadn't been stopped there, what happens if your next victim is manic depressive and flips his shit, murders his whole family, and then kills himself?

This playerbase, every fucking one of us, will push a thing until we get bitchslapped. You got bitchslapped so it stopped before someone died.

You are a sociopath though. Then again so are most of us in this game you just put yours WAY out on display.
    A critical exception has occurred. The exception is FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtSniper View Post
    Erotica, you had to be banned. Not for what you did, which was bad enough, but because if you hadn't been stopped there, what happens if your next victim is manic depressive and flips his shit, murders his whole family, and then kills himself?

This playerbase, every fucking one of us, will push a thing until we get bitchslapped. You got bitchslapped so it stopped before someone died.

You are a sociopath though. Then again so are most of us in this game you just put yours WAY out on display.
    Yes, video games made Columbine happen, ban video games.

Bonus point for slippery slope fallacy.

Most people get a verbal or formal warning. Even botters get a temp ban. And it wasn't that long ago that a CSM got temp banned for encouraging someone to kill himself, on record and in public. The rage on the sohkar tape is very mild, I've shown it to family and friends and got an unanimous "lol this is hilarious, the guy running this is brilliant". I can think of a few alliances with way more offensive TS/mumble abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Erotica
    I enjoyed getting lots of isk and assets and giving it away to friends. songs and speeches were cool. Beyond that, I don't know what you mean. You've drunk the troll koolaid I guess.
    you're a piece of shit, rip
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by Lucence View Post

Most people get a verbal or formal warning. Even botters get a temp ban. And it wasn't that long ago that a CSM got temp banned for encouraging someone to kill himself, on record and in public. The rage on the sohkar tape is very mild, I've shown it to family and friends and got an unanimous "lol this is hilarious, the guy running this is brilliant". I can think of a few alliances with way more offensive TS/mumble abuse.
    It's not a fallacy when people have commited suicide because other people have ridiculed them on the internet. It has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin

And nothing of value was lost.

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar

Er like literally "we should have stopped it sooner" is the refrain of every emotional abuse resulting In suicide ever, you can't seriously be arguing this?

What in the world does "it's a video game" have to do with extended harassment on a voice over IP server?

Edit:actually given his actual post and your Columbine response you almost have to be trolling because that's so much of a strawman you calling him out for slippery slope...
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post

Er like literally "we should have stopped it sooner" is the refrain of every emotional abuse resulting In suicide ever, you can't seriously be arguing this?

What in the world does "it's a video game" have to do with extended harassment on a voice over IP server?

Edit:actually given his actual post and your Columbine response you almost have to be trolling because that's so much of a strawman you calling him out for slippery slope...
    Probably. I posted my reply based on the fact he really could 'not get it'. It's possible.

I will say that erotica ban being an immediate perma was over the top. It should have been a month ban with a heavy dose of don't ever fucking do this again in email form. But I get why they did what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgtSniper
    I will say that erotica ban being an immediate perma was over the top. It should have been a month ban with a heavy dose of don't ever fucking do this again in email form. But I get why they did what they did.
    No, fuck that. eve is a sandbox but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.
    when stuff like this (to this extent) is co-ordinated out of game it should be a permanent ban, no two ways about it.

people can bitch and moan about CCP holding hands but when you have people blatantly taking advantage of players that don't know any better, podding themselves out of SP and losing all their possessions eve is losing customers and players.

i read the reddit threads earlier this morning and it's just the most retarded circlejerk i've ever seen.

"waah eve is a sandbox and i've been banned wtf" if people honestly didn't think they were going to get in trouble doing this they're dumber than pigshit and deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post

I can say with absolute certainty that the kind of thing that happened in the bonus room would not be responsible for someone doing anything drastic. People who commit suicide and extreme violence have pre-existing conditions that may or may not be triggered uncontrollably. Depression is a serious illness. Schizophrenia is a serious illness. If you or someone you know has emotional issues, seek help. Blaming facebook, GTA, silent hill or the bonus room is at best inconsiderate and at worst outright offensive to people who struggle daily with psychiatric disorder.

On the topic of harassment, had you been there, had you been familiar with what the bonus room is and isn't, you would know nothing could be furthest from the truth. I've personally helped a few of erotica1 customers recover, giving them gameplay advice, chatting with them, going out of my way to get them in good corps, and checking up on them every other week for a few months. I don't think a single customer has ever left us significantly more emotionally damaged than when we found him.

I never profited from the bonus room, and wasn't that involved anyway because, unlike what you'd think, the average bonus room is very tame, very boring, and I don't have the patience to listen to some dude reading the CODE in a Minnesota accent and singing Spice Girls covers for half an hour before he decides he's wasted enough of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I've shown it to family and friends and got an unanimous "lol this is hilarious, the guy running this is brilliant"

Can't pick your family. Guess my friends are sociopaths too vOv
    Last edited by Lucence; September 11 2014 at 02:13:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucence
    I can say with absolute certainty that the kind of thing that happened in the bonus room would not be responsible for someone doing anything drastic. People who commit suicide and extreme violence have pre-existing conditions that may or may not be triggered uncontrollably. Depression is a serious illness. Schizophrenia is a serious illness. If you or someone you know has emotional issues, seek help. Blaming facebook, GTA, silent hill or the bonus room is at best inconsiderate and at worst outright offensive to people who struggle daily with psychiatric disorder.

On the topic of harassment, had you been there, had you been familiar with what the bonus room is and isn't, you would know nothing could be furthest from the truth. I've personally helped a few of erotica1 customers recover, giving them gameplay advice, chatting with them, going out of my way to get them in good corps, and checking up on them every over week for a few months. I don't think a single customer has ever left us significantly more emotionally damaged than when we found him.

I never profited from the bonus room, and wasn't that involved anyway because, unlike what you'd think, the average bonus room is very tame, very boring, and I don't have the patience to listen to some dude reading the CODE in a Minnesota accent and singing Spice Girls covers for half an hour before he decides he's wasted enough of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post

On the topic of harassment, had you been there, had you been familiar with what the bonus room is and isn't, you would know nothing could be furthest from the truth. I've personally helped a few of erotica1 customers recover, giving them gameplay advice, chatting with them, going out of my way to get them in good corps, and checking up on them every over week for a few months. I don't think a single customer has ever left us significantly more emotionally damaged than when we found him.

Thanks for the negrep and constructive feedback.

Some of the dumber posters in here crying waahwaah people got banned for harassement should honestly consider killing themselves irl (not ingame).

Thanks for the negrep and constructive feedback.
    >implying you didn't deserve it
    thanks for the wall of :sperge: