hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1421222324

Thread: "It just works" Linux aka "Anything better than Ubuntu?"

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    iTunes is literally the worst piece of software I have ever used and the main reason I refuse to buy into Apple's ecosysystem ever again

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    I haven't used iTunes in years, but I still dilligently update when the auto updater asks me to.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    I haven't used iTunes in years, but I still dilligently update when the auto updater asks me to.
    That program is the only thing that will drop me out of a game to demand my attention. Not even Windows Update will do that.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    That program is the only thing that will drop me out of a game to demand my attention. Not even Windows Update will do that.
    You then cleaely hadn't installed WSL (aka "the Window's Linux") before 1703. That had a scheduled task which popped up the Linux bash and did a "sudo apt update" every <x> days ... regardless of what's been running in the foreground.

While the intention was good (keep also the WSL updated), the implementation clearly wasn't optimal. I get it that WSL was considered to be Beta at that time. But that was one hell of an obvious and easy to spot flaw.

While i see the irony of sorting that clip under RPGs... I think youtube may be drunk.
    You can realy see how it has tried to fit my dwarf fortress watching into the different categories. "To the left we have stuff that's ...eh ...similar? no? ok. how about we go this direction instead? You like ascii, right?"
    Also. i3 gaps is awesome.

Last edited by Ashaz; January 17 2018 at 09:31:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    The Mac UI looks better and is more consistent
    Ever since windows 7 I can't use any window manager that doesn't snap windows to half or full screen if I drag them to the side/top of the screen.
    KDE <3

My biggest problem that keeps me in W7 still is I'm a gamer. and a sound engineer. The good daws don't work under Linux. Ardour exists, but it simply can not compete. Reaper works through wine and you can even run VSTs now, but not if they require an iLok. And alot of the good ones do.
    So the main desktop machine is still W7, but all my 3 laptops run Linux now. With Mint being as good as it is, I find no reason not to. Getting insane batterytime out of my 10 year old X200S with XFCE.

Yep unfortunately Linux for sound is p. awful
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.