hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we have an honest discussion about failheap activity?

Can we have an honest discussion about failheap activity?

So first off, everytime i leave and come back I feel like it's quieter, like failheap is missing something that made it great. I can persuade myself to an extent when I compare it to a titan kill on eve forums however many years ago to today.

People probably don't give as much of a shit anymore. It happens I guess, I mean eve's not dying (at least according to their 1h financial yolk) but when 0.0 is as boring as it currently is (or at least that I've read) people probably aren't as spurred to come here, let alone post here. That's one aspect sure, but that dragged people to other parts of SHC and yeah, I can't argue this. EVE people don't care as much so I guess it will take a dive over time anyway.

There's obviously still the older guard, but i mean as a prime example, somer getting banned reached 22 pages. that's utterly diabolical. That was the most prime of posting grounds for any old fucker with an opinion and nothing happened. Zilcho.

Is it US timezone?
    I remember failheap best as a time when a doctrine recruitment thread ran to 60 pages, hell even my own minecraft server thread ran to the same, it just seems like a part of failheap has died and people don't care as much anymore. This is a kinda weak example because as weird as it sounds with my work i'm mostly US tz and im p sure for a fact it's quieter there but seeing as this is hosted there and advertised there, wat.

is it over moderation?
    honestly, probably not. i had a p good time a few nights ago reading the mod thread in that forum a few nights ago but there's a few names that stand out as not posting here at all or not at all anymore. i haven't seen a filingo post since ive came back and that's fucking sad. soffles doesn't seem to post as much either and that's sad too. I mean it's probably not them either, it's probably the whole "power thing" and maybe having tasted it kind of ruined fhc for them? That's sad too. FWIW i actually like the fhc mod crew, i always liked spasm, entrox, and hast etc, the only thing is I never remembered hast or entrox for their posting, it was their moderation.
    The number of fhc people i don't like can be counted on one hand and that's counting SHC, are my standards low? More than likely but any discussion is better than none, isn't that what the rep system is for?
    To expand on that, I like spasm (as an example) for his posting (where is spaztic btw?), it was always witty and seemed to liven up a converation. FMAR always provided the counter. And to expand further, DF always took the side being beaten upon, fuck knows why but he's always (and imo still is) a p cool guy. Even if he does own an evo, heuheu.
    If anything FHC needs to stop recruiting good posters into mod status because it effectively kills them as contributors.
    it's hard to explain but FHC imo has deviated a little too much from its originaly SHC replacement idea (I could be completely wrong here btw) but the style there was interfere literally as little as possible. Even now when I see a Max Terranous post I reminisce but whatever.

questionable moderation?
    So this is obviously going to be a touchy subject so I'll keep this short. Several members contribute absolutely fucking nothing to a discussion, and have since...? Months? Yet they still remain unbanned. To this end I'll mention soffles because he was willing to clamp down and speak up. This isn't anything personal entrox but you do seem to have your favourite's or whatever you call it. It's not so much that you're not willing to ban them, I believe you will, it's just that some people seem to get more chances than others and that's p shit. To add to this, I do think if someone is so much a "bad" that they should have a rep to suit, which well, only one person suits that and to be fair, I don't even mind his posting anymore so whatever.
    I'm not going to pretend I'm flying this "hello im drealar i try to be funny xd please no ban" kind of guy because that's not me. I have my friends on fhc just like everyone else and we can have our banter and injokes, and even shitposts but I do care. It's really frustrating coming here sometimes and seeing the same old opinions from the same old people. I have nothing against these people mind, the only thing I will mention is the vast majority of contributors nowadays reside on irc (or at least, i even REMEMBER them from irc like a fucking year go). It's still cool seeing those people but when you don't see new faces with 1-50 posts, I mean...?

IMO fhc has kinda lost its spark, it's stopped (IMO) being that forum that i used to refresh every 5 minutes to see the 50 new posts everywhere. Credit where it's due, the one that sticks out is FMAR and his cooking forum, and to be honest, the pony subforum too. Everyone has their niche and that's cool I guess....It's just...what happened?
    The obvious downsides of both are it fragments FHC from what it used to be, those who used to post in GD now post in x (insert whatever) and GD is losing opinions, maybe? I'm not sure. Now granted, there's a few threads I don't go to and just from memory it's because of the utterly awful content, to name one was the emo thread. Hey, people like it, i don't, newsflash, but that's not my point. What happened to the FHC pictures thread (i can't remember if it's still here), why the hard limit on religion and politics.
    You have mods, and from what i've seen you have pretty good mods. Unbiased, probably not but who is. Anything is better than nothing.

It's sad, I miss FHC where it was a mixing pot of everyones opinion and you just took it as what it was. I miss people like evil sulu (pls ;_; ) and other people who were willing and able to add a lot, but for some reason or another (pls ;_; ) aren't here today.

As an addendum, call me out where I'm wrong here because like I've said I often go away for months and don't notice the meta shift. Even now, I still don't know shit about the kugu meltdown, surely that should have impacted here?

Whatever, like I said, I'm gonna donate anyway because, even though I remember spamming the utter shit out of entrox the day SHC went down I still think FHC has a lot more to offer than what's currently on show.

In before le shitpost xd you aren't helping.
    i am jamiew0w, i am also Morgan Freeman

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    _1
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Alright so I'm gonna preface this by saying I've had a few beers and am going to have many more but like last time I'll refrain once I get drunk.
    I'm also going to say I've never been an actual content producer unless I'm actually drunk, take of that what you will.

The clock is counting down and for the new viewers, when my grammar and puncuation gets better I'm actually more drunk because I'm retarded and obsess like that.

Hold the phone. There's actually EVE Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    _1
    Can you at least read the op?

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Hold the phone. There's actually EVE Forums?
    Aea if you think I'm wrong on all counts above I'll instantly ask for a lock, you've been here long enough to notice I'm sure.

can you shut up? tia

happy bday, i believe

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    can you shut up? tia

happy bday, i believe
    No, and yes.
    I will crusade for this forums betterment!

Loads of people stopped posting and nobody else showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Ye but, why?

Just to (poorly) prove my point before you 2/3 of the early replies were scrapheapers. For what I know rakshashahedahdashs could have been too.

Quote Originally Posted by drealar View Post
    Ye but, why?

Just to (poorly) prove my point before you 2/3 of the early replies were scrapheapers. For what I know rakshashahedahdashs could have been too.
    Growing up/Real life/Not active enough. This plus scrapheap is what 8 years old or so?

EVE is not as common, a lot of unsubs or just skill updaters on the forums here. There are some folks who are regular, but a ton of us just like the international discussion for what we like: attractive looking folks, semi-intelligent discussions on current issues, and trying to armchair general our wars or conflicts from the safety of the keyboard.

I up your ante of beers with 5-6 shots and mixed liquor in 3 hours.
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Ye but, why?

Growing up/Real life/Not active enough. This plus scrapheap is what 8 years old or so?
    Good point but eve players were mostly not the, play eve during university.....and I'm probably wrong. I mean the average eve player has to be older than the average MMO player and with eves model of "always getting dat sp" I find it kind of hard to believe that a majority of those people have quit.

Why have they quit FHC? Were they ever here?

How the fuck do you have 15k posts? o.0

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    EVE is not as common, a lot of unsubs or just skill updaters on the forums here. There are some folks who are regular, but a ton of us just like the international discussion for what we like: attractive looking folks, semi-intelligent discussions on current issues, and trying to armchair general our wars or conflicts from the safety of the keyboard.
    I up your ante of beers with 5-6 shots and mixed liquor in 3 hours.
    nigga are you for real cos i can take pictures. unfortunately it's too late for me to get liquor though because i got rid of it a few nights ago.
    You do too though, make a good point. The argument is why isn't FHC drawing newer eve players for it's "no hold limits" eve discussion which arguably brought SHC and FHC and well, all of us together.

I up your ante of beers with 5-6 shots and mixed liquor in 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

Bored in class posting best. Take a look through the top 10 pages of highest posters lots of names missing, can't be asked to stalk year+ old posts to find out though.

you missed typing the "fyp" there

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"

I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Bored in class posting best. Take a look through the top 10 pages of highest posters lots of names missing, can't be asked to stalk year+ old posts to find out though.
    :P
    I do that sometimes with earliest registrars, I'm 7th i think.

Ye, i got overly excited with your challenge, it's fixed now.
    edit, im insanely jealous that you have a choice, im stuck with what i bought 7-8 hours ago. Whatever, probably for my best.

WHERE IS MY BLUE I JUST BOUGHT 12 MONTHS.

:P
    I do that sometimes with earliest registrars, I'm 7th i think.

Ye, i got overly excited with your challenge, it's fixed now.
    edit, im insanely jealous that you have a choice, im stuck with what i bought 7-8 hours ago. Whatever, probably for my best.
    Thing is with top posts you'd expect people not here anymore to slowly drop back but they really haven't at all.

I almost downloaded eve again last week. Fortunately, I could stop myself.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

How the fuck do you have 15k posts? o.0
    They don't do much in their free time aside from make posts that don't always have much content or thought put into them.

Also, subforums