hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking/Freezing in bulk AKA MG'S FUCKING GOOD EATS

Cooking/Freezing in bulk AKA MG'S FUCKING GOOD EATS

So I don't really eat amazingly well, and most of the problem is I don't really have time to cook proper meals in the day. I wake up early, get ready, go to work or uni, straight from work to training, and then I get back at 11 at night most nights. I have Saturdays off and most sunday afternoons so I can cook then, but every other day I don't have time.

So, anyone got any recipes I can cook that'll provide me with breakfast, lunch or dinner that I can cook en masse and freeze, then simply defrost and eat, without it being terrible and still nutritionally good? Portion sizes included would be good, AFAIK I need about 2600 calories per day on average if that helps.

Mendolorian Girl's BIG FUCKING LASAGNE - link for rep
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Mendolorian Girl View Post
    my personal "goto" recipe for bulk cooking is lasagne, obviously you can adapt for spagbol.

Required:

BIG stock pot, hob, chopping implements

Suggested:

Disposable aluminium trays (like this) preferably slightly larger than your pasta sheets, saves loadsa hassle.
    1 large ovenproof dish (like this)

Recipe:

3 Onions (diced)
    1KG Minced Beef
    3 large carrots (diced)
    4 tins diced tomatoes (optionally add a small tin of condensed tomato)
    bulb garlic (sliced)
    dried or fresh (fresh can be frozen btw) pasta sheets
    small block cheddar cheese (for grating on top)
    2 jars white cheese sauce (specifically for lasagne), optionally make your own but :effort:

Put plenty of olive oil in stock pot and lightly fry onions until soft, add garlic and carrots and fry for minute or so, add mince and cook until mince is nicely browned. Add tomatoes and simmer for many hours. Honestly, the longer you cook it, the better it is. I'd suggest 2 hours, but an hour will do. Leave to cool once done.

Once sauce is awesomesauce layer the sauce with pasta sheets in your big dish, add cheese sauce and shit laods of grated cheese on top (I personally also add cheese sauce to each layer of pasta sheets, which is weird, but awesome). This should use 1/3-1/2 of your sauce. Put the big dish in the fridge or cook immediately (until the cheese is golden brown and awesomesauce is bubbling out the top all over your nice clean oven).

Now do the same with your disposable containers and chuck them in the freezer (label them ffs).

You now have a freeze full of GOD DAMN FUCKING AWESOMENESS. Simply pull out lasagne, take off lid and chuck in oven. Cook the BIG FUCKING LASAGNE when you want to eat, and put the rest in the fridge, it'll keep for a few days. Alternatively you can divide up into tupperware and put in freezer also, this gives you some to take to work where you likely will have to use a microwave (shudder).

You're fucking welcome.

//edit - for the inevitable hippy cunts, you don't have to dispose of your disposable aluminium trays, stick em in the dish washer

Mendolorian Girl's EASY MUTHAFUCKIN' FISH PIE - link for rep

Spoiler:

INGREDIENTS FOR EASY MUTHAFUCKIN' FISH PIE

Potatoes
    Fish pie mix (Salmon, Haddock, Smoked Haddock) obviously replace with MOTHER FUCKING FISH if desired/cheaper
    2 x Quark/75% less fat light soft cheese <-- secret mother fuckin' ingredient replacing creme fraiche
    Cheddar Cheese (moar gratin' yo)
    Handful Spring Onions finely sliced
    Big handful of Chives finely sliced
    Lotsa Frozen Peas
    Lotsa Frozen Sweetcorn (mutha fuckin' sweetcorn... awwww yiss)
    Dijon Mustard
    Frozen Seafood Mix (Prawns, Squid, Mussels n shit)

Boil the fucking potatoes. Make fucking mash (quite dry, otherwise it's gonna sink into the fish n sauce).

Gently melt the Quark/Soft Cheese in a pan, add mustard, spring onions, chives, peas, sweetcord, fish & seafood to the pan. Remove from heat immediately. You are now done (srsly, it's now just putting shit in bowls n that). You're not cooking the fish at this point (it'll fall apart).

Same situation as the lasagne above. Divvy up seafood/sauce into 1 large pie dish and lots of individual small ones. Add layer of mash potato to each and top with GRATED MOTHER FUCKIN' CHEESE. Cook big pie, put other pies in freezer.

Fish Pie is done when cheese is golden brown, but check that the sauce is hot by sticking a skewer through the mash, leaving it for like 10s and then jabbing it in your eye. If it burns your eye then it's cooked (sorry 'bout your eye dude).

Btw, calories for this are fucking retard level low. MyFitnessPal reports at 349 calories for a fucking huge portion.

Don't ask my why, and you can slate me to fuck, but you really need to have Ketchup with this.. so fucking nom.

Ok gief rep plox.

//edit - may have to write a cookbook "Mendo's MOTHER FUCKING FOOD"

Mendolorian Girl's FUCKING SCORCHIO FAJITAS "SALAD" - link for rep

Spoiler:
    PREVIOUSLY ON MENDO'S GOOD EATS

Last week on Mendo's good eats featured FUCKING AWESOME Lasagne and GOD DAMN AMAZING Fish pie.

THIS WEEK ON MENDO'S GOOD EATS

FUCKING SCORCHIO FAJITAS "SALAD" (srsly, salad), featuring hipster GLUTIN FREEness

Ingredients

Filleted Chicken Thighs (fillet them yourself if you can't find them, DON'T BUY CHICKEN BREAST IT'S SHIT AND EXPENSIVE)
    Red Onions
    Red and Yellow/Orange Peppers
    Optional small can of chopped tomatoes
    Little Gem Lettuces (they're tiny, real crispy and when you peel the leaves off, they're like little spoons.. this is relevant)
    Tzatziki Dip (if you don't know what this is, seriously you're a fucking disgrace)

Fajita mix (if you don't have these spices then don't buy from supermarket - see earlier comment about shit and expensive - go to a indian supermarket and buy a BIG FUCKING BAG OF EACH for the same price as supermarket crap):

10 tablespoon cornstarch
    20 teaspoons chilli powder (adjust to taste)
    10 teaspoon salt
    10 teaspoon paprika
    10 teaspoon white sugar
    5 teaspoon onion powder
    5 teaspoon garlic powder
    2.5 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    5 teaspoon ground cumin

Buy yourself a large pot, I use a Kilner jar cos I'm rich, if you're a poorfag then get a similar shaped tupperware container. Get a permanent marker and write the recipe on the side. This reminds you want to add each time you get low, and you can rub out the quantities and adjust to taste. (pro fucking cooking hacks right here).

Chop the chicken thighs, rub in fajita spices. Often easier to mix spices with olive oil first. If you want to be pro-as fuck, do this 24 hours in advance and leave in the fridge to become FUCKING AWESOMEBALLS.

Slice onions and peppers. Heat a work until it's about to melt. Get some kitchen paper. Tear off some pieces and stuff them up your nose. Get a long piece and wrap it around your face like you're japanese in a big city. Throw the meat, onions and peppers in the pan and cook the shit out of them. Important: let it all scorch to fuck, the chicken in particular should have burnt bits on it. If you didn't do the kitchen paper step and you're not choking to fuck and sneezing your face off, then you didn't put hot enough Chilli powder in.

If you want a wetter sauce, add the tomatoes now and reduce down a bit (not too much, it'll reduce further as it cools).

Serve in a big bowl. Tear the leaves off the lettuces and serve in a separate bowl.

To eat, spoon a large spoonful of chicken(etc.) into a piece of lettuce (use the lettuce like a spoon) and top with a dollop of Tzatziki. Smush that shit into your mouth and taste the FUCKING AWESOMENESS. Now apply large gulp of beer to (supposedly) quench your burning gullet.

Unfortunately not really freezable (you can freeze the marinaded chicken pieces), but fuck it, this thread is now just MENDO'S FUCKING GOOD EATS.

You can also use this recipe for actual fajitas by adding sandwich wraps (get the big fucking ones, you're not a girl ffs), slicing the lettuce up a bit and grated cheddar. Optionally swap the Tzatziki for Sour Cream (but you're a faggot if you do).

Straight Hustlin's Easy Eats "Peasant Pasta" - link for rep

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Peasant Pasta: 1lb Ditalini pasta or something similar, like small elbow or shell pasta. A bag of frozen peas, half an onion diced, 1 egg beaten. Strain the pasta, return it to the hot pot (but don't but on the burner, residual heat from the pot is all you need) Add the peas, diced onions, egg & mix it up for a minute or two to cook the egg. Add salt, pepper, and cheese to flavor. Personally prefer pecorino romano, but parmesan is fine too.

Straight Hustlin's Easy Eats "Thai Ramen" - link for rep

Spoiler:

Thai Ramen: 2 packs ramen (not the cups), preferably chicken. Strain after boiling, Use 1 flavor packet, stir. Add like a spoonful of peanut butter (not chunky!) and then throw in some Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. This is the stuff I have in the fridge
      Spoiler:
    . Mix & enjoy

Straight Hustlin's Easy Eats "Tuna Noodle Salad" - link for rep

Spoiler:

Tuna Noodle Salad: 1lb pasta, the ones listed above are my preferred but it doesn't really matter. 2 cans tuna(or salmon for a nice twist) Diced Onion & Celery. Also nice to add are Whole kernel sweet corn or chick peas if you like those. Copious amounts of Mayo. Pretty straight forward, boil & strain the pasta, put it in a big bowl, mix everything in. Ideally give it some time to chill in the fridge.

Morax Marbas's Chicken in Leek sauce - link for rep

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Morax Marbas View Post
    ~~Chicken in Leek sauce~~

Gives 6 small dishes. More like 3 if hungry.

Ingredients:

600g Chicken breast filet
    6 Slices of breakfast bacon
    1 Tbsp. Oil
    2 Scallions
    1 Clove of garlic
    1 Big leek
    2 Branches of thyme
    100ml White whine
    200ml Vegetable or Chicken-Broth
    50ml Creme Frache
    1 Tbsp. Flour
    Salt, Pepper

How do I maek food?

- Wrap each chicken breast in one slice of bacon.
    - Roast gently with little oil in a pan.
    - Place the chicken in the crock pot.
    - Stew vegetables in the pan.
    - Add wine and broth.
    - Spice with thyme, salt and pepper.
    - Set the slow cooker to "low" and come back in seven hours.
    - Take the chicken out of the sauce.
    - Whisk creme frache and flour with the Sauce.
    - Ad chicken and heat again for 15 Minutes.
    - Done.

I like it best with croquettes. But it also goes with potatoes or rice.

Hope this makes sense, never actually translated a recipe

Steph's "~~A Chilli~~" - link for rep

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    ~~A chili~~

1-1/2 tbsp bacon fat, butter, margarine or w/e
    2 large onions, coarsely chopped
    4 carrots, grated

2kg ground beef, extra lean
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    7 tbsp chili powder
    1/2 tbsp cumin
    1/2 tps oregano

340ml(2 cups) tomato sauce
    1 cup beer (or water)
    2 tbsp worchestershire sauce
    1 tbsp salt
    1/2 cup corn flour
    parsley (unspecified small amount)

Melt fat/butter/whatever in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add onions and carrots, cook until onions are transparent and carrots are soft. Combine beef with garlic, chili powder, cumin and oregano. Add to pot and cook until brown, breaking up any lumps with a fork.

Transfer to slow cooker and add tomato sauce, beer, salt and parsley. Cook on low for at least 6 hours, then stir in corn flour and cook for 1 more hour.

At this point it's done and ready to eat, but this recipe actually tastes better reheated than when initially prepared. So if you're not in a hurry, transfer it to a suitable container and throw it in the fridge or freezer, then reheat later with your method of choice. Either way; serve with garlic bread (for dipping) and grated cheddar cheese (for garnish).

Also works as taco filling. Makes, well, 2kg of chili. It's enough that my father typically made it in half batches for our family of four, so I guess a full batch is somewhere between 8-12 servings depending on how much you like beef.

SycIh's "Bourignon beef" - link for rep

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by SycIh View Post
    And for some added content:

Bourignon beef (or whatever it's called in english):

Mesurement are optional (like in all my dish), but I'll try to give a go at it.
    1.5pound to 2pound of cubed beef
    Sliced Mushroom (a ton they shrink in the juice)
    Big chunks of Carrot (usually 4 to 6)
    Big chunk of Celery (I love celery so about tenish)
    2 or 3 sliced medium to big onions
    Beef stock (try to have it not to watery if you're making it in the slowcooker)
    Parsley
    1 or 2 bay leaves
    3 to 5 small portion of smashed garlic
    salt/pepper
    a bit of oil so nothing stick
    Instant Rice (or noodle or flour)
    2 or 3 slice of maple bacon (secret ingredient don't tell anyone) and/or 3 or 4 italian sausage unwrapped.

-Cook the bacon in a pan. Cut into about 1 square inche (3 to 4 cm) strip
    -Split the fat into smaller portion to roast the cubed beef in.
    -Roast the beef quickly on all side.
    -During that time cut everything. Dump everything except the instant rice, in the slowcooker.
    -Cook at low for about 10 hours.
    -Add the instant rice/noodle/flour continue cooking for about an hour.

Can be prepared a night early, left in the fridge(make sure to split vegetable and meat), start it the morning before heading to work if you trust your slowcooker.

SycIh's Chilli - link for rep

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by SycIh View Post
    I know chili as already been mentionned, but here is mine.

Before I start I need to mention that I have a HUGE pot to make my chili/spagetti sauce

Spoiler:

I don'T have how many liter goes in (not at home) but it's a big soup pot.

Ingredient (I'll leave the mesurement out, because they depend on how I feel/Who it's for):
    Meat: (pick and choose. These have been tested and I'm willing to back them up )
    - ground beef
    - Italian Sausage
    - Bacon (Because BACON!!!!)
    - Sliced pork chop (I take some pork chopped and make some smaller cube out of them)
    - Full racks of ribs (again because why not...)
    - I've tried some the upper part of a chicken leg... but it wasn't really a good mix, might need to re-adjust and retry.

- Bell pepper (the more colorfull the better)
    - Onion / green onion
    - Other pepper if you like them
    - Carrot
    - Celery
    - Chili spice ( I used this one :S http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chili-seasoning-mix-ii/

Canned stuff:
    - Canned Bean (I don't like to much of it and I like them soft/not crunchy)
    - 2 can of tomato paste
    - You can use tomato sauce/crushed tomato/whole tomato in can to fill the liquid to a bit under the layer of meat/veggy.

Cut veggies, you can brown them first but I'm way too lazy.... I just dump the first 2 part in the pot. Let cook for a while, then add the canned stuff.
    Let simer for like 4 hours on a low heat.
    I prefer my chily really chunky/meaty (who use spoon to eat chily!) so I often add rice to get rid of the liquid at the end.

Serve with tons of cheese on top and maybe a spoonfull of sour cream if it's to hot for your taste (mine is really low as you can see by the lack of spicy stuff/spices).

I love to cook the bean till they are soft, so even if you freeze the chilly it stays the same texture.

You can serve as a meal or as my texan friends do it, as a side to any meat.

Edit: If you need more fake-frenchy cold weather cuisine, I could continue all night, so ask away.
    Last edited by NoirAvlaa; September 5 2014 at 01:21:44 PM.

Smuggo
    I can't be arsed to post specific recipes but stuff like vegetable/lentil soups and curries are very good for freezing and can easily be made in huge batches. I do this often since I decided I needed to improve my diet but was struggling to find time and motivation to cook properly every night. I find stuff with meat doesn't freeze all that well and tend to avoid it.

I'll be watching this thread with interest. Pls deliver chefs of fhc
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Ask me about midgets Donor Mendolorian Girl's Avatar
    my personal "goto" recipe for bulk cooking is lasagne, obviously you can adapt for spagbol.

Required:

BIG stock pot, hob, chopping implements

Suggested:

Disposable aluminium trays (like this) preferably slightly larger than your pasta sheets, saves loadsa hassle.
    1 large ovenproof dish (like this)

Recipe:

3 Onions (diced)
    1KG Minced Beef
    3 large carrots (diced)
    4 tins diced tomatoes (optionally add a small tin of condensed tomato)
    bulb garlic (sliced)
    dried or fresh (fresh can be frozen btw) pasta sheets
    small block cheddar cheese (for grating on top)
    2 jars white cheese sauce (specifically for lasagne), optionally make your own but :effort:

Put plenty of olive oil in stock pot and lightly fry onions until soft, add garlic and carrots and fry for minute or so, add mince and cook until mince is nicely browned. Add tomatoes and simmer for many hours. Honestly, the longer you cook it, the better it is. I'd suggest 2 hours, but an hour will do. Leave to cool once done.

Once sauce is awesomesauce layer the sauce with pasta sheets in your big dish, add cheese sauce and shit laods of grated cheese on top (I personally also add cheese sauce to each layer of pasta sheets, which is weird, but awesome). This should use 1/3-1/2 of your sauce. Put the big dish in the fridge or cook immediately (until the cheese is golden brown and awesomesauce is bubbling out the top all over your nice clean oven).

Now do the same with your disposable containers and chuck them in the freezer (label them ffs).

You now have a freeze full of GOD DAMN FUCKING AWESOMENESS. Simply pull out lasagne, take off lid and chuck in oven. Cook the BIG FUCKING LASAGNE when you want to eat, and put the rest in the fridge, it'll keep for a few days. Alternatively you can divide up into tupperware and put in freezer also, this gives you some to take to work where you likely will have to use a microwave (shudder).

You're fucking welcome.

//edit - for the inevitable hippy cunts, you don't have to dispose of your disposable aluminium trays, stick em in the dish washer
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Just goes to show how lowbrow the tastes of the British public are.

MG is awesome, +repped.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    So I don't really eat amazingly well, and most of the problem is I don't really have time to cook proper meals in the day. I wake up early, get ready, go to work or uni, straight from work to training, and then I get back at 11 at night most nights. I have Saturdays off and most sunday afternoons so I can cook then, but every other day I don't have time.

So, anyone got any recipes I can cook that'll provide me with breakfast, lunch or dinner that I can cook en masse and freeze, then simply defrost and eat, without it being terrible and still nutritionally good? Portion sizes included would be good, AFAIK I need about 2600 calories per day on average if that helps.
    Usually if you really want to start cooking for yourself you need to understand a few things:
    - eating well doesn't always mean you need to do everything, from raising and killing the chicken to taking the tray out of the oven. There are some ready meals which are fine as they are - mostly soups, for example - generally if they're only good for a few days (between production date and expiry date) they're as natural as you'd get;
    - there is always the option of visiting Sainsbury's and getting some cooked chickens of awesomeness and/or gammon - they're p. fresh and nice and don't last long - which, again, means they're natural;
    - if you cook it, then freeze it, then defrost and warm it, you can kiss goodbye a lot of nutritious value of the product. There is an exception here and it's generally from pigs and will get you fat - smoked <insert pork product here>.

Now that we got that out of the way, I find the lasagna thing p. awesome, in terms that you have a product that's prepped, but uncooked, in the freezer. Chuck it in the oven and wait, eat & profit. Then again, it's lasagna, which, whilst good, it's still not really healthy for you. As a side-note, lol@curry being healthy. Ok, back to the issue at hand.

What I've done lately to alleviate my bowel problems (on duty a lot of hours, mostly sandwich diets) is buy soups from Sainsbury's. The ones that have like a couple days between production and expiry date. Nuke it in the microwave, awesome hot soup. Good for you, your bowels and general well being when coming inside from the current british weather. I like the tomato ones and the carrot & <insert other things on the label> ones aren't bad at all.

For second course, my gf started going all organic on me lately. What I have to say is that holee smokes that shit tastes a lot better than the normal stuff. Random example #1 - burgers; random example #2 - lamb chops; random example #3 - fucking bacon.

The thing is, if you can do MG's lasagna thing, you should. But that also means you can do the following (my solution). Get organic meat that's freezable - I found lamb and beef delicious - chops, respectively steaks. You can indulge in burgers as well if you like, because why not. If you have a George Foreman grill then use it, if not, you should get one because it is absolutely epic. Get your favourite sides, again organic and freezable, be it veggies or fries or whatever. Those you can make in the oven. Veggies can be nuked in the mw.

Tl;dr:
    things needed:
    - grill;
    - oven;
    - microwave.

Workflow - take fries out of the freezer, chuck them in the oven tray, set to 30 minutes or whatevs. Pull meat out of freezer, defrost nuke it. For added awesome points, move the meat you'll eat the next day from the freezer to the normal part of the fridge, it'll thaw overnight and during the next day and it'll be ready to be grilled when you get home. Grill the damn meat. Veggies can also be nuked but should be left for last, after the meat is almost done. Time taken: 35 mins at most for a fresh home cooked meal.

The George Foreman grill doesn't use oil and can be cleaned extremely easy, especially if the meat doesn't have a lot of fat. It also doesn't throw shit all over your walls. Also I hope nobody starts with "using microwave ovens = cancer" because I can't do that now (argue ).

I'll also go for the lasagna soon, that recipe made my mouth water. Darn.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    As a side-note, lol@curry being healthy.
    I'm not talking the kind of curry dripping in oil and cream you'd get from your local takeaway.

There's no reason for a curry to be unhealthy at all and most proper traditional curry recipes primarily consist of tomatoes, lentils, beans, onions, chickpeas etc... which are all very good for you. Serve with some wholegrain rice and you're good. I pretty much only ate home made curries a couple of years ago and lost 2.5st in the process.

Sometimes, I dice up two kilograms of chicken and freeze it. then when I need to, nuke it, get a can of soup and some frozen vegetables and make Chicken ala Campbells.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

As a side-note, lol@curry being healthy.
    I'm not talking the kind of curry dripping in oil and cream you'd get from your local takeaway.

There's no reason for a curry to be unhealthy at all and most proper traditional curry recipes primarily consist of tomatoes, lentils, beans, onions, chickpeas etc... which are all very good for you. Serve with some wholegrain rice and you're good. I pretty much only ate home made curries a couple of years ago and lost 2.5st in the process.
    Oh, all right, I went a bit over the top there, you are right if that's the case, fact is I've yet to taste a decent curry in the 4 years I've been here that wasn't a) oily b) waaaay to spicy (if it's too spicy, it isn't really healthy). I presume it goes as with other foods, if it's home cooked properly with well-resourced ingredients it has the chance to be healthy and tasty at the same time.

I'd really like some of those proper curry recipes, sometimes I like to rekindle my cooking passion I had to dump a few years ago for lack of time. I still cook sometimes, but it's mostly stuff that can be finished fast, I seemed to have lost the patience to properly indulge in playing chef.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Was once poor student in Nippon, rice with a rice cooker is your friend. Set the time and add an egg+chicken and spicy stuff.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Smuggo
    I've made Fish Keralan a few times recently which is very tasty and healthy so long as you don't go overboard on coconut milk. Just get any old white fish, salt it and add some turmeric and coat it in that. Then fry onions, once soft add ginger, turmeric, coriander and chillis, cook for a few mins, then add in some fish stock with tamarind, top up with coconut milk and warm through, then add the fish until it's cooked. It's quite tangy and mildly spicy, very nice and actually freezes rather well.

Then again, it's lasagna, which, whilst good, it's still not really healthy for you.
    howso? sure it's not a plate half full of veg with 1/4 protein and 1/4 carbs. But providing you go for extra-lean mince and don't go full retard on the cheese sauce I'd be surprised if it's more than 1k calories for a very decent sized (aka MENDO SIZE) portion, which is ofc perfectly acceptable for a main meal.

If you want to be really anal about it you could replace the cheese sauce with something Quorn/v.lowfatcheesespread based and swap out the pasta for strips of courgette or similar (IT'S NOT FUCKING ZUCCHINI YOU ILLITERATE CUNTS). That will almost certainly bring the calories down by at least 20% (I'd wager 30%).

Might work up exactly what the calories are later.

I have a fish pie recipe that you can treat very much the same as the lasagne (fill the freezer with it). I'll share for rep
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Relax, I meant the combination of carbs with the cheese sauce might be a bit too much I love lasagna and it's "can be all right" in my healthy classification of meals - it isn't fast food, after all - and yes, the replacements can make it even very callory-efficient from a taste pov.

Do share them recipes, I'm collecting (recipes) and spreading (reps)

Is there anything in particular that you like to eat; or better yet anything that you refuse to eat?

I eat literally everything, and can enjoy everything. Will rep when I get home for that fish pie recipe.

Stahpatalk

I eat pasta fairly often, being Italian American and what not, so generally what I do is make a fuck ton of extra sauce and freeze it. Then you can just nuke the sauce while boiling your noodles the next time.

Hustlin's Easy Eats:

Thai Ramen: 2 packs ramen (not the cups), preferably chicken. Strain after boiling, Use 1 flavor packet, stir. Add like a spoonful of peanut butter (not chunky!) and then throw in some Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. This is the stuff I have in the fridge
      Spoiler:
    . Mix & enjoy

Peasant Pasta: 1lb Ditalini pasta or something similar, like small elbow or shell pasta. A bag of frozen peas, half an onion diced, 1 egg beaten. Strain the pasta, return it to the hot pot (but don't but on the burner, residual heat from the pot is all you need) Add the peas, diced onions, egg & mix it up for a minute or two to cook the egg. Add salt, pepper, and cheese to flavor. Personally prefer pecorino romano, but parmesan is fine too.

Tuna Noodle Salad: 1lb pasta, the ones listed above are my preferred but it doesn't really matter. 2 cans tuna(or salmon for a nice twist) Diced Onion & Celery. Also nice to add are Whole kernel sweet corn or chick peas if you like those. Copious amounts of Mayo. Pretty straight forward, boil & strain the pasta, put it in a big bowl, mix everything in. Ideally give it some time to chill in the fridge.

Apricot Chicken. Simpler to just link the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...en-recipe.html I swear this dish has gotten me laid.

Those are my favorite go to "IM HUNGRY AND THERES NOTHING TO EAT" things to make.

Other than that there are a ton of simple things you can make. Got chopped beef? Burritos/Quesadillas. Got a George Foreman grill type thing? Salmon burgers are damn good with some dill sauce.

INGREDIENTS FOR EASY MUTHAFUCKIN' FISH PIE

Potatoes
    Fish pie mix (Salmon, Haddock, Smoked Haddock) obviously replace with MOTHER FUCKING FISH if desired/cheaper
    2 x Quark/75% less fat light soft cheese <-- secret mother fuckin' ingredient replacing creme fraiche
    Cheddar Cheese (moar gratin' yo)
    Handful Spring Onions finely sliced
    Big handful of Chives finely sliced
    Lotsa Frozen Peas
    Lotsa Frozen Sweetcorn (mutha fuckin' sweetcorn... awwww yiss)
    Dijon Mustard
    Frozen Seafood Mix (Prawns, Squid, Mussels n shit)

Boil the fucking potatoes. Make fucking mash (quite dry, otherwise it's gonna sink into the fish n sauce).

Gently melt the Quark/Soft Cheese in a pan, add mustard, spring onions, chives, peas, sweetcord, fish & seafood to the pan. Remove from heat immediately. You are now done (srsly, it's now just putting shit in bowls n that). You're not cooking the fish at this point (it'll fall apart).

Same situation as the lasagne above. Divvy up seafood/sauce into 1 large pie dish and lots of individual small ones. Add layer of mash potato to each and top with GRATED MOTHER FUCKIN' CHEESE. Cook big pie, put other pies in freezer.

Fish Pie is done when cheese is golden brown, but check that the sauce is hot by sticking a skewer through the mash, leaving it for like 10s and then jabbing it in your eye. If it burns your eye then it's cooked (sorry 'bout your eye dude).

Btw, calories for this are fucking retard level low. MyFitnessPal reports at 349 calories for a fucking huge portion.

Don't ask my why, and you can slate me to fuck, but you really need to have Ketchup with this.. so fucking nom.

Ok gief rep plox.

//edit - may have to write a cookbook "Mendo's MOTHER FUCKING FOOD"
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

What's the high calorie version? We aren't all basement bound fatties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    What's the high calorie version? We aren't all basement bound fatties.
    it's fish pie, so tbh the calories are minimal either way. Swap the cheese spread for creme fraiche or milk/flour and butter. Add some grated cheese to the sauce and loads of butter/cream in the mash.

Honestly though, it's delicious as is, and loads easier/quicker than fucking around making a sauce.
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun

Smuggo
    Looks good to me, will give it a go at the weekend.

just did some rough maths on the Lasagne, ~750 calories for a hefty portion
    irony1
    ˈīrənē/

noun