hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 566 of 591 FirstFirst ... 66466516556563564565566567568569576 ... LastLast
Results 11,301 to 11,320 of 11816

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Note that Switzerland refuses to join the EU, lets not pretend that unfettered immigration that comes with the EU isn't one reason why.
    They are part of the Common Market with full workforce mobility with every other member nation of the Common Market. Biggest group of immigrants are Germans though.
    But saying they aren't joining due to immigration is hilarious.

Before anyone asks: they also pay a lot for the privilege.

Tapapapatalk
    Alistair's a dumb fuck, non shocker (Alistair, bringing up Switzerland's WWII history while ignoring your own fucking country's history is a joke). Switzerland has the highest percentage of foreigners of any country in Europe, around 24%. There are fuckloads of immigrants and refugees from places like Sri Lanka. Switzerland is a part of the Schengen, i.e. which means you can live and work here if you're part of the EU. The Swiss don't want that, unsurprisingly ("Furrinners goan steal mah shit"), but that's part of being part of the EU common market, and if the rural fucksticks here, in common with rural fucksticks everywhere, weren't as fucking dumb as they are, they'd actually see that they get far more from the deal than they pay. Man, this country is fucking rich. Not me, I'm a poor fag who lives in what can readily be considered poverty for this country, but considering my 22 year history of severe mental illness, I'm really not doing badly at all. I fucking shudder to think what would have happened to me in the good old US of fucking A.

But he's right at least in that you can't compare Switzerland to the US. But, we can compare ourselves to places like Holland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Ireland etc, and we do fairly ok. We could compare ourselves to places like Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Liberia, Ivory Coast etc and then we do really well.

Also, re diversity, Alistair, you fucking moron. This country has four official languages and just about everyone speaks some English. How many do you speak?
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

new us cops standard issue

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I think when Alistair thinks of diversity he thinks "people who smell like food I don't like"

Is Alistair an old, grumpy conservative who I mostly disagree with?

Yes.

Does he still make better points than 90% of edgy FHC posters?

Yes.

Makes you think.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Is Alistair an old, grumpy conservative who I mostly disagree with?

Yes.

Does he still make better points than 90% of edgy FHC posters?

Yes.

Makes you think.
    It makes me think what your criteria is for "good posting"

Definitely ain't yours buddy. Also there's a difference between having a point and making a post. Work on it.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Definitely ain't yours buddy. Also there's a difference between having a point and making a post. Work on it.
    Good thing I don't post for you then, isn't it?

Pretty rich you're here talking about butthurt to people.

He only makes good posts if your capacity for understanding shit is about as limited as his tbh.

BETTER POINTS

reading is hard, I know

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    Alistair's a dumb fuck, non shocker (Alistair, bringing up Switzerland's WWII history while ignoring your own fucking country's history is a joke).
    Funny, no one seems to be calling you out for whataboutism.

Guess thats a selective criticism here, eh?

Switzerland has the highest percentage of foreigners of any country in Europe, around 24%. There are fuckloads of immigrants and refugees from places like Sri Lanka. Switzerland is a part of the Schengen, i.e. which means you can live and work here if you're part of the EU. The Swiss don't want that, unsurprisingly ("Furrinners goan steal mah shit"), but that's part of being part of the EU common market, and if the rural fucksticks here, in common with rural fucksticks everywhere, weren't as fucking dumb as they are, they'd actually see that they get far more from the deal than they pay.
    Little angry and defensive, eh?

Lets look at that 24% shall we? The vast majority of those "foreigners" are your neighboring EU States, Italy, France and Germany. So generally, white and Christian.

When diversity is discussed in the United States, the term is not generally used to describe having 4 flavors of slightly different white christian European peoples.

You have, if Wikipedia and their sources can be trusted, something like 200k people from Africa and Asia. Out of your 8+ million. The rest are Euros, Brits, Meric'ans and Aussies.

There is no need to get angry Bomby, civility works far better than anger at making points.

Man, this country is fucking rich. Not me, I'm a poor fag who lives in what can readily be considered poverty for this country, but considering my 22 year history of severe mental illness, I'm really not doing badly at all. I fucking shudder to think what would have happened to me in the good old US of fucking A.
    An interesting question. I think you'd likely have done better than you might think. You may suffer from mental illness, but you're also intelligent (clearly) and functional (it seems), if a bit quick to anger.

But if you couldn't work, you'd likely do poorly here, yes. Hence....

But he's right at least in that you can't compare Switzerland to the US.
    That's not accurate at all, you can and should compare different nations, even of vastly different sizes (like Switzerland vs say, New York City). You just should factor in that a nation of 8 million may (or may not) be the same as a nation of 350 million in some ways.

And be assured, there are a number of things the Swiss do better than the U.S. does. Those things are very much worthy of dicussion, but in that discussion we should not ignore differences that may make it easier or harder to do it the "swiss way" in a larger or more diverse place.

But, we can compare ourselves to places like Holland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Ireland etc, and we do fairly ok. We could compare ourselves to places like Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Liberia, Ivory Coast etc and then we do really well.
    Who said Switzerland wasn't doing good? You seem a mighty sensitive mate. Relax, pretty much everyone thinks Switzerland is a great place.

Also, re diversity, Alistair, you fucking moron. This country has four official languages and just about everyone speaks some English. How many do you speak?
    Covered above re: diversity. As to what I speak, it's American English and just enough Spanish to get by here and there.
    Last edited by Alistair; January 10 2018 at 01:42:47 PM.
    The ignore user feature is the greatest single asset this forum offers. Use it well.

Lets look at that 24% shall we? The vast majority of those "foreigners" are your neighboring EU States, Italy, France and Germany. So generally, white and Christian.

When diversity is discussed in the United States, the term is not generally used to describe having 4 flavors of slightly different white christian European peoples.

You have, if Wikipedia and their sources can be trusted, something like 200k people from Africa and Asia. Out of your 8+ million. The rest are Euros, Brits, Meric'ans and Aussies.

There is no need to get angry Bomby, civility works far better than anger at making points.

Well lets go to Sweden then we have close to same amount of Guns as Switzerland (21/100 people, swizerland has 24,5 and USA has a staggering 101 WTF...)

Immigration
    Main article: Immigration to Sweden
    COB data Sweden.PNG

As of 2016, Statistics Sweden reported that around 2,320,000 or 23.2% of the inhabitants of Sweden were from a foreign background: that is, each such person either had been born abroad or had been born in Sweden to two parents who themselves had both been born abroad.[20] Also taking into account people with only one parent born abroad, this number increases to almost a third in 2016.[21]
    Demographics

According to Eurostat, in 2010, there were 1.33 million foreign-born residents in Sweden, corresponding to 14.3% of the total population. Of these, 859,000 (64.3%) were born outside the EU and 477,000 (35.7%) were born in another EU Member State.[22][23]

The twenty largest groups of foreign-born persons in the Swedish civil registry in 2016 were:[24]

Finland (153,620)
    Syria (149,418)
    Iraq (135,129)
    Poland (88,704)
    Iran (70,637)
    Former Yugoslavia (66,539)
    Somalia (63,853)
    Bosnia and Herzegovina (58,181)
    Germany (50,189)
    Turkey (47,060)
    Norway (42,066)
    Denmark (41,212)
    Thailand (39,877)
    Eritrea (35,142)
    Afghanistan (34,754)
    China (29,640)
    Chile (27,999)
    Romania (27,974)
    Lebanon (26,906)
    Great Britain (26,442)
    I thought we had more ex Yugoslavs then stated tbh.

Why are Bosnia and former Yugoslavia listed separately?

Also lol 23.2%

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Why are Bosnia and former Yugoslavia listed separately?

Also lol 23.2%
    I think we might have separated Bosnia from the rest of the Yugoslav places. At the time the ones in charge had no clue what was going on down there took a couple murders and fires before we stopped putting Serbs and Bosniaks in the same refugee apartments.

Also if you read on if you count the single households its more like 33% (1/3).

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Well lets go to Sweden then we have close to same amount of Guns as Switzerland (21/100 people, swizerland has 24,5 and USA has a staggering 101 WTF...)

Immigration
    COB data Sweden.PNG

As of 2016, Statistics Sweden reported that around 2,320,000 or 23.2% of the inhabitants of Sweden were from a foreign background: that is, each such person either had been born abroad or had been born in Sweden to two parents who themselves had both been born abroad.[20] Also taking into account people with only one parent born abroad, this number increases to almost a third in 2016.[21]
    Demographics

According to Eurostat, in 2010, there were 1.33 million foreign-born residents in Sweden, corresponding to 14.3% of the total population. Of these, 859,000 (64.3%) were born outside the EU and 477,000 (35.7%) were born in another EU Member State.[22][23]

The twenty largest groups of foreign-born persons in the Swedish civil registry in 2016 were:[24]

Finland (153,620)
    Syria (149,418)
    Iraq (135,129)
    Poland (88,704)
    Iran (70,637)
    Somalia (63,853)
    Germany (50,189)
    Turkey (47,060)
    Norway (42,066)
    Denmark (41,212)
    Thailand (39,877)
    Eritrea (35,142)
    Afghanistan (34,754)
    China (29,640)
    Chile (27,999)
    Romania (27,974)
    Lebanon (26,906)
    Great Britain (26,442)
    Obligatory

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Immigration
    COB data Sweden.PNG

Demographics

Finland (153,620)
    Syria (149,418)
    Iraq (135,129)
    Poland (88,704)
    Iran (70,637)
    Somalia (63,853)
    Germany (50,189)
    Turkey (47,060)
    Norway (42,066)
    Denmark (41,212)
    Thailand (39,877)
    Eritrea (35,142)
    Afghanistan (34,754)
    China (29,640)
    Chile (27,999)
    Romania (27,974)
    Lebanon (26,906)
    Great Britain (26,442)
    Obligatory

Well that particular claim have never happened so please try again.

No. But it doesnt remove the fact that we have had and are having unprecedented usage of grenades among criminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    No. But it doesnt remove the fact that we have had and are having unprecedented usage of grenades among criminals.
    Native criminals?

Ross Kemp's video on gun and race violence in Texas. Paging Aea

https://www.onitube.com/video/46610/...d-s06e01-texas
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; January 10 2018 at 08:39:40 PM.

Portland's top brass said it was OK to swipe your garbage--so we grabbed theirs.

Perched in his office on the 15th floor of the Justice Center, Chief Kroeker seemed perfectly comfortable with the idea of trash as public property.

"Things inside your house are to be guarded," he told WW. "Those that are in the trash are open for trash men and pickers and--and police. And so it's not a matter of privacy anymore."

Then we spread some highlights from our haul on the table in front of him.

"This is very cheap," he blurted out, frowning as we pointed out a receipt with his credit-card number, a summary of his wife's investments, an email prepping the mayor about his job application to be police chief of Los Angeles, a well-chewed cigar stub, and a handwritten note scribbled in pencil on a napkin, so personal it made us cringe. We also drew his attention to a newsletter from the conservative political advocacy group Focus on the Family, addressed to "Mr. & Mrs. Mark Kroeker."

"Are you a member of Focus on the Family?" we asked.

"No," the chief replied.

"Is your wife?"

"You know," he said, with a Clint Eastwood gaze, "it's none of your business."

As we explained our thinking, the chief, who is usually polite to a fault, cut us off in mid sentence. "OK," he said, suddenly standing up, "we're done."