hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 564 of 591 FirstFirst ... 64464514554561562563564565566567574 ... LastLast
Results 11,261 to 11,280 of 11816

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    He's 14 going on 88
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Keckers again.

Could someone get that for me. Also the rep message I had in mind was "It's a cheap shot, but it's all he's worth" so if you could put that in, it would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    He's 14 going on 88
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Keckers again.

Could someone get that for me. Also the rep message I had in mind was "It's a cheap shot, but it's all he's worth" so if you could put that in, it would be much appreciated.
    gyb
    meh

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    The gross domestic product per capita of switzerland is $84,733, for the US it's $57,466. The gini coeffecient (measure of the difference between the poorest and richest) of switzerland is 29.5, for the US it's 41.1.

So just by looking at these numbers we can assume that the average Swiss citizen is richer than the average US citizen, and that the poorest Swiss people are richer than the poorest US people.

So we could reasonably assume from this that poverty creates crime, and since the US is really, really, really, really bad at alleviating poverty, you have really high gun violence. So what else can you do to reduce gun violence? You could have stricter gun control, that wouldn't cost much and would reduce the amount of deaths you have to deal with a year.

also

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21379912

Just to point out the utter idiocy of comparing European gun ownership rates with US gun crime.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    The gross domestic product per capita of switzerland is $84,733, for the US it's $57,466. The gini coeffecient (measure of the difference between the poorest and richest) of switzerland is 29.5, for the US it's 41.1.

So just by looking at these numbers we can assume that the average Swiss citizen is richer than the average US citizen, and that the poorest Swiss people are richer than the poorest US people.

So we could reasonably assume from this that poverty creates crime, and since the US is really, really, really, really bad at alleviating poverty, you have really high gun violence. So what else can you do to reduce gun violence? You could have stricter gun control, that wouldn't cost much and would reduce the amount of deaths you have to deal with a year.

also

Just to point out the utter idiocy of comparing European gun ownership rates with US gun crime.
    You forgot to do cost of living, you NEED to do cost of living for those statements.

Just here reminding you how to think critically, you could be right you could be wrong but you probably couldn't figure out how to show it properly yourself. Try again, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

also

You forgot to do cost of living, you NEED to do cost of living for those statements.

Just here reminding you how to think critically, you could be right you could be wrong but you probably couldn't figure out how to show it properly yourself. Try again, good luck!
    While not wrong tone down the smug cunt factor a bit as otherwise his point is mostly ok, if extremely oversimplified. I mean, it's about as much effort as pretty anyone can be expected at best to put into posting here. The gini tends to be pretty fucking damning though as far as peaceful and smooth working society goes. Well, if you don't subscribe to some lunatic political stance I suppose.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; January 8 2018 at 09:06:51 AM.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Also it's the first post xenus ever put any effort into, so a few mistakes are to be expected

also

you're right he forgot to mention how you can go bankrupt from medical expenses in the usa

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    The Big Mac index is the only relevant measure for muricans.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Purchasing power parity paints America in an even poorer light when it comes to affordability of essential services.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    I figured cost-of-living was obvious, but then again I live in Jersey so it's something I deal with everyday

Point still stands that going "hurr look at these select European countries with tightly regulated gun ownership that also don't have spree shootings GUNS AREN'T THE PROBLEM LOL" is an utterly retarded argument

also

Switzerland has less people in it than the U.S.'s largest city alone (New York). Ignoring scale is a mistake.

I'd also like to see a racial/ethnic/religious analysis as well, as well as data on immigration and average citizenship lengths.

Switzerland is not what I think of when I think of open, ethnically diverse nations, and certainly isn't full of poor immigrants from around the world the way the U.S. is.

Note that Switzerland refuses to join the EU, lets not pretend that unfettered immigration that comes with the EU isn't one reason why.

There is far more different between tiny little ultra-rich former-Nazi-pal Switzerland and the United States.

Ah, so it's the brown people that do the killing. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Because every poor immigrant to the U.S. is Brown?

Ignoring population makeup and demographics when comparing macro economics is just foolish.
    Last edited by Alistair; January 8 2018 at 02:15:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Note that Switzerland refuses to join the EU, lets not pretend that unfettered immigration that comes with the EU isn't one reason why.
    They are part of the Common Market with full workforce mobility with every other member nation of the Common Market. Biggest group of immigrants are Germans though.
    But saying they aren't joining due to immigration is hilarious.

Before anyone asks: they also pay a lot for the privilege.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

They are part of the Common Market with full workforce mobility with every other member nation of the Common Market. Biggest group of immigrants are Germans though.
    But saying they aren't joining due to immigration is hilarious.

Before anyone asks: they also pay a lot for the privilege.

Tapapapatalk
    There's a lot of poles working in it there and it's steadily increasing.

Ignoring population makeup and demographics when comparing macro economics is just foolish.
    Trying to explain away economic inequality using demographics is either racist or an acknowledgement of structural violence.

I don't think you're consciously the former and I'd be surprised if the latter were something you subscribed to. So thanks for being the poster child of conservative cognitive dissonance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Trying to explain away economic inequality using demographics is either racist or an acknowledgement of structural violence.
    Spoken like the idealist communist you are, where in your utopia all peoples, of all ethnicities, of all faiths, of all backgrounds would get along in harmony and peace if only everything were collectivized.

Workers of the world uniting, etc.

If only that were true my friend. Human history has shown that stresses of racial, religious and ethnic strife, differences and tension have been major driving forces behind a myriad of bad things.

To ignore a difference between two very differently sized nations is poor analysis. All factors should be considered, not just the cherrypicked one of average income.

In the US economic inequality is, in part, a result of an ongoing, constant influx of immigrants who generally come here (in the majority) with nothing, and have to build something in a society that does not provide the best floor for people here.

I don't think you're consciously the former
    Backhanded compliment better than frontfisted accusation I suppose.

and I'd be surprised if the latter were something you subscribed to. So thanks for being the poster child of conservative cognitive dissonance.
    Why would I not agree with structural problems (I wouldn't call it violence per se) in extremely diverse multi-ethnic/multi-religious societies? America is the poster child for it, given the historic issues of Africans here.

Lets be clear, a nation that is generally uni-enthic, uni-religious or uni-cultural will have less problems than one that is diverse and must address a myriad of historic issues, as well as incur efforts to smooth over strife of a host of new inbound groups as well. There are benefits to diversity, but there are also costs of doing business that come with diversity.

In before "Switzerland is more diverse than the U.S.".
    Last edited by Alistair; January 8 2018 at 04:15:55 PM.

They have 4 official languages m8. Use another example

I think that since Nixon was revealed to form US drug policy with the goal of targeting minorities and political opponents, coupled with the for profit private prison system, economic immobility, and availability of firearms, you can make a case for the biggest problem being structural violence.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Spoken like the idealist communist you are, where in your utopia all peoples, of all ethnicities, of all faiths, of all backgrounds would get along in harmony and peace if only everything were collectivized.

Workers of the world uniting, etc.

If only that were true my friend. Human history has shown that stresses of racial, religious and ethnic strife, differences and tension have been major driving forces behind a myriad of bad things.

To ignore a difference between two very differently sized nations is poor analysis. All factors should be considered, not just the cherrypicked one of average income.

In the US economic inequality is, in part, a result of an ongoing, constant influx of immigrants who generally come here (in the majority) with nothing, and have to build something in a society that does not provide the best floor for people here.

I don't think you're consciously the former
    Backhanded compliment better than frontfisted accusation I suppose.

and I'd be surprised if the latter were something you subscribed to. So thanks for being the poster child of conservative cognitive dissonance.
    Why would I not agree with structural problems (I wouldn't call it violence per se) in extremely diverse multi-ethnic/multi-religious societies? America is the poster child for it, given the historic issues of Africans here.

Lets be clear, a nation that is generally uni-enthic, uni-religious or uni-cultural will have less problems than one that is diverse and must address a myriad of historic issues, as well as incur efforts to smooth over strife of a host of new inbound groups as well. There are benefits to diversity, but there are also costs of doing business that come with diversity.

In before "Switzerland is more diverse than the U.S.".
    I heard explaining european countries while obviously knowing fuck all about them is the intelligent rational thing to do.