hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 455 of 497 FirstFirst ... 355405445452453454455456457458465 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,100 of 9922

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Because nobody reads article:

Trupiano posted the ticket to Facebook, saying that “giving me a ticket for warming up my car in my own damn driveway” was “wasting the taxpayer’s money.” He also called the officer who left the ticket a “dips—.”

“You see the disparaging comments he made about my officer?” [Roseville Police Chief] Berlin said to Click on Detroit. “Drop dead.
    Emphasis Mine.
    Wait the police chief said that to him? What the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Because nobody reads article:

Trupiano posted the ticket to Facebook, saying that “giving me a ticket for warming up my car in my own damn driveway” was “wasting the taxpayer’s money.” He also called the officer who left the ticket a “dips—.”

“You see the disparaging comments he made about my officer?” [Roseville Police Chief] Berlin said to Click on Detroit. “Drop dead.
    Emphasis Mine.
    Clearly a proportionate response to being called a dipshit. This is a policeman after all, they are worth more than normal people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/us/dyl...ial/index.html

Dylann Roof (Charleston Church Shooter/Racist) sentenced to death.

And Justice will be done.

In before the usual "but, but the Death Penalty is wrong and cruel and we shouldn't have it!!!" responses.
    inb4ing doesn't make the death penalty right you baddie
    You go right ahead and argue for sparing Dylann Roof's life. Best of luck.

"Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

In before the usual "but, but the Death Penalty is wrong and cruel and we shouldn't have it!!!" responses.
    If even a single person is wrongly put to death by the state (protip, there have been potentially hundreds) then the death sentence should be removed.

There's no point looking at a single case. The big picture is more important.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

If even a single person is wrongly put to death by the state (protip, there have been potentially hundreds) then the death sentence should be removed.

I'll be sure to add you to the "Save Dylann Roof's life" side of the ledger.

"...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

Implying a death sentence isnt letting him get off easy.

I care more about the principle than the single case.

Mainly because I'm not a short sighted conservative who can only form opinion based on emotion and populist rhetoric.

I take it you are on the "killing some innocents along the way is a fine collatteral, because we have a shitty justice system and death sentence is awesome" side then?

Banned

Mainly because I'm not a short sighted conservative who can only form opinion based on emotion and populist rhetoric.
    See Alistair, this is what happens when you go completely full conservative, I have to agree with Keckers.
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

See Alistair, this is what happens when you go completely full conservative, I have to agree with Keckers.
    Agree all you like my friend, I'm going to enjoy hearing (sadly, in about 10 years the way our system works) that Roof is dead, and I hope the little fuck suffers frankly.

The "if you fuck it up once, we have to shelve the whole thing" concept is as dumb as "no matter how many fuck'ups we find we still must kill em' all" side of the argument.

There is no doubt or question Roof, a horrible racist pig, is guilty of this crime, and I'm glad he's going to burn in hell for what he did to those poor people in that church.

The "I believe in the principle" people are the same folks who think we should spare Roof's life, give him free taxpayer-funded college, healthcare, a nice cell with a comfy bed, TV, and access to pretty farm to walk around, maybe some conjugal visits if some nutbar falls in love with him via mail, and of course therapy, and maybe they'll just release him back into society in a few years once he's vaguely been "reformed".

So yeah, guess I'm close to full conservative here, and glad to do it. The hatred of the victims that is personified in the "nope, lets rehabilitate him" side disgusts me.

Alistair thinks prison doesnt sound too bad because his weight prevents him from leaving his house

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Alistair thinks prison doesnt sound too bad because his weight prevents him from leaving his house
    The internet: making weak little nerds awful brave since 1990.

The "I believe in the principle" people are the same folks who think we should spare Roof's life, give him free taxpayer-funded college, healthcare, a nice cell with a comfy bed, TV, and access to pretty farm to walk around, maybe some conjugal visits if some nutbar falls in love with him via mail, and of course therapy, and maybe they'll just release him back into society in a few years once he's vaguely been "reformed".
    Yes, that is exactly what I said you stupid fat cunt.

The internet: making weak little nerds awful brave since 1990.
    Being able to stand up when you weigh 400lbs doesn't make you strong. It makes you capable of basic mobility.

to be fair i couldnt deadlift 400lb

to be fair i couldnt deadlift 400lb
    Can you climb several flights of stairs without risking a cardiac event though?

yes but i hate myself and my thin privilege every time

Except that wouldn't have been the case.

The severity of crimes and a Federal life sentence would have meant a fulfilling existence in a tiny concrete box at ADX Florence.

If you ask me, I'd rather be put down.

Today we learn the best punishment system is based on satisfying feelings of revenge...

I was only disputing his idea that a life sentence would mean going easy on Dylann Roof.
    Last edited by mewninn; January 11 2017 at 05:39:09 PM.