hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 575 of 591 FirstFirst ... 75475525565572573574575576577578585 ... LastLast
Results 11,481 to 11,500 of 11816

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

I also see a different problem: school shootings are still very rare. Not rare is standing with your back to students while defusing an argument during recess. And during these situations you're surrounded by students all involved in the incident. I am rather concerned that a teacher may get his gun taken away. Also I can easily imagine a student saying to another "I dare you to take the teacher's gun off him." Worse yet, I absolutely know which of my students would say that and who would be stupid enough to try.
    Yeah, the biggest problem with arming teachers in US schools is that it makes the teachers a target for theft or assault.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

On the plus side though armed teachers will be able to blow off some steam after a tough day by shooting a couple of pupils without any consequence if the burger cops are anything to go by, might get more men to sign up to be teachers

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    On the plus side though armed teachers will be able to blow off some steam after a tough day by shooting a couple of pupils without any consequence if the burger cops are anything to go by, might get more men to sign up to be teachers
    Plus they can recruit from the ex-military (like police) to instill some discipline back into the range! I mean classroom.

It boggles the mind to think just how wrong things have gone when even considering arming teachers. I mean, if that thought crosses your mind and you dont immediately go "woah there, hold the fuck on what are we saying" I...I dont even. Thankfully this seems to be what the wast majority still thinks no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I'm waiting for the cultural shift when a common phrase morphs into "you can't keep them wrapped up in Kevlar forever".

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    It boggles the mind to think just how wrong things have gone when even considering arming teachers. I mean, if that thought crosses your mind and you dont immediately go "woah there, hold the fuck on what are we saying" I...I dont even. Thankfully this seems to be what the wast majority still thinks no?
    It's a distraction, arming teachers is both stupid and a sociopolitical non-starter.

It's akin to thinking that "arming bank tellers" is the best solution to securing banks.

If we feel schools are at at-risk location, there are a myriad of available options before you get to "arm teachers, ok corral is go!".

Metal detectors and security at school entrances (regularly in use for a long while now at various inner-city schools). Armed school security (i.e. professional, trained, security personnel). More proactive evaluation of students for mental health/shooter potential issues, and segregation of those students into more secure locations for special behavioral needs education. Etc.

Arming teachers, generally untrained and least appropriate to have firearms within a school staff, is just silly. But some folks love silly.

or you know, don't let kids have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Wait, it's that easy? Don't "let" have guns.

WHY HAVEN'T WE TRIED THIS YET!!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

I don't know, why haven't you? Because you [USA] haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post

because of old men like this who worship guns like they were holy relics

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post

because of old men like this who worship guns like they were holy relics

meh

Unironically this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Well, why haven't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Well, why haven't you?
    I presume that's not a serious question and you're trolling yet again. If you seriously have to ask that question......

The TLDR is "2nd Amendment" and "The people don't want it enough to vote for it in majority". Hell, throw in Keckers "the capitalists profit too much" too if it pleases you. I would have thought you'd have heard these enough to get it my now.

Of course, "let" isn't the only issue. Felons are denied gun rights in many places, we don't "let" them have guns. Kids (and most others) are banned from carrying guns on school property, we don't "let" them do it.

We also don't "let" them kill people.

Yet they all do it anyway. Point being the "let" part is only part of the issue and equation.

"the capitalists profit too much"
    http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-i...nds-nra-2013-1
    meh

People who like guns care more about getting their way than do the people who don't like guns. And that's quite impressive because the people who like guns aren't even that many.

In terms of getting out the vote and "call your congressman" campaigns the NRA is arguably the most successful organization in the entire political history of the US.

Well, why haven't you?
    I presume that's not a serious question and you're trolling yet again. If you seriously have to ask that question......

The TLDR is "2nd Amendment" and "The people don't want it enough to vote for it in majority". Hell, throw in Keckers "the capitalists profit too much" too if it pleases you. I would have thought you'd have heard these enough to get it my now.

Of course, "let" isn't the only issue. Felons are denied gun rights in many places, we don't "let" them have guns. Kids (and most others) are banned from carrying guns on school property, we don't "let" them do it.

Yet they all do it anyway. Point being the "let" part is only part of the issue and equation.
    You could have just said "because we don't want to".
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    People who like guns care more about getting their way than do the people who don't like guns. And that's quite impressive because the people who like guns aren't even that many.

In terms of getting out the vote and "call your congressman" campaigns the NRA is arguably the most successful organization in the entire political history of the US.
    TBH in my experience more people like guns than dislike them so vehemently they want them all banned, and simply most people don't care enough to be bother either way.

Well, why haven't you?

You could have just said "because we don't want to".
    I'm amazed you keep asking the same question. But yes, it boils down to "Americans don't want to".

EG i like guns. If i lived in a free country i'd probably have a rifle or two but i wouldn't shoot up a school.