hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 486 of 497 FirstFirst ... 386436476483484485486487488489496 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,720 of 9938

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Are you implying that state-employed civil servants would never engage is a similar level of depravity and lack of basic human respect in the course of their employment?

Can you cite your evidence that the cause of this horrific abuse was profit based? That the motivation was to deny care so the company could make more profit, and that the line employees had that as their motivation or (better) a stated policy document or evaluation criteria.
    This sort of news regularly comes out of America, very rarely out of civilised nations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Are you implying that state-employed civil servants would never engage is a similar level of depravity and lack of basic human respect in the course of their employment?

Can you cite your evidence that the cause of this horrific abuse was profit based? That the motivation was to deny care so the company could make more profit, and that the line employees had that as their motivation or (better) a stated policy document or evaluation criteria.
    This sort of news regularly comes out of America, very rarely out of civilised nations.
    So what you're saying is "I cannot answer any of these questions, so I'll deflect with some generic hot air".

Got it.

Hint: if you want to argue that the profit motive was the cause of a horrible event like this, you'd probably want to know what the contract terms were for the services being provided, and show how those terms and company policies would lead line-employees making decisions based on corporate profits. You'd also want to show that the company sees the risk of litigation/prosecution as lower than the net risk of providing adequate service in the first place.

Or, you know, you could actually hold the individuals who ignored the man's pleas at least partially responsible for their actions, but yeah.

In any event, the justice system will look into both sides (corporate and individual), as a company is a far bigger fish for purposes of restitution than the individuals, so if there is evidence, they'll be looking for it. You both could very well be right. Equally, you could be completely and utterly wrong, and the individuals could be in whole to blame here.
    Last edited by Alistair; August 30 2017 at 12:27:30 PM.

"Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    I wasnt implying anything other than what I expressly said (that profit motive for essential healthcare for the vulnerable with no other options is clearly an incentive to provide poor care) but your defensiveness is very cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    I wasnt implying anything other than what I expressly said (that profit motive for essential healthcare for the vulnerable with no other options is clearly an incentive to provide poor care) but your defensiveness is very cute.
    i.e. you have no evidence to support your claims in this case either.

I expect better from you Lall.

"...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

America clearly has a material environment where this sort of disgraceful institutional violence is fairly commonplace. I think it is pretty clear what the major differences between the political economy in in the united police states of america and the european pinko union are.
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

America clearly has a material environment where this sort of disgraceful institutional violence is fairly commonplace.
    Define commonplace. 1 incident in 10? 1 incident in 100,000? 1 incident in 1 million?

This kind of stereotyping is ridiculous and insulting to the vast majority who work these jobs and do the very best they can, both public employee and private.

I meant lets be clear, you have reached a point Keck where any private business is literally staffed entirely by Hitler clones out to steal money and murder us all.

I think it is pretty clear what the major differences between the political economy in in the united police states of america and the european pinko union are.
    Of course you think that, you're utterly obsessed with Marxism. You ignore every other factor, in this and every other discussion mate.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    i.e. you have no evidence to support your claims in this case either.

I expect better from you Lall.
    Why would I need evidence to support a self-evident statement? It has no external presuppositions

I know you've gotten comfortable engaging with strawmen instead of what I post but it is important for children to step outside of their comfort zone every now and then.

I know you've gotten comfortable engaging with strawmen.
    Mate, save it, you're the very definition of a obsessive strawman jouster. Shit, do you ever post anything here anymore than ISN'T a whine about capitalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Wait, hold on. I was specifically told that cops are only violent towards blacks?
    Exclusive dash-cam video obtained by Channel 2 Action News caught an officer’s interaction with a woman who said she was afraid to move her hands during a traffic stop.

Cobb County police Chief Mike Register told Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Mark Winne that after Channel 2 Action News submitted an open-records request, he and his command staff looked at the video.

Remember, we only kill black people. We only kill black people, right?” the Cobb County police officer can be heard saying on the video.

On Friday, they opened an internal investigation.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb...ight/600704431

Jesus Christ. the absolute state of American policing.

Why do there seem to be so many traffic stops in America anyway? Do they just have a ridiculous amount of retarded traffic laws designed to give excuses for random intrusions by law enforcement into peoples' lives?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Wait, hold on. I was specifically told that cops are only violent towards blacks?
    Exclusive dash-cam video obtained by Channel 2 Action News caught an officer’s interaction with a woman who said she was afraid to move her hands during a traffic stop.

Cobb County police Chief Mike Register told Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Mark Winne that after Channel 2 Action News submitted an open-records request, he and his command staff looked at the video.

Remember, we only kill black people. We only kill black people, right?” the Cobb County police officer can be heard saying on the video.

On Friday, they opened an internal investigation.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb...ight/600704431

I mean its a pretty funny thing to say tbh when you look at the context. He's trying to make light of a light situation because someone took it waaaaay too seriously (from the cop's point of view). Pretty unprofessional could be argued, but i guarantee the Police force argue he was using his judgement and experience to chill the situation. From the driver's point of view, who here wouldnt be terrified with a US traffic stop though so cant blame her. Probably didn't find it funny.

Why do there seem to be so many traffic stops in America anyway? Do they just have a ridiculous amount of retarded traffic laws designed to give excuses for random intrusions by law enforcement into peoples' lives?
    Yes.

Also the force & courts get a slice of the fines.

You would see a massive drop in stops if we were to do something like say put all fines into the state's education fund instead.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    In my travels in the US I've only been pulled over by the Lake Minnetonka Sea-Sheriff

I survived.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

Yes.

You would see a massive drop in stops if we were to do something like say put all fines into the state's education fund instead.
    Plus the bigger problem of the entire judicial system working hand in hand with the private prison industry to ensure high incarceration rates. All of the above is why american cops are hyperaggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Yes.

Plus the bigger problem of the entire judicial system working hand in hand with the private prison industry to ensure high incarceration rates. All of the above is why american cops are hyperaggressive.
    Having a heavily armed and psychotropic-addled population probably doesn't help either.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Yes.

Having a heavily armed and psychotropic-addled population probably doesn't help either.
    Weed is a pretty good solution to the violence tbh. Should go nationwide

What. "Murica" is civilized? A state with capital punishment, no working general healthcare, still asking people for "race" on government papers?

US is the country of liberty and the pursuit of happyness, but it civilized? Under Trump, any veil of a civilized nation was erased.

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    What. "Murica" is civilized? A state with capital punishment, no working general healthcare, still asking people for "race" on government papers?

US is the country of liberty and the pursuit of happyness, but it civilized? Under Trump, any veil of a civilized nation was erased.
    you're pretty bad at reading.