hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 535 of 550 FirstFirst ... 35435485525532533534535536537538545 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,700 of 10982

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    The thing I'm interested in now is whether the trolls & troglodytes are going to label this another "fake" shooting and heap vitriol on Stephen Willeford (citizen responder) and Johnnie Langendorff (passing motorist) for being "crisis actors" or w/e it's called.

OR

Will they escape harassment to push the "good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun" narrative

OR

Will it descend into a mixture of both praise for them & the new normal: flak for anyone labelled a survivor.
    3D Quantum Position Chess

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    The thing I'm interested in now is whether the trolls & troglodytes are going to label this another "fake" shooting and heap vitriol on Stephen Willeford (citizen responder) and Johnnie Langendorff (passing motorist) for being "crisis actors" or w/e it's called.

OR

Will they escape harassment to push the "good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun" narrative

OR

Will it descend into a mixture of both praise for them & the new normal: flak for anyone labelled a survivor.
    Has anyone claimed it was a liberal being controlled by the Obama-era CIA?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

"So...are we going to discuss it now, or wait for the Democrats to take over and do what they want, then complain about it?"
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

"So...are we going to discuss it now, or wait for the Democrats to take over and do what they want, then complain about it?"
    2nd Amendment People.

DO SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

2nd Amendment People.

DO SOMETHING.

what about education? There was a time when kids were taught to respect firearms:
    http://www.vintag.es/2016/09/there-w...taught-to.html

That's what the army is for.

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!
    hmmmmmmmm

(1) Pre-emptive diagnosis of people that are likely to commit mass shootings

(2) Conscription into punitive battalions

(3) Solve North Korea problem AND the mass shootings at the same time.

(4) ?????????

(5) Profit

Very clever

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!
    hmmmmmmmm

(1) Pre-emptive diagnosis of people that are likely to commit mass shootings

(2) Conscription into punitive battalions

(3) Solve North Korea problem AND the mass shootings at the same time.

(4) ?????????

(5) Profit

Very clever
    I thought the USMC already did (1) already

You have to be somewhat psychotic to join the muhreens, right?

Very good idea, a penal legion! You can even put your trigger happy LEOs in charge, complete with those fashionable long leather coats, incase they get unruly.
    Last edited by Torashuu; November 8 2017 at 03:22:53 PM.

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!
    Service guarantees citizenship, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!
    No but it just maybe may give firearms the respect they clearly lack in the good 'ol US.

I'd guarantee you however that it would reduce the US politicians desire to start wars willy nilly to almost zero.

The rich and connected will still avoid fighting due to bone spurs and such, so not really
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!
    No but it just maybe may give firearms the respect they clearly lack in the good 'ol US.

I'd guarantee you however that it would reduce the US politicians desire to start wars willy nilly to almost zero.
    Hence why I support mandatory service for all people. It can be military or civilian, but everyone should have to spend a few years working for the public good if they want to enjoy the benefits of the public good.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...oting-of-guns/
    “I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons,” said Karl T. Frederick, according to a transcript of the hearings. “I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.”

Frederick’s words were notable then, and especially now, because of who he was: the president of the National Rifle Association.

Today, in the wake of yet another horrific mass shooting, this time in Las Vegas, it’s difficult to find any reference to Frederick on the NRA’s website, and it would be impossible to locate anyone connected with the organization who would say anything close to what Frederick did in confronting a crisis.

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!

Hence why I support mandatory service for all people. It can be military or civilian, but everyone should have to spend a few years working for the public good if they want to enjoy the benefits of the public good.
    You mean like paying taxes?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    The rich and connected will still avoid fighting due to bone spurs and such, so not really
    Hey man Trump had his own personal Vietnam in the 80's, managing to avoid getting AIDs. He is a real war hero.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!

No, not like paying taxes. Paying taxes is great and all ("I enjoy paying my taxes. With them, I buy civilization." –Oliver Wendell Holmes), but I don't think it really does anything to foster civic virtue or a sense of solidarity with ones fellow citizens. Only laboring together can do that.

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!

No, not like paying taxes. Paying taxes is great and all ("I enjoy paying my taxes. With them, I buy civilization." –Oliver Wendell Holmes), but I don't think it really does anything to foster civic virtue or a sense of solidarity with ones fellow citizens. Only laboring together can do that.
    Doing anything together tbh. Playing fuckign eve kept this forum of hatred together... oh shit yeah,. Eve was basically manual labour. Fuck.

BRING BACK THE DRAFT!

QUESTION: Should Shooting Attacker Be ILLEGAL Because It DENIES Violent Criminal A 'Fair Trial'?