hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 500 of 591 FirstFirst ... 400450490497498499500501502503510550 ... LastLast
Results 9,981 to 10,000 of 11816

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    The amount of gun fire is scary. Potential for this to be really, really bad.

I have friends in transit from airport to Mandalay Bay right this minute, they report all routes in/out to be closed.
    We have an event at MB this week meaning 1000's of coworkers and customers, 10% is prob there already so not a good morning.
    Dont think so, automatic rifle fire tends to be rather uneffective. Expect lots of wounded but not many casualties- i hope.
    shut up, idiot
    While I endorse your pejorative he isn't terribly wrong. It sounded like spray and pray, which means 1 bullet goes in the direction aimed 2 go in roughly the right direction and the rest of the magazine is spent shooting the skyline.
    this is not how automatic fire works for 5,56mm rifles, even a mildly experienced shooter can keep a reasonable grouping on automatic, it was a significant chunk of the reason for the switch-over to 5,56.
    I can tell from the sound it was a larger caliber used, but who cares about the opinion of someone who actually fired some thousand 5,56 and 7,62 rounds during his army time.

Back to call of duty discussion. Iam out
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

I have friends in transit from airport to Mandalay Bay right this minute, they report all routes in/out to be closed.
    We have an event at MB this week meaning 1000's of coworkers and customers, 10% is prob there already so not a good morning.
    Dont think so, automatic rifle fire tends to be rather uneffective. Expect lots of wounded but not many casualties- i hope.
    shut up, idiot
    While I endorse your pejorative he isn't terribly wrong. It sounded like spray and pray, which means 1 bullet goes in the direction aimed 2 go in roughly the right direction and the rest of the magazine is spent shooting the skyline.
    this is not how automatic fire works for 5,56mm rifles, even a mildly experienced shooter can keep a reasonable grouping on automatic, it was a significant chunk of the reason for the switch-over to 5,56.
    and also the reason for the switch to burst fire and dropping automatic entirely.
    This (the guy you're responding to, not your post) is what happens when you base your education on guns solely on Call of Duty titles.
    Essentially if you want an accurate automatic weapon you need a weighty barrel and a bipod. But this conversation is dumb and I feel dumb for partaking in it.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    You are all going to love this:

2 hours before the shooting started InfoWars posted an interview about false flag attacks planned by the left to start a civil war and blame the right/Trump.

Discussing how they had machine guns and trucks of peace attacks prepared.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

shut up, idiot
    I can tell from the sound it was a larger caliber used, but who cares about the opinion of someone who actually fired some thousand 5,56 and 7,62 rounds during his army time.

Back to call of duty discussion. Iam out
    Agreed, did not sound like 5.56. Sounded like 7.62x39 to me, but maybe something bigger like 7.62x51.

My bet is a 7.62x39 AK. Cheap, available, stupidly easy to [illegally] covert to full auto, and those long pauses for reloads are a hallmark of someone not super familiar with AKs trying to reload it under pressure.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Spoilered for those who don't want exposure to Rak idiocy:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    You are all going to love this:

2 hours before the shooting started InfoWars posted an interview about false flag attacks planned by the left to start a civil war and blame the right/Trump.

Discussing how they had machine guns and trucks of peace attacks prepared.

InfoWars

Thoughts and Prayers incoming

and also the reason for the switch to burst fire and dropping automatic entirely.
    that the US Army and USMC doesn't trust their troops with automatic capability doesn't mean it's the case in the rest of the world m8.

certainly the m/95 (C7A1) i had issued was full auto capable, it's not something we used much outside practising CQB, but firing on automatic with live rounds on the range was not unduly difficult at the 25-50m range we practised it, though typically at reduced magazine loads with the aim of getting 3-5 round bursts.

This (the guy you're responding to, not your post) is what happens when you base your education on guns solely on Call of Duty titles.
    nope m8.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Agreed, did not sound like 5.56. Sounded like 7.62x39 to me, but maybe something bigger like 7.62x51.

My bet is a 7.62x39 AK. Cheap, available, stupidly easy to [illegally] covert to full auto, and those long pauses for reloads are a hallmark of someone not super familiar with AKs trying to reload it under pressure.
    i didn't actually watch the video with sound on, in class and all and i have never fired 7,62x39 but the loading, recoil and controllability is supposedly quite similar to that of 5,56 and within the realm of being controllable.

that was the entire fucking point of switching to intermediate cartridges after all.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Yeah the quote pyramid was confusing, bro.

I was implying the guy who thought automatic fire worked IRL like it does in FPS games is the one educated by CoD.

Not the one whose actually trained by military and told why spray and pray doesn't work like it does in movies.

Gun thread is the other way lads...

Las Vegas police now all but confirmed no more active shooter(s), it appeared to have been only one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Yeah the quote pyramid was confusing, bro.

I was implying the guy who thought automatic fire worked IRL like it does in FPS games is the one educated by CoD.

Not the one whose actually trained by military and told why spray and pray doesn't work like it does in movies.
    i assumed you meant this post ?

because i do stand by that, you're not hitting individuals at +100 meters, but keeping the barrel reasonably on target is not exactly hard either and he's obviously firing into a crowd meaning at a uncertain, but no doubt quite close range.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Most shooters probably aren't as experienced as your example's stating. They're probably closer to the kind of people I was saying educated by videogames, who have little-to-no trigger discipline and/or recoil training.

It looks like with this guy, it may've fallen under that classification. Though, the body count's rising. Last I saw it was 70 gunshot wounds confirmed, didn't check the confirmed dead.

One suspect down, no other information. If they were anything other than a white male it would be all over the news.

Calling white guy asshole shooter who's never been on a watch list but everyone who knew him thought he would go on a killing spree at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    One suspect down, no other information. If they were anything other than a white male it would be all over the news.

Calling white guy asshole shooter who's never been on a watch list but everyone who knew him thought he would go on a killing spree at some point.
    Actualy the IS made Vegas an explicit target for an attack just few month ago but who knows.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/25...nda-video.html

News:
    Last edited by Miep; October 2 2017 at 09:03:50 AM.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

Fuuuck that shit. :/ Also my fear is that while a lot of people has been shot, how many got trampled in the panic trying to escape.

So far my friends are ok but its early still. We havent got hold of all yet. The ones en route are going to another hotel for the time being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor

Pretty sure that the only color which would be all over the news would be a white shooter, not if it was black or brown or fake-white.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Perp was a registered Democrat. A Democrat. Spraying gunfire into a country music festival. See where this is going?

that the US Army and USMC doesn't trust their troops with automatic capability doesn't mean it's the case in the rest of the world m8.

certainly the m/95 (C7A1) i had issued was full auto capable, it's not something we used much outside practising CQB, but firing on automatic with live rounds on the range was not unduly difficult at the 25-50m range we practised it, though typically at reduced magazine loads with the aim of getting 3-5 round bursts.

nope m8.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post

i didn't actually watch the video with sound on, in class and all and i have never fired 7,62x39 but the loading, recoil and controllability is supposedly quite similar to that of 5,56 and within the realm of being controllable.

that was the entire fucking point of switching to intermediate cartridges after all.
    I was more judging by the sound. That said, 7.62x39 shot from an AK is an entirely different experience from shooting 5.56 out of an AR platform. Much louder, much more recoil. The x39 just has a lot more energy and the AK sends a lot of that recoil upward.
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post

Pretty sure that the only color which would be all over the news would be a white shooter, not if it was black or brown or fake-white.
    No, completely wrong. If it was black/brown/fake-white shooter that would be all over the news because it was a black man with a gun (shock horror) or a terrorist, no context needed, just release it.

White guys means shit, shut up shop, don't release anything, let's find something bad about thus guy first, we can't just tell everyone a white guy went crazy and shot people, must find or make up context first.