hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 491 of 550 FirstFirst ... 391441481488489490491492493494501541 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,820 of 10986

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    The shitty joke (and tolerance of it) is symptomatic of the institutional racism in the American police force.

Your apologism for racism is hardly an example of prioritisation.
    1. The unjust shooting of unarmed suspects by police is a major problem and deserves serious action and oversight.

2. The cop who made this 'joke' deserves to be fired for it, it's so blatantly over the top stupid.

These are not "pick one" items. You CAN pick both.

I pick both.
    Then you're part of the problem. Joke was in a bad taste but the only thing that is over the top here is reaction we're seeing. He should have been reprimanded at most.
    Yes. Clearly I am part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    The shitty joke (and tolerance of it) is symptomatic of the institutional racism in the American police force.

1. The unjust shooting of unarmed suspects by police is a major problem and deserves serious action and oversight.

2. The cop who made this 'joke' deserves to be fired for it, it's so blatantly over the top stupid.

I pick both.
    Then you're part of the problem. Joke was in a bad taste but the only thing that is over the top here is reaction we're seeing. He should have been reprimanded at most.
    Yes. Clearly I am part of the problem.

At least you admit it.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Careful, you'll set off his persecution complex and we'll have another 3 pages of "I can't be wrong you just hate honest god-fearing bootstrap pulling conservatives"

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Yes Frug. I totally thought Canada had a huge population. You've gotten pretty stupid lately.
    Then how do you explain your statement that California "somehow" has a higher GDP than Canada? You either thought there are more people in Canada or you thought Canada's economy was stronker than the US. Either way you sound like an idiot and should stop.

Ugh why am I arguing with you. I've seen your posting. Carry on.
    I'm not arguing with you. If you can't tell a basic sarcastic shitpost from hurrdurr why is Canada so poor, I can't really help you.
    Ah, the old "i was shitposting all along". I dislike you less because I now assume all your stupid posts are sarcastic.

Oh my god you make so much more sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Yes Frug. I totally thought Canada had a huge population. You've gotten pretty stupid lately.
    Then how do you explain your statement that California "somehow" has a higher GDP than Canada? You either thought there are more people in Canada or you thought Canada's economy was stronker than the US. Either way you sound like an idiot and should stop.

Ugh why am I arguing with you. I've seen your posting. Carry on.
    I'm not arguing with you. If you can't tell a basic sarcastic shitpost from hurrdurr why is Canada so poor, I can't really help you.
    Ah, the old "i was shitposting all along". I dislike you less because I now assume all your stupid posts are sarcastic.

Oh my god you make so much more sense now.

You think it's symptomatic of institutional racism. I think it's a guy pissed about being painted as a racist murderer and making a bad joke about it.

Fuck does that make me an apologist for racism?

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

while its clearly not an acceptable thing to say, the fact the officer used some bleak humor to diffuse the situation rather than reaching for his gun is better than how a lot of these situations seem to go.

he should get a bollocking for it and maybe sensitivity training or some bollocks, but i dont think it deserves the sack.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

I pick both.
    Well yes, exactly my point?

As to the "he is mocking racism, not being racist". Tell me, if a catholic priest joked to a 6 year old boy about molesting him would you feel the same way? Its the same damn point. You can't make light of your own organisations incredibly serious failings. Doing so is saying you dont take them seriously as problems and you dont give a shit about the feelings of the victims.

Smuggo
    Apparently Treeza is going to make "an important intervention later in September that means Brexit talks are being pushed back. This is from Guy Verhofstadt. So what could it be? A complete U-turn? She's resigning? More pointless tough talk rhetoric?

Racist jokes are in fact still racist despite being jokes

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Idiot cunts are still idiot cunts despite having changed usernames.

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Idiot cunts are still idiot cunts despite having changed usernames.
    As the resident edgelord of this thread idk if you should be throwing stones from your glass house

I pick both.

As to the "he is mocking racism, not being racist". Tell me, if a catholic priest joked to a 6 year old boy about molesting him would you feel the same way? Its the same damn point. You can't make light of your own organisations incredibly serious failings. Doing so is saying you dont take them seriously as problems and you dont give a shit about the feelings of the victims.

Cop says something questionable and racist? DESTROY HIM. UNLEASH SOCIAL MEDIA HOUNDS.

Cops literally murdering people? Meh, we just have to let the legal system do its job. Also rioting is wrong!

Realedit: jesus fuck half of you are brits. FUCK. OFF. you literally have no frame of reference to be commenting on this. When cops in the EU and UK start blowing people away for twitching the wrong way then your opinion might actually count for something
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; September 4 2017 at 06:39:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

I pick both.

Cop says something questionable and racist? DESTROY HIM. UNLEASH SOCIAL MEDIA HOUNDS.

Cops literally murdering people? Meh, we just have to let the legal system do its job. Also rioting is wrong!

Realedit: jesus fuck half of you are brits. FUCK. OFF. you literally have no frame of reference to be commenting on this. When cops in the EU and UK start blowing people away for twitching the wrong way then your opinion might actually count for something
    You alright mate?

Our police not being mongs doesn't mean we can't point out when your police are mongs

On the plus side, your wonderful sperge fits nicely in my location tag, since I don't have a signature option

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Apparently Treeza is going to make "an important intervention later in September that means Brexit talks are being pushed back. This is from Guy Verhofstadt. So what could it be? A complete U-turn? She's resigning? More pointless tough talk rhetoric?
    Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament's chief negotiator, made the bombshell claim while giving evidence to a Brussels committee.

He said Mrs May would make the intervention on 21 September, [which could] cause the scheduled talks to be pushed by a week.
    That's all I can find (from Politics Home). Fuck knows what it is. Probably an announcement that they've found the cake.

Did you take a wrong turn and end up in the colonies?

Seiging Harfleur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Did you take a wrong turn and end up in the colonies?
    Yeah hang on, I even replied to it as if it was the loluk thread. WTF. I blame the psycho nutjob landlord and the impending 2:30am start. I'm not with it.

Not watched the cop video but it's gotta be up there on the top ten list of dumb things for US cops to say right now. Fired seems reasonable given many people in the US are fired for an awful lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

I pick both.

You seem to be having trouble understanding the people can, in fact, be against both.

That people can, in fact, think a murderer cop should go to prison, and the "questionable racist" just be fired, and not be hypocritical in any way.

Come on now AW. Seriously dude.