hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 501 of 591 FirstFirst ... 401451491498499500501502503504511551 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,020 of 11816

Thread: St Louis - Muskets Thread (USA civil unrest)

Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Antimus View Post
    One suspect down, no other information. If they were anything other than a white male it would be all over the news.

Calling white guy asshole shooter who's never been on a watch list but everyone who knew him thought he would go on a killing spree at some point.
    Pretty sure that the only color which would be all over the news would be a white shooter, not if it was black or brown or fake-white.
    No, completely wrong. If it was black/brown/fake-white shooter that would be all over the news because it was a black man with a gun (shock horror) or a terrorist, no context needed, just release it.

White guys means shit, shut up shop, don't release anything, let's find something bad about thus guy first, we can't just tell everyone a white guy went crazy and shot people, must find or make up context first.
    Not sure about in which reality you are living, but nope nope nope. At least for Europe.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.
    And if the bird denies to be a duck it is a russian duck.

Police say the terrorist is local but was accompanied by an Asian woman.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    and also the reason for the switch to burst fire and dropping automatic entirely.
    that the US Army and USMC doesn't trust their troops with automatic capability doesn't mean it's the case in the rest of the world m8.

certainly the m/95 (C7A1) i had issued was full auto capable, it's not something we used much outside practising CQB, but firing on automatic with live rounds on the range was not unduly difficult at the 25-50m range we practised it, though typically at reduced magazine loads with the aim of getting 3-5 round bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    This (the guy you're responding to, not your post) is what happens when you base your education on guns solely on Call of Duty titles.
    nope m8.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Agreed, did not sound like 5.56. Sounded like 7.62x39 to me, but maybe something bigger like 7.62x51.

My bet is a 7.62x39 AK. Cheap, available, stupidly easy to [illegally] covert to full auto, and those long pauses for reloads are a hallmark of someone not super familiar with AKs trying to reload it under pressure.
    i didn't actually watch the video with sound on, in class and all and i have never fired 7,62x39 but the loading, recoil and controllability is supposedly quite similar to that of 5,56 and within the realm of being controllable.

that was the entire fucking point of switching to intermediate cartridges after all.
    I was more judging by the sound. That said, 7.62x39 shot from an AK is an entirely different experience from shooting 5.56 out of an AR platform. Much louder, much more recoil. The x39 just has a lot more energy and the AK sends a lot of that recoil upward.
    the 7,62x39 is in the 2k Joules range versus 1,7-1,8k joules for the 5,56 (assuming factory military loadings), the gap really is not that large though differences in platform design can and does make a significant difference, and as i said i've never shot a 7,62x39 gun, we did have "this is how a AK/PK works in case you need to use one" in the course-work but no shooting, we're militia after all, better save that money for the blokes actually going into combat.

i've shot 7,62x51 from a G3A5 that's at roughly at 3,5k joules and while that's definitely not controllable it not as horrid as people imagine either, i could see it being practical on automatic with a lot of trigger dicipline at short ranges.

20 dead and 100 wounded, yikes.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Perp was a registered Democrat. A Democrat. Spraying gunfire into a country music festival. See where this is going?
    Aren't the vast majority of American mass shooters registered Democrats?

Really makes you think.

BREAKING: Las Vegas shooter has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7978361.html

Edit:
    More and more reports confirming it was him, anti Trump guy.
    Last edited by Miep; October 2 2017 at 11:43:53 AM.
    When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck id call it a duck.

Radio news (public broadcaster, so national news desk wrote that) mentioned the shooter opened fire from a balcony from a hotel on the other side of the street. Chances are he used a bipod and rested it on the balcony rail.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

BREAKING: At least 50 killed more than 200 injured in Las Vegas shooting rampage, suspect identified as Stephen Paddock
    AFP

Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    The amount of gun fire is scary. Potential for this to be really, really bad.

I have friends in transit from airport to Mandalay Bay right this minute, they report all routes in/out to be closed.
    We have an event at MB this week meaning 1000's of coworkers and customers, 10% is prob there already so not a good morning.
    Dont think so, automatic rifle fire tends to be rather uneffective. Expect lots of wounded but not many casualties- i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post

I have friends in transit from airport to Mandalay Bay right this minute, they report all routes in/out to be closed.
    We have an event at MB this week meaning 1000's of coworkers and customers, 10% is prob there already so not a good morning.
    Dont think so, automatic rifle fire tends to be rather uneffective. Expect lots of wounded but not many casualties- i hope.
    Well, ratio is 4:1.... but youre correct if fear, maybe he used a bipod or people were killed during the panic.

Well, ratio is 4:1.... but youre correct if fear, maybe he used a bipod or people were killed during the panic.
    Just stop ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Just stop ffs.
    Why, Orlando attack was 1:1

wouldn't have happened if all the concert goers had had guns and there had been a gau-8 avenger on the stage.

Yeah the quote pyramid was confusing, bro.

I was implying the guy who thought automatic fire worked IRL like it does in FPS games is the one educated by CoD.

Not the one whose actually trained by military and told why spray and pray doesn't work like it does in movies.
    True.

But as has been stated by now, he was shooting down into a densly packed crowd from a hotel's balcony. That basically makes every bullet a hit, even if the recoil takes him off his initial lead. German news also reports 50 dead and 200 injured, which sadly seems to support this.

fucks sake dozens of people are murdered and you cunts are theorycrafting about how he did it

sort your heads out

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Yeah the quote pyramid was confusing, bro.

I was implying the guy who thought automatic fire worked IRL like it does in FPS games is the one educated by CoD.

Not the one whose actually trained by military and told why spray and pray doesn't work like it does in movies.
    True.

But as has been stated by now, he was shooting down into a densly packed crowd from a hotel's balcony. That basically makes every bullet a hit, even if the recoil takes him off his initial lead. German news also reports 50 dead and 200 injured, which sadly seems to support this.

Yes, that's a valid point, and the main reason bipods are even employed to begin with: to address stability while firing and recoil.

So in that case, I agree, spray and pray works because you're taking care of the reason it normally doesn't.

And if it hasn't been said yet, shooter IDed as 64 year old Caucasian.

Good fucking game, Trump. You're facing Charlottesville mk2.

smuggo
    Why would a Nazi brass up a country and western concert filled with white rednecks?

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    And if it hasn't been said yet, shooter IDed as 64 year old Caucasian.

Good fucking game, Trump. You're facing Charlottesville mk2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    You are all going to love this:

2 hours before the shooting started InfoWars posted an interview about false flag attacks planned by the left to start a civil war and blame the right/Trump.

Discussing how they had machine guns and trucks of peace attacks prepared.
    Called it; a false flag attack by the democrats.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Has anything more been said about the shooter or his motives?

Was it was a musician who just really hated country music?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Why would a Nazi brass up a country and western concert filled with white rednecks?
    false flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

Just stop ffs.
    Miep Miep