hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 101 of 312 FirstFirst ... 51919899100101102103104111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6225

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Those are some well-defined guns on that dragon. I guess it lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Iloni Atoriandra View Post
    Do it, Nids are one of the top tier armies now and are awesome.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    How are they in the new rules? I haven't played them for years. Back then It was always the same. I wipe out anything not MC. Then the MCs wipe me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    That tank of shame must sit in the corner of your room looking ominous or something, Sparq.
    It's an extraordinarily ominous looking ... plastic ice cream container with a bottle of Dettol now tipped into it.

(It may or may not include a small amount of shame)

It's now ensconced in the back bathroom, with thirty or so CSM brewing away in it. I'm not sure what I'll do with them once I've brushed them clean. I was tempted to spray them white, but the white spray paint is such a pain that I think I'll do them black again and adjust my colour scheme.

I used the shitty GW plastic glue on them, I was pulling the tack off of them just now (from when I was first spraying/working on them) and most of them came clean off of their bases, so I hope they come apart in the Dettol so I can paint guns and backpacks separately then glue them on, like I'm doing with the DA. It's much easier.

Mine havent really come apart from the Dettol but I only left them for 24h. I did have a dudes head fall off but that was it. I need to buy more Dettol and get a container big enough to fit my Leman Russ in.

If you use an electric toothbrush to scrub them then do it far away from your face, Dettol in your eyeball hurts. Also make sure you turn it off when dipping it back in the Dettol.

Necrons, Daemons and Nids are the top 3 tournament armies at the moment so Id say they do pretty well with 6th Ed.

Flyrants are pretty badass and Tervigons as troops spawning more gants is pretty decent.

EDIT: Ill have to get another IRC app on my phone for when Im bored at work and forums are being slow. Is there a specific address and port I need to put in to get this 40k channel? Been a while since Ive used IRC.
    I used to have a sig.

Ages ago when I dunked one of my CSM into a small amount of Dettol in a beaker, he fell apart after about a week of immersion - again, I consider the shitty GW glue responsible. I've been topping him up with water every week since then, as of course some of it evaporates - especially with the hot weather we've been having. I'll finally extract him in a week or two when I go to do all the others - also, every day or two (if I remember) I'll give the container a gentle slosh around to get it flowing a little.

Also, FHC on IRC mate

Does topping it up with water not ruin it? Im down to half a pint glass after a day and its really gunky with paint now. Also what hot weather???

I used to IRC a lot but that was when I played EVE and was on the PL IRC, Ill have to get it all set up again.

Still waiting for my Super Dungeon Explore game I won before Xmas, hurry up Worthy Painting!!
    I used to have a sig.

Still waiting for my Super Dungeon Explore game I won before Xmas, hurry up Worthy Painting!!
    Descent: Adventures in the dark, second edition?
    I loved the 1st ed. Will defenately get the 2nd.

I was also told never ever to get water into contact with the detol since it supposedly makes it gunky.

This one.

http://sodapopminiatures.com/content...ungeon-explore

Ive added some water to dilute it a bit and it seems ok. Nearly got 10 Termis stripped and finished 8 more of my EC marines.
    I used to have a sig.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Nearly impulse bought the nids battle set

Tapatalk
    How bad would the damage have been?
    £75
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Does topping it up with water not ruin it? Im down to half a pint glass after a day and its really gunky with paint now. Also what hot weather???
    1) Well, I only topped it up with a little water after it has lost about 25% volume to evaporation, which would have been as long as one or maybe even two weeks after it began soaking. It mixed in with the jelly that had formed and basically just looked awesome - also, it got the level above his feet again, where there was still a little paint caked on.

2) For about 1/3 of the year the sun moves closer to the earth over Australia, so much so you can reach up and touch it if you really want (it also tries to exterminate all life)

EDIT: Meanwhile, GW chase ebook off of Amazon for trademark infringement, "on the grounds that the company’s “recent entrée into the ebook market gives them the common law trademark for the term ‘space marine’ in all formats.”.".

As you'll discover if you read the article, the term "Space Marine" pre-exists WH40K fiction by a mile and is pretty much generic. Oh, and a portion of profits from the book went to charities benefiting wounded soldiers, so I figure that blocking that makes GW some kind of double-douche. I mean, even for a company that deliberately orchestrates to screw overseas customers and sells defective products (Failcast, anyone?) that's an achievement - bullying a science fiction author who can't afford to fight you & preventing money being raised for charity. Bravo.

Aren't they marvelous? Seriously, fuck GW. I'm never buying a single book from them again. That's it, I'm done. I'm out. Piracy all the way from now on.
    Last edited by Sparq; February 8 2013 at 01:24:04 AM.

PM me for a free Vagabond
    my friends I have an epic tale.

Names have been omitted to protect the innocent.

I ordered some stuff from a company. It didn't turn up in the timescale I thought it might.
    so I rang them and asked politely where my stuff was - the nice people at the other end of the phone told me that they had taken the money but hadn't actually sent the loot.
    Ok I replied, mistakes happen so will you be sending my stuff? Oh yes they replied.

I put the phone down, reception rang me to tell me there was a box for me.......

It was the goods I had ordered. so I decided to go get the box and then ring them back and explain that they didn't need to send me anything further..... only I got involved in a technical discussion on the way back to my office which meant that I totally forgot.

so fast forward a day and my phone rings. its dispatch from the company on the phone. I'm very sorry he said - I'm just processing your order and it appears we overcharged you as well as forgetting to send it out. By quite a bit too.
    oh? really?

so then
    1) Make order
    2) company forgets that it sent order AND overcharges me by quite a bit
    3) ???
    4) Profit

Thats ok I respond. Rather than refund me the difference how about making the order up to the amount I spent with you?
    sure! he says. 5 mins later rings me back and confirms that approx triple the amount of stuff I originally ordered is on the way.

Now I DO feel guilty slightly. But then I don't because they DID overcharge me.
    besides, I love their stuff so I'll be ordering ALOT more in the near future so I will end up covering the cost of what they sent me twice anyway (and the extra stuff I paid for too)

am I bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    EDIT: Meanwhile, GW chase ebook off of Amazon for trademark infringement, "on the grounds that the company’s “recent entrée into the ebook market gives them the common law trademark for the term ‘space marine’ in all formats.”.".

As you'll discover if you read the article, the term "Space Marine" pre-exists WH40K fiction by a mile and is pretty much generic. Oh, and a portion of profits from the book went to charities benefiting wounded soldiers, so I figure that blocking that makes GW some kind of double-douche. I mean, even for a company that deliberately orchestrates to screw overseas customers and sells defective products (Failcast, anyone?) that's an achievement - bullying a science fiction author who can't afford to fight you & preventing money being raised for charity. Bravo.

Aren't they marvelous? Seriously, fuck GW. I'm never buying a single book from them again. That's it, I'm done. I'm out. Piracy all the way from now on.
    wow. that's quite low.
    Now I son't feel bad at all for filling my new ebook reader :P

Edit: I'm considdering if I should post that to GWs facebook or not. But GW beeing GW I would probably get sued or something...
    Last edited by Ashaz; February 8 2013 at 08:22:26 AM.

Yes you are. Id of likely done the same though so dont feel too bad. I manged to get a free set of MK II marines from FW.

I added a bit of water to the Dettol and it seems ok. Going to strip my last 3 termis I need stripping tonight and then need to sort out a container to do the tanks in.
    I used to have a sig.

Is dettol a solution or a chemical? If it is a solution just adding water to it brings it back to how it was before evaporation.

Just like how you don't add salt water to your tropical fish tank when it needs topping up.

..... Its orange....

I think its a solution its just one of the warnings with using it was not to rinse stuff with cold water as it turns all sticky and really gunky but that could be from the mixture with the paint.

Ive topped it up a bit and so far so good.
    I used to have a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post

wow. that's quite low.
    Now I son't feel bad at all for filling my new ebook reader :P

Edit: I'm considdering if I should post that to GWs facebook or not. But GW beeing GW I would probably get sued or something...
    lolz, made it to the beeb...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21380003

Quote Originally Posted by Calks View Post

lolz, made it to the beeb...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21380003
    And what an awesome choise of picture to that article

Im now using Void Seamen so I dont get sued.
    I used to have a sig.

Im now using Void Seamen so I dont get sued.
    My condolences...

Do they have the trademark on SPESS MAHREENS?

I could see some hilarity coming if not :>

(Also, the trademark they do have does not hold for scifi books, if you can point a clear finger at the name having come from a source that was not them and before they registered the trademark, i believe. Say, one of many books published in the 70s and 80s that used the term?)