hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 301 of 302 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301302 LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6033

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    sorry to keep spamming my WIP minis.
    been working on a replacement sorcerer.

yum
    Spam away.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

it's the end the end of the road my friends!!!
    Our ages long league finally draws to a close for me at least this week. We are doign firefight. we have plenty of beer.
    Giving up all pretense of taking things seriously i'm a' gonna try to take fucking loads of Gaki's and see what happens....
    This. lookit!!!
    OPERATION WARCRIME
    ───────────────────────────────────────────── ─────

GROUP 1 2 8 10
    DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)

GROUP 2 9
    SKIÁVORO Lieutenant Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 52)
    OVERDRON 2 Heavy Rocket Launchers / . (2 | 57)
    STALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)
    E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
    Q-DRONE Plasma Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    KURGAT (Operative Group) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    FRAACTA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29)

3.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

It will be GLORIOUS.
    Or terrible.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Don't you need an Oznat to purchase Hungries?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Don't you need an Oznat to purchase Hungries?
    Vanilla CA doesn't, only Morats need the Oznat to take Hungries.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Been getting into 30k myself. Decided on Raven Guard when I found a very nicely painted force being sold.

Here's Moritat-Prime Kaedes Nex, a legion recon squad with sniper rifles, Master of the Legion Alvarez Maun and two Dark Furies and lastly a group shot of the entire band,
      Spoiler:

As a whole, it's;

Alverez Maun, Master of the Legion
    Kaedes Nez, Moritat-Prime
    Legion Reconissance Squad, 5 marines with Shotguns, meltabombs and camo-cloaks.
    Legion Reconissance Squad, 5 marines with Shotguns, meltabombs and camo-cloaks.
    Legion Reconissance Squad, 5 marines with sniper rifles and camo-cloaks.
    Dark Fury Assault Squad, 5 Marines with Raven's Talons(Master-crafted rending lightning claws), sergeant with meltabomb.
    Dark Fury Assault Squad, 5 Marines with Raven's Talons(Master-crafted rending lightning claws), sergeant with meltabomb.
    Mor Deythan Strike Squad, 7 marines with Shotguns, 3 with Meltaguns, sergeant with meltabomb.

About 1400 points or so. 37 marines and 0 boltguns, something I found amusing when pointed out to me.

To expand the force, I picked up a Betrayal of Calth box, so the past few days I've been busy building tactical marines. Also did some sawing and slightly reposed the very stiff looking contemptor dreadnought from the same box.
      Spoiler:

Tacticals are sadly not all that interesting to build, but I'm making sure everything is wysisyg, meaning every marine gets grenades and pistols modelled.

If you've got beakie helmets and studded shoulder pads, I'd very much like to trade or paypal you for them. I'm quickly working my way through what I had managed to gather over the years(always wanted to build a corvus-pattern power ar

Also threw together a generic HQ character, likely he'll be swapping between the job of Praetor, Centurion Delegatus and Legion Champion. I've not quite yet decided.
      Spoiler:

Also picked up 4 space wolf drop pods, owner was 8th-ed bitter about how useless they where so I got them real cheap(30k plays using 7th ed rules). Shouldn't be too much work repurposing them for the XIXth legion instead.
      Spoiler:
    Last edited by Zeppelin; November 15 2017 at 09:47:53 AM.

If you're gonna play one, 30K is definitely the best K.

not enuff orks. 2/10

Plenty of Orks in 30K, though to be fair not in a Raven Guard army.
    If there's one universal constant in 30/40k though....it's that we need moar boyz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    If there's one universal constant in 30/40k though....it's that we need moar boyz.
    Not in Necromunda Kk thanks. I'm a little keen to get my hands on those rules

I do miss the campaign aspect in Infinity

The gang wars book contains all the rules for 3d play and campaigns including gang expansion

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post

The gang wars book contains all the rules for 3d play and campaigns including gang expansion
    Yeah, I'm prob getting that and an Escher box. There's some bits I need to build a Chimera.

I ran out of beakie helmets, but I've got a centurion, a contemptor and 20 tacticals assembled, though 8 of the tacticals are missing their heads. Going to order some upgrade sprues from Forgeworld this week. Wanted to wait till christmas to take advantage of the free shippping deal they usually have then - my own stuff isn't going to be anywhere near enough to get free shipping on it's own.

Currently looking at ordering some 30-ish helmets and shoulderpads, a set of brass etchings and two or three sets of rhino doors. Also tempted by a Deredeo Dreadnought with Autocannons and an Aiolus Missile launcher because honestly, I think it looks pretty darn cool.

If anyone has beakie helmets and studded shoulderpads left over, I'd like to trade for them. Paypal works too.
    Last edited by Zeppelin; November 16 2017 at 01:16:44 PM.

My planned Alpha Legion army of 1000 points will be just below the free shipping threshold. But yeah I'll most likely be doing that around Christmas as well.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

I've currently got an Iron Warriors army (used for 30k and 40k) along with a new Death Guard army (40k). I was considering a third army in the form of the Dark Eldar/Drukhari and I was just curious if anyone had any feedback on their play style, advantages and disadvantages etc etc. My initial idea was to pick up two of the Gangs of Commorragh boxes as a basis for my army, attempting to focus on hit and run / fast attack tactics but I've no idea how this would work. I just thought it would be a nice contrast to the steady, grinding pace of the Iron Warriors and Death Guard.

The other Idea was to possibly expand into Age of Sigmar but I'm not sure how to go about creating a Vampire Counts / Ghoul King based army.

On a side note I really like your paint style for the Death Guard you're amassing Sarabando.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacheria Malfor View Post
    I've currently got an Iron Warriors army (used for 30k and 40k) along with a new Death Guard army (40k). I was considering a third army in the form of the Dark Eldar/Drukhari and I was just curious if anyone had any feedback on their play style, advantages and disadvantages etc etc. My initial idea was to pick up two of the Gangs of Commorragh boxes as a basis for my army, attempting to focus on hit and run / fast attack tactics but I've no idea how this would work. I just thought it would be a nice contrast to the steady, grinding pace of the Iron Warriors and Death Guard.

The other Idea was to possibly expand into Age of Sigmar but I'm not sure how to go about creating a Vampire Counts / Ghoul King based army.

On a side note I really like your paint style for the Death Guard you're amassing Sarabando.
    Thanks Zach, i have also thought about DE due to the cost of the gang box
    ATM im planning on getting the main Necro box both each gang again and then loads of the terrain.
    I have enough DG stuff to last a while not to mention all my Bolt Action Germans and poles.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Thanks Zach, i have also thought about DE due to the cost of the gang box
    ATM im planning on getting the main Necro box both each gang again and then loads of the terrain.
    I have enough DG stuff to last a while not to mention all my Bolt Action Germans and poles.
    No need to thank me, it's an interesting style which looks fantastic and is different from what I've seen elsewhere.

I picked up Shadow War: Armageddon when that was released and to be honest, except for the lack of gangs, I've found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable replacement for Necromunda. I prefer the fact that I can use my normal 40k models or pick up a squad of whichever faction takes my fancy (assuming rules are available). While I like the looks of the new Necromunda from a board game perspective and the new models look wonderfully detailed, that's as far as my interest goes.

I must admit that I've got plenty of DG stuff myself to be cracking on with, I'm finding that my paint scheme of choice is somewhat laborious in order to bring justice to. This led to the Iron Warriors side project so that I'd have something on the table in a much shorter time scale without sacrificing heavily on quality. In addition to this it doesn't help that I'm still working on my Flames of War army but this has fallen by the way side due to the uptake in Bolt Action locally, personally I'm not a fan of the activation system and I prefer the grander scale which FoW offers.

Another second hand purchase. I had to do a fair bit of repairwork but 50(30 of which are FW) marines for 50€ ain't bad. Wasn't planning on buying anything more in a while but the deal was too good to pass up.
      Spoiler:

I had to do some repairwork, reattaching marines to their bases as the cork they're standing on breaks easily when manhandled like the old owner did), also replaced some chainswords, helmets and shoulder pads as they didn't fit the army. Still need to replace the shoulders off the volkite gang and find a new blade for the champion as the old one was broken.

Puts the Raven Guard project at 104 power armour marines(all beakies!) sofar. Defenatly going to have to stop buying more shit now but I've been fortunate in finding some very good deals and haven't had the willpower to pass them up.

@Sarabando: I assume that's from a game you played. How did it go? How are you liking 8th edition?

GW dropped a little article on what will be in the first chapter approved.

Custom Land Raiders.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-3/

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget