hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215265305312313314315
Results 6,281 to 6,298 of 6298

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Update to the Heroforge 2.0 colour printed minis.

Black Magic Craft gets his mitts on a prototype figure so you can see an example in the wild.

Still expensive as fuck though. Plus they have massively over-achieved their kickstarter goal, which means they'll need to print 1,000s of minis which may cause issues with fulfillment.

Another "wtf am i doing painting this" model starting to come together after a bit of re-priming.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Nice, I like that it it's base coated with grey instead of white. Too much chalky texture and nowhere to highlight up from when you go white basecoat, although I've learned from a great painter on sketching as a method of painting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWojUQsVoKk

Also my first real dive into painting. I took Uncle Atom's advice and did a "commission" for a friend, being pieces from the Batman Talisman game:

I started painting and realized the flower was a flower and not a head of lettuce, but for my first attempt I'm happy with it. It's surprising how much you learn just by painting, and even hours of youtube videos don't automatically make you good at it. At some point I'll get my own minis to paint, but I have plenty of friends with backlogs of minis they play with but want painted.

I'm fiddling with a number of ways to get the base coat down. The answer as always is almost always "Contrast Paints" but which one.
    Space Wolves Grey has a lovely blue hue which collects in the recesses, thinning it down with water and putting a thin coat on the body, then lifting areas with a very very thing white seems to be the way to go, then a 2nd coat around the scales finally picking them out individually with dark blue then highlights really seems to be the way.

Got 2 more to work on tonight, then if i'm happy enough with them on to the rest of the dude, probably with a varnish in between.

That's really neat There is no substitute for getting your brushes dirty!

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Trying out some other 30k legions might do one of each of the 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    I'm fiddling with a number of ways to get the base coat down. The answer as always is almost always "Contrast Paints" but which one.
    Space Wolves Grey has a lovely blue hue which collects in the recesses, thinning it down with water and putting a thin coat on the body, then lifting areas with a very very thing white seems to be the way to go, then a 2nd coat around the scales finally picking them out individually with dark blue then highlights really seems to be the way.

Got 2 more to work on tonight, then if i'm happy enough with them on to the rest of the dude, probably with a varnish in between.

That's really neat There is no substitute for getting your brushes dirty!
    Goobertown has you covered:

Goobertown is a great channel.

Finished all this since the 15th of Jan.
    Last edited by sarabando; February 27 2020 at 07:13:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Finished all this since the 15th of Jan.
    nice and grimdank, i like it. imp fists?

Not sure why the pic wasn't displaying �� but I think it's fixed.

A bit of a photobomb/albumdump here sorry:
    Last night had a comedy 3-way between 'Loads' of Seraphon, not many Orks (sorry, Orruks) and my Stormcast. Seraphon won in the end mainly due to The orruks and stormcast smackign the shit out of each other and leaving him the table.

New Wizard Cavalry - they are amazing.

Round 1 - fight:

There was a unit of Orruks here a minute ago - lets eat some more.

Oops got charged by 2 units.

They ded.

Swinging hammers (they all died)

AoS is definitely a fun distraction from serious Infinity wargaming.

Can anyone suggest some small scale skirmish games to me? My group usually plays In Her Majesty's Name every 2 or 3 weeks but there are so many ways to break it, even accidentally, that it's become ridiculous.
    We'd like to stay away from GW, we prefer something a bit less constricted on what figures work.
    It has to be simple to match some of our players, so Infinity's out. (No offence intended if you're reading this)
    Most of us have AE Bounty but one of the guys says it's very chunky. I didn't ask what he meant, but I think he was referring to the way you choose your options.

I have ordered Rogue Stars & Frostgrave, they should arrive today.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post
    Can anyone suggest some small scale skirmish games to me? My group usually plays In Her Majesty's Name every 2 or 3 weeks but there are so many ways to break it, even accidentally, that it's become ridiculous.
    We'd like to stay away from GW, we prefer something a bit less constricted on what figures work.
    It has to be simple to match some of our players, so Infinity's out. (No offence intended if you're reading this)
    Most of us have AE Bounty but one of the guys says it's very chunky. I didn't ask what he meant, but I think he was referring to the way you choose your options.

I have ordered Rogue Stars & Frostgrave, they should arrive today.
    What about 7TV? its a small scale skirmish game thats based of the idea of 60s/70s TV shows like DR who, Man fron U.N.C.L.E etc Made by Crooked dice.

You also have Chain of Command for ww2.

SAGA for dark ages stuff

Infinity Code One and N4 are due to drop in August. May fit your need, even if the timing is off.

Code One is Infinity Lite and should provide a good casual system and N4 should see a lot more clarity to Infinity proper.

I do recommend Frostgrave though.

Thanks both of you, I have some of the Crooked Dice figures but never even considered their own game. I'll see what I can find out about it.
    I did used to play SAGA back in 1st edition. I still have my Skraelings somewhere. 2nd edition never seemed to catch on around here, though. Sadly a friend of ours was looking forward to using a Norman force with GoT Stark figures but died of cancer before he got the chance. It's been a few years, I'll ask about reviving it. I know one guy wants to use his Welsh.

I'm really liking how Frostgrave sounds as I read through it, so far. One of my players normally hates fantasy but he's been watching the Witcher so there may be an opening.

You can also just use your Saga for Frostgrave.

I'll keep you posted on how Code One looks when it drops.

Needing new brushes, and after consulting with some friends i've bought a mixed pack of Synthetics from here: http://www.abcbrushes.com/shop/00000...-pack-brushes/

They are absolutely fantastic. Really springy, tough in a way that the Sable brushes i'm used to are not, and of course, animal welfare friendly. I've been going through (relatively) crap quality GW and ArmyPainter brushes at a rate of knots recently bulk painting metalics for my stormcast, and this week have done 3 models with one brush, without any noticble damage.

they are ace!

Yea, the best brushes you can have are some cheap synthetics. Aside that a good sable for detail work is all you really need IMO.