hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 308 of 308 FirstFirst ... 208258298305306307308
Results 6,141 to 6,159 of 6159

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Just ordered some Dark Angels Legion heads and a Techmarine in Mk III Armour from ForgeWorld from AliExpress, fingers crossed that they turn up in a week or two. Price is anywhere from 1/3 to better than a 1/4 of FW...

With slight modification, the Techmarine model will become a squad champion for one of my Fallen teams. I'm trying to track down the Space Marine Character Conversion set as well, to fold in the bionics to his squad to make his impact on them more apparent. Besides, if you've been on the run for/up to 10,000 years you'll need someone who knows how to maintain your plasma guns...
    im happy to order one and ship it
    No worries mate, I woke up this morning and found one newly listed, hewn from the finest Chinesium as if at my beckoning.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Just ordered some Dark Angels Legion heads and a Techmarine in Mk III Armour from ForgeWorld from AliExpress, fingers crossed that they turn up in a week or two. Price is anywhere from 1/3 to better than a 1/4 of FW...

With slight modification, the Techmarine model will become a squad champion for one of my Fallen teams. I'm trying to track down the Space Marine Character Conversion set as well, to fold in the bionics to his squad to make his impact on them more apparent. Besides, if you've been on the run for/up to 10,000 years you'll need someone who knows how to maintain your plasma guns...
    im happy to order one and ship it
    No worries mate, I woke up this morning and found one newly listed, hewn from the finest Chinesium as if at my beckoning.
    ok np offers there for any convicts.

I ordered some recast cadian hostile environment troopers to check them against them against my legit FW ones and it was ok but some of the details were lost. My next FW purchase is going to be a Leviathan dread and i want to mimic this pose and have it crawling with daemons

noice

Rules Lawyer question, where it says in the Fallen entry: "The Fallen Champion may replace his boltgun and/or bolt pistol with one item from the Champion Equipment list." now does that "and/or" mean I can replace both his boltgun and bolt pistol with two plasma pistols (one for each item replaced)? It's not absolutely vital, but I'm leaning toward a WYSIWYG army for these guys and am thinking one of the Champions could be modeled on a Legion Moritat.

noice

Rules Lawyer question, where it says in the Fallen entry: "The Fallen Champion may replace his boltgun and/or bolt pistol with one item from the Champion Equipment list." now does that "and/or" mean I can replace both his boltgun and bolt pistol with two plasma pistols (one for each item replaced)? It's not absolutely vital, but I'm leaning toward a WYSIWYG army for these guys and am thinking one of the Champions could be modeled on a Legion Moritat.
    i dont think you can take 2 of the same item unfortunately.

well that figures, JOHN WICK BUT PLASMA would be too cool.

I think I still have the better part of both an old Cadian & Catachan box laying around somewhere, back when I made an aborted attempt at a Gue'vesa styled force. I assembled two squads before losing interest, now I'm thinking ... Renegades & Heretics.

Tomorrow, I'll dump them all into a vat of simple green to loosen them up and reduce them back to their constituent parts. I know GW/FW deep-sixed almost the whole range but there's still a few on AliExpress for okay prices and I'm already contemplating Bestigor heavy weapon teams...

well that figures, JOHN WICK BUT PLASMA would be too cool.

I think I still have the better part of both an old Cadian & Catachan box laying around somewhere, back when I made an aborted attempt at a Gue'vesa styled force. I assembled two squads before losing interest, now I'm thinking ... Renegades & Heretics.

Tomorrow, I'll dump them all into a vat of simple green to loosen them up and reduce them back to their constituent parts. I know GW/FW deep-sixed almost the whole range but there's still a few on AliExpress for okay prices and I'm already contemplating Bestigor heavy weapon teams...
    Moriats are great but never run 2 PP you use 1 of each and run the volkite until the shots run out then shot the PP because if you start with the PP and it gets hot then shooting ends.

noice

Rules lawyer mode, the reads as:
    "May chose to remove boltgun, bolt pistol, or both, if you chose any of these, you must replace them with 1 item from the champion equipment list".
    Its shitty, but has been clarified on many similar instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    noice

Rules lawyer mode, the reads as:
    "May chose to remove boltgun, bolt pistol, or both, if you chose any of these, you must replace them with 1 item from the champion equipment list".
    Its shitty, but has been clarified on many similar instances.
    The way I read that rule, even if you remove both weapons, you only get to take one choice from the list. Are there rules that some items need two hands, because that would make sense? (I haven't played since 3rd ed)
    meh

Well, the DA heads & the MK III Techmarine arrived in the post today. Very impressed by the quality, very little clean-up necessary by way of flash or lines. Once the rest turns up, hopefully in the next few days, I'll do clean up all at once then wash it all down so it's ready to meet the plastics. Then photos!

finished my latest addition to the horde

n i c e

dat sneaky beaky

~ also having committed myself to pursuing a Renegades & Heretics army list I'm half thrilled/terrified in equal measure to see the new Blackstone Fortress boxed game set with a bunch of new models/units - all with data cards to play in regular 40K games.

Of particular interest for CSM/R&H

'Obsidius Mallex', Chaos Lord; Chaos Lord with a Thunder Hammer *orgasms in chaos*

2 Chaos Space Marines; I haven't seen the card for these guys yet or know if they have any special role but cool sculpts anyway - can always blend them in with my other dudes. Apparently, slightly bigger than regular CSM more in line size-wise with the new Tall Marines. Fake Edit I just found their datacard and it's pretty lame so I might fold these guys in with my DV Chosen.

4 Chaos Beastmen; basically something I was going to convert from Ungors, Gors or Bestigors anyway so nice, nice.

4 Negavolt Cultists; not sure what to do with these guys 'cause I need to see their card to understand their role and whether they're worth using.

2 Rogue Psykers; two new freaking cool sculpts and when combined with the two older resin rogue psykers and a third guy I'll probably convert from a Fantasy Chaos Sorcerer Lord should make for a sweet coven.

~ and 14 Traitor Guardsmen. Two of each sculpt, making up two troop squads by themselves. Good for cbf painting horde troops. Pretty versatile designs. Quite a few have respirators so could tie in nicely with the older Renegades sculpts too to bulk out R&H militia squads. In terms of points there has been whining about them costing a point more per figure than regular Guard, but as far as I can see it's down to the price of the flamer being built-in to them, since all their gear is mandated not selected from lists/optioned.

What I'm really curious about now is whether they'll either 1) release a new doc for Traitors, combining old R&H with new models or 2) lave things as they are, since both these new guys and R&H share the Chaos keyword anyway. I figure option is probably pretty unlikely with them removing R&H from ForgeWorld a few months ago, but that doesn't stop a tiny part of me being hopeful it's cause they'll do the faction in plastic. Eh, we'll see. I'm not REALLY worried either way, since I'm only buying sculpts I like and don't really care about being super min-max on the table.

The struggle now is finding two hundred twenty dollaroos to buy the box just so I can break it up. I'm still waiting for my DA to sell, if they pop off in the next week or two I might put my Fallen project on hold to grab these while they're still available. I'd wager the Imperial models should sell well enough broken up.

EDIT: now thinking maybe Elysian Drop Troops sniper team bodies with Catachan heads for my Marauder sniper teams.

EDIT EDIT: oooh, or maybe Van Saar body suits, Catachan heads & Elysian rifles with drilled out & extended barrels.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: fuck GW/FW by the way, I'm pretty certain that even though I can take Arvus Lighters for R&H I can't actually transport any of my fucking troops in them cause they don't have the Astra Militarum keyword for my infantry. What's the fucking point of them, then? Fucking fuckers. I was going to style them like Huey's and use them to deploy my Marauders. Well that idea is probably fucked.
    Last edited by Sparq; November 14 2018 at 03:34:52 PM.

just run them as AM and use all the toys.

my current project.

That's some tight looking conversion work friendo

Did you drill & pin the scythe?

I'm looking to get into wargaming 'n' stuff and I looked up some local clubs. Apparently they take new members. Any starting reading points that I could go to or should I just wing it and ask retarded questions every time I attend?
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm looking to get into wargaming 'n' stuff and I looked up some local clubs. Apparently they take new members. Any starting reading points that I could go to or should I just wing it and ask retarded questions every time I attend?
    Which game is greatly going to affect what that experience is like, but it doesn't have to be super groggy, nor does it require high model counts to get into.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Which game is greatly going to affect what that experience is like, but it doesn't have to be super groggy, nor does it require high model counts to get into.
    In my experience, most groups of wargamers are pretty good about explaining their hobby to interested newbies. We know that they're often complicated and so expect new players to have lots of questions.

As long as you avoid That Guy that takes a game with a newbie as an opportunity to test just how decisively he can club a seal, you should be good.

I'm also interested to hear which game you're looking at, even if I can't offer any advice.

I think I'll just show up at a meeting of the local club, they seem to have a playlist and I'll just enquire on what exactly is playing and see what fits my interests/skills best. Will report back :3
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.