hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 319 of 319 FirstFirst ... 219269309316317318319
Results 6,361 to 6,378 of 6378

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

  1. #6361

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    I’m looking for a suggestion for a Lazy Susan for board games. Most of the games uses miniatures. So I was hoping for quality spinning that won’t cause them to move/fall over. Something that is 4’ in diameter would be nice. We usually have 5-6 people playing.

    Thanks.
    Try looking on sites that sell crokinole boards.

  2. #6362

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    asleep
    Posts
    7,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    What sparked that visit was some unrelated Aliexpress shopping that suggested I buy the new Illuminor Szeras sculpt, which I am almost tempted to do since 1) it's 17% cheaper than GW Aus (and out of stock there currently) and 2) I'm fascinated to find out whether it's a plastic sprue they're selling and not a resin re-cast of the sprue. Shenanigans at the Manufactory? However, I'm not currently planning to collect Necrons, I just want the Warden to paint. So I'll resist.
    I am pathologically opposed to buying fake internet shit for wargaming, please don't encourage them.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

  3. #6363
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    10,025
    Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    What sparked that visit was some unrelated Aliexpress shopping that suggested I buy the new Illuminor Szeras sculpt, which I am almost tempted to do since 1) it's 17% cheaper than GW Aus (and out of stock there currently) and 2) I'm fascinated to find out whether it's a plastic sprue they're selling and not a resin re-cast of the sprue. Shenanigans at the Manufactory? However, I'm not currently planning to collect Necrons, I just want the Warden to paint. So I'll resist.
    I am pathologically opposed to buying fake internet shit for wargaming, please don't encourage them.
    I just bought Cypher for $11.99 my 10,000 years of hate for GW knows no et cetera

    EDIT: so I wasn't going to do it BUT, I saw someone was selling the Necrons from the new 'Command Edition' starter box for $65 (AUD) so I picked them up. Ostensibly to paint but possibly Spaztick infected me and I'm actually developing a Necron army for when it's safe to go outside again. Who can say... but I estimate the models costing north of $150 if I bought them individually later, so I'm assuaging my guilt for impulse purchasing with the spend-thrift factor.

    FAKE EDIT: sure would be fuckin' nice for GW to ever have a the technical paints I want in stock at the same time as each other. I swear it's a curse on me for buying re-casts.
    Last edited by Sparq; September 15 2020 at 07:12:59 AM.

  4. #6364
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,692
    Let me tempt Sparq to build necrons with my army shot:

    Last edited by Spaztick; September 19 2020 at 10:42:30 PM.

  5. #6365
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,548
    Nice, i wouldn't have thought yellow and teal would pop, but your scarabs look great.

  6. #6366
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    10,025
    Those look great, you piece of shit

    Well now I've got 20 warriors, 6 scarab bases, the 3 skorpekhs and their little plasmacyte buddy, the warden & new overlord.

    Taking a punt at another overlord (the plastic one with the scythe & orb) on eBay & just pulled the trigger on a plasmancer & 'thralls for $45 (inc. post) on the justification a plastic Cryptek costs $55. I do think it's cool all the Cryptek variants seems to be getting their own models now.

    So yeah, I guess I've been fully necrodermis-pilled.

    EDIT: now up to 30 warriors & 9 bases...

    EDIT 2: 40 & 12... and stopping there, lol.

    I swore I'd never paint this many fucking warriors again ~

      Spoiler:


    ^ me to myself


    Subtracting postage, that last lot of 'crons was only $27 AUD. People moderately desperate to unload the other halves of their boxes I guess, on account of tHe EcOnOmY
    Last edited by Sparq; September 26 2020 at 05:29:12 PM.

  7. #6367
    Donor Shiodome's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    I am a white male.
    Posts
    5,548
    hey now, let's all just take a step back and acknowledge Necron troops are the easy mode of 40k bulk painting, so I'll have none of your complaining Mr Sparq. We should all take a moment to be thankful we're not the kind of idiot to collect an infantry guard army.

  8. #6368
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,692
    I have achieved creamy blends. I am ascended to another plane of existence.


  9. #6369
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    On a Bote
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    hey now, let's all just take a step back and acknowledge Necron troops are the easy mode of 40k bulk painting, so I'll have none of your complaining Mr Sparq. We should all take a moment to be thankful we're not the kind of idiot to collect an infantry guard army.
    Press F in my general direction.

  10. #6370
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    10,025
    ouch

    though come to think on it, I've only ever seen one instance of a guard infantry army played at the FLGS

  11. #6371
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,839
    I hate the cadian models most of all because of their blandness and those stupid baby heads they have. Even the resin aspect warriors look better than them

  12. #6372
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    On a Bote
    Posts
    5,963
    You can give guardsmen a lot of character with some work, and theres so many you can get away with limited painting quality a lot better as people will only focus on the models with the interesting stories, which is important, as I'm a shit painter.

  13. #6373

    Join Date
    February 2, 2012
    Posts
    443
    I haven't touched my guard in years. Here's about 2/3 of them. Much more character than the Cadians GW peddle these days.
    They're some of the first figures I painted.
    I last used them for 30K as the Guard-equivalent that fought with my other army, pre-heresy Thousand Sons, were described as having white helmets, red jackets, and gold epaulets. Sadly my regular opponent for that died a few years ago & they've been in my case ever since.

  14. #6374
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    You can give guardsmen a lot of character with some work, and theres so many you can get away with limited painting quality a lot better as people will only focus on the models with the interesting stories, which is important, as I'm a shit painter.
    what if you want every model to be interesting

  15. #6375
    Nobody_Holme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    On a Bote
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody_Holme View Post
    You can give guardsmen a lot of character with some work, and theres so many you can get away with limited painting quality a lot better as people will only focus on the models with the interesting stories, which is important, as I'm a shit painter.
    what if you want every model to be interesting
    Kill yo'self if you play guard. Or go tonks

  16. #6376
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    10,692
    IG parking lot is the new meta anyway

  17. #6377
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    15,650
    I always wanted a pure tank army. But since I prefer fluff over usefulness, I'd love to field an AA gun battery, so Hydras only.

    CBA to paint that stuff, so it's not going to happen. But the idea keeps coming back.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  18. #6378
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    10,025
    Dominus WIP

      Spoiler:





    Still needs some clean-up and addition of little details. Can't find my clippers anywhere so had to saw everything off the sprue with a scalpel. Don't want to do that again, popping down to the hardware store tomorrow to rectify.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •