hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 320 of 320 FirstFirst ... 220270310317318319320
Results 6,381 to 6,387 of 6387

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Talking brushes, i can totally recomend getting some 'cheap' syntheitc brushes like the "3 of each" set from here.
    http://www.abcbrushes.com/shop/00000...-pack-brushes/

They are so much better than cheap Sable brushes, and far cheaper than decent sable brushes and a lot sturdier too.
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

Get a good lamp to work under and a stand with a magnifying glass and adjustable grippers is always useful.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    I've been using Hero Forge today to design some miniatures. It's very powerful and the rates are very reasonable. The previews alone are great.

Spoiler:

But before I commit to buying something, are there alternatives to Hero Forge?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    I've been using Hero Forge today to design some miniatures. It's very powerful and the rates are very reasonable. The previews alone are great.

Spoiler:

There are a couple that have popped up in the 3d printing groups I'm in. Hero Forge is the only one anyone seems to have actually used & I've never used any of the myself, though I am tempted by a small force of bit-titted snake ladies.

Theres Eldritch Foundry and Desktop Hero but Hero Forge seems to be the main go to.
    There was once another one but people realised that you could right-click & save-as to download their entire inventory so they didn't last long.

Sadly I only have an FDM printer, not one of those fancy resin ones so I mainly stick to scenery-related items.

Quote Originally Posted by Netjerenbau View Post

Spoiler:

There are a couple that have popped up in the 3d printing groups I'm in. Hero Forge is the only one anyone seems to have actually used & I've never used any of the myself, though I am tempted by a small force of bit-titted snake ladies.

Theres Eldritch Foundry and Desktop Hero but Hero Forge seems to be the main go to.
    There was once another one but people realised that you could right-click & save-as to download their entire inventory so they didn't last long.

Sadly I only have an FDM printer, not one of those fancy resin ones so I mainly stick to scenery-related items.
    I've used Heroforge, but only to design and model and then buy the stl to print it myself, usually during their black friday sale when the stl is $4 instead of $8. I've been satisfied with the results.

Also, you can get damned good quality minis from an FDM printer if you're willing to do a couple things:

- take the time to dial in your settings, make sure your belts are taut, etc.
    - slow it the fuck down.
    - experiment with supports because you're gonna have some failures

By slowing the print speed on my Ender 3 down to 10mm/s for the outer layers (faster for the infil) I've gotten tabletop quality prints. The resin printer does even better (and those things are down to $200) but FDM can definitely hold its own. And the cost of filament is something like 1/10 that of resin. The resin cost of a mini is usually measured in nickels, dimes, quarters for the larger ones. The filament cost is measured in pennies.

I've been meaning to get off my arse and upload pictures at some point. let me see what I can do about that.
    Quarantined and loving life.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

Spoiler:

I've used Heroforge, but only to design and model and then buy the stl to print it myself, usually during their black friday sale when the stl is $4 instead of $8. I've been satisfied with the results.

Also, you can get damned good quality minis from an FDM printer if you're willing to do a couple things:

- take the time to dial in your settings, make sure your belts are taut, etc.
    - slow it the fuck down.
    - experiment with supports because you're gonna have some failures

By slowing the print speed on my Ender 3 down to 10mm/s for the outer layers (faster for the infil) I've gotten tabletop quality prints. The resin printer does even better (and those things are down to $200) but FDM can definitely hold its own. And the cost of filament is something like 1/10 that of resin. The resin cost of a mini is usually measured in nickels, dimes, quarters for the larger ones. The filament cost is measured in pennies.

I've been meaning to get off my arse and upload pictures at some point. let me see what I can do about that.
    Oh I have printed figures. I printed a whole 15mm tank army over winter that I still need to undercoat once the weather's up to it.
    The first figure I did I left the default support options on. The figure was in there somewhere but there was nothing I could do to get that thing out of there. I think I've learned a lot since then.

The first figure I did I left the default support options on. The figure was in there somewhere but there was nothing I could do to get that thing out of there. I think I've learned a lot since then.
    I feel that. I ended up experimenting with a host of different tools for removing supports without breaking stuff. Eventually settled on flush cutters and the small but sturdy metal hook that came with a cheap soldering iron.
    Quarantined and loving life.