hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 316 of 318 FirstFirst ... 216266306313314315316317318 LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,320 of 6344

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

So I just stumbled over this as well on r/grimdank and apparently there are more details to this which I ofc don't want to keep from you

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

The prettiest Primaris
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Something different. Zombicide miniatures are pretty popular to paint and my sister had a box of the game that I took to paint. I started with just the player characters but I'll eventually move on to painting the zombies for some batch painting practice. For now I wanted to get practice in detail painting individual unique characters in preparation for my own models for WH.

Spoiler:

They appear to be resin casts. Mold lines were really well hidden and I only had to scrape a little bit away from the big zombie and one of the characters, although after I started painting I noticed them but these won't have to have as much scrutiny as a tabletop game would.

Spoiler:

My first attempt went okay, but the freehand was pretty weak. The washes I made were terrible; I added too much water and not enough medium so the paint ended up blotchy and looked more like dirt or water color stains.

Spoiler:

The faces are the weakest part of the models by far and what needs the most improving, but the improvement is noticeable. Left to right were my 1st 2nd 3rd attempts with noticeable improvements overall to everything. I'm rather happy with the policeman's face, it shows real emotion and kind of reminds me of Paul Harell. You can see the model isn't done yet with some cleanup to do on the base and gun (already done but I didn't retake a photo), but it already looks much better than the other two.

Also slightly related: dice and probabilities. I did my own experimentation with my dice, rolling my dice all at once into my dice tray and seeing if my dice were fair. Koplow dice, 12mm, with sharp (not rounded corners).

Research online suggests the rounded corners of a lot of dice make rolling more unfair and the bigger difference is not the drilled out pips (which do affect mass) but that the bigger factor is if the corners are rounded or sharp. 24 rolls of 36 dice for 864 total rolls and the results:

Dice seem to be pretty fair, if not slightly biased to 2s and 5s and slightly biased against 6s but could go back to the average 16.6% if I rolled more. This is also how I would be rolling dice in a game, into my dice tray. Results might vary if I were rolling on a mat or bare tabletop or your mom's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Also slightly related: dice and probabilities. I did my own experimentation with my dice, rolling my dice all at once into my dice tray and seeing if my dice were fair. Koplow dice, 12mm, with sharp (not rounded corners).

Research online suggests the rounded corners of a lot of dice make rolling more unfair and the bigger difference is not the drilled out pips (which do affect mass) but that the bigger factor is if the corners are rounded or sharp. 24 rolls of 36 dice for 864 total rolls and the results:

Dice seem to be pretty fair, if not slightly biased to 2s and 5s and slightly biased against 6s but could go back to the average 16.6% if I rolled more. This is also how I would be rolling dice in a game, into my dice tray. Results might vary if I were rolling on a mat or bare tabletop or your mom's ass.
    Your next challenge. find some actual fixed dice and see the functional outcome. Then mix them into a set of non-fixed and see how hard it would be to see the outcomes shifting from the other side of those dice.

D20 based games are better

On which note, Infinity Code One (more streamlined, less complex new version of Infinity) releases on Monday. Am excite.

https://youtu.be/AIfw2CCUk18

oh god oh fuck what have i done

Crack cocaine.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

bought the wrong army

:nurgle:

Was gona ask if you'd be interested in my old necron army, but then I noticed the dollar sign on the tag.
    Oh well.

I honestly haven't played them since GW changed their fluff from propper lovecraftian "unknown ancient terror that makes explorers send blairwitchy found footage documentaries with bad endings" to "toomb kings in space. Now friendly chaps who like to trade and shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Was gona ask if you'd be interested in my old necron army, but then I noticed the dollar sign on the tag.
    Oh well.

I honestly haven't played them since GW changed their fluff from propper lovecraftian "unknown ancient terror that makes explorers send blairwitchy found footage documentaries with bad endings" to "toomb kings in space. Now friendly chaps who like to trade and shit."
    I'm hoping PA and Szeras and Silent King updates make them a little more intimidating. Right now they're robot mummies in space.

The price tag on the box is retail, but I got my usual FLGS discount so I actually got it for way less.

First warrior is built and almost painted to completion. I need some final highlights and decide on my base. The color scheme I want to go for imitates the infrared coloring of the helix nebula/eye of god, so a red and blueish green scheme that seems appropriate for Necrons:

I don't like how the metallic paints make the models look grainy in photos, but I'll take it since they look better in person and I don't want to attempt NMM stuff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Crack cocaine.

Tapapapatalk
    Truth here.
    In jan I started building Stormcasts for AOS. They are now everywhere.
    The fuckers breed!
    Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

I've been wanting to try AoS and I have friends who have armies, so I'm gonna build my 40k necrons and bum armies for pokey swords and arrows.

AOS is great.

Wanna play on TTS ? i will totally fite U

Quote Originally Posted by Itiken View Post
    AOS is great.

Wanna play on TTS ? i will totally fite U
    I'll have to get TTS but sure.

First ever skellyboi is done, next is basing:

Not satisfied with the work. The picture doesn't show the nice subtle shading on the joints and I rushed the wash on the blade and edge highlighting is uneven on the gun, but I'm pleased overall how it looked and I like the color scheme of shaded metallic paint.

That looks lit

I’m sort of surprised at how little surface detail there is on those.

And don’t sweat the work, you’ll get better with each one you do.

Test scheme for my eldar repaint:

Wip marines:

I'm not sure if the white works for me though. Maybe I'll just do dark red and a gold trim

I think the white and red work, but I am a fan of dark reds, burgandies, etc on shiny spaceships.

Behold, the junk desk:

Spoiler:

You might be thinking "Wow Spaz are you really recasting stuff? Don't you know GW might find out and sue you?" and the answer is no, I am not recasting. Silicone and legos and my new necron box are just coincidentally together on the junk table. This is not my painting table either.

But if I were to try recasting I would be terrible at it. I'm imagining myself unable to get the silicone right and having it gum up and refuse to cure because my clay has sulfides in it and no amount of mold release will shield the silicone from it or I wouldn't get the glycerin amount right or unable to layer the silicone properly without it, and results would be less than optimal:

Spoiler:

Out of what I would guess is 50 bucks worth of stuff, any successful results would be minimal and not worth the effort:

Spoiler:

No I think I'll just order some blue stuff and epoxy putty instead.

Casting small parts without pressure is hard.

I used to use a small pressure vessel to pressurize my molds and it helped quite a bit.

You might also try something other than silicone for mold making, there are other RTV products that don’t have the failure-to-cure problem.