hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 307 of 308 FirstFirst ... 207257297304305306307308 LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,140 of 6141

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Finished my 1:72 Iskander-M (SS-26 Stone):

more: https://imgur.com/gallery/Yp3YVMh

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    thread must not dieeee.

Does anyone have a link to:

1. WH40K 8th edition rules,
    2. the Codex: Chaos Space Marines &
    3. Gathering Storm: Rise of the Primarch

~ as I recently unearthed a Dark Vengeance box I completely forgot I still had, and am going to soonTM paint up the Crimson Slaughter half of it and hock off the Derp Angles... except I'm tempted to use the money raised to buy some Mark IV armor marines & the Fallen bits to knock together a unit or two of Fallen to join them 'cause having read some of the fluff it appeals to my own sense of Grimdark to shove the two together and I've since learnt they're supported now in the CSM codex? ?? ???

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post

~ as I recently unearthed a Dark Vengeance box I completely forgot I still had, and am going to soonTM paint up the Crimson Slaughter half of it and hock off the Derp Angles... except I'm tempted to use the money raised to buy some Mark IV armor marines & the Fallen bits to knock together a unit or two of Fallen to join them 'cause having read some of the fluff it appeals to my own sense of Grimdark to shove the two together and I've since learnt they're supported now in the CSM codex? ?? ???
    Fallen are a unit in the CSM codex. I have both the Rule Book and the Codex, but only in print.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Fallen are a unit in the CSM codex. I have both the Rule Book and the Codex, but only in print.
    Cheers. I suspected they were in the Codex but other sources I saw kept referring to the RoP book and I was hopeful that was at most just scenarios/fluff, otherwise I'd need to track down a 3rd thing.

Nobody I know plays anymore, so if anyone does have a PDF of the other two please slide into my DMs. Not sure if I really want to get back into it to be honest, but it would make a good side project over Christmas to finally finish off my army...

Rise of the Primarch was still 7th Ed I believe.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Cancelling my earlier request. I haven't come to my senses or anything (plans for Fallen war-band is still a Go) but rather I remembered to go look under the right rock to find all the books I need...

Man, been catching up on GW products and now really tempted to grab the Start Collecting Mechanicus box but holy fuck balls are the rest of the Mechanicus models pricey, she-it! I'm absolutely loving the detail on the new plastics but those prices sure are something - maybe it's the traditional Australia tax GW likes to apply but I just can't justify paying those now... might still get them just cause they're real fancy figures that would be cool to paint & sell off the Onager that comes with.

It has been ages since I painted so the plan is Fallen as a warm-up, fancy Chaos Chosen models then Mechanicus for the main event? Buying as soon as I hock my Derp Angle sprues, will try to keep a photo log.

Australia?

You are getting ripped off even more than the rest of the world.
    nevar forget

Yeah we usually get a bum deal on most things, but on GW especially. Back when our Dolla-roo wasn't totally in the toilet I'd order stuff from a little setup called Doc's Discount Games Store in the US of A, but it looks like they dried up and blew away in March this year so I'm probably shit out of luck now and back to paying these local prices...

As things stand, buying locally the "Fallen" box is $41, the Mark IV Spaces Marines are $85 and depending on how crazed I am on the day I pull the trigger on this, there's a Dark Angels Upgrade Pack for another $22.

So that's $148 total, or a hair under a ten spot per model. Oh, and Cypher is $55 by himself.

IIRC GW cracked down on non-Australian stores selling to Australia.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Australia?

You are getting ripped off even more than the rest of the world.
    Australia Wargamers Buy Sell Swap Facebook group. Still pricey AF but better.

Or start playing Infinity, 'you only need 10 models'

(Seriously though PM me, I'll be able to put you in contact with your local meta).

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

... this is A Trap.

One I have already fallen for

I've tried it but ... it just doesn't gel for me? I played Shasvastii though and I hear they're getting a re-work soonTM so I might have another crack then, or just sell'em at last.

I HAVE LISTED MY DARK ANGELS.

Now We Wait.

Or start playing Infinity, 'you only need 10 models
    meh

... this is A Trap.

One I have already fallen for

I've tried it but ... it just doesn't gel for me? I played Shasvastii though and I hear they're getting a re-work soonTM so I might have another crack then, or just sell'em at last.

I HAVE LISTED MY DARK ANGELS.

Now We Wait.
    Shasvastii are a bit weird, might have been best off with vanilla CA or one of the other sectorials. The rework is supposed to happen, but they said that for French Ariadna and they got discontinued. One of the resent videos from CB mentioned that they will have a 'rolling release schedule' since the Acontecimento also got discontinued too, so who knows.

WoT EU: Mortalitis

Basically, this ^

Shas is weird. If you still have the models then Onyx or Vanilla CA is solid. They're both more well rounded.

I have a Yu Jing force I may be willing to sell depending on what Invincible Army (newly released Heavy Infintry focussed Yu Jing sectorial) looks like. Should know one way or another by the end of November.

Hey fhc I'm not very active here these days but I figured I'd ask.

I'm building a librarian for my 30k Raven Guard and I'd like him to shoot an ravenshapef mind bullet... witchcraft thing.

Any idea where to find a suitably sized bird mini with an in-flight pose that could pass as a raven? I'd like an alternative to the razorwing flock.
    Last edited by Zeppelin; October 18 2018 at 11:26:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Hey fhc I'm not very active here these days but I figured I'd ask. I'm building a librarian for my 30k raven guard and I'd like him to shoot an actual raven as his mind bullet witchcraft thing but I have no idea where to find a suitably sized bird mini that isn't a DE razor wing flock. Any ideas?
    There is a war machine model called lord of the feast. He has a raven taking flight. Privateer sell parts. Might not be worth shipping or whatever, but there you go.

https://store.privateerpress.com/gam...he-feast-raven
    Last edited by erichkknaar; October 18 2018 at 11:32:22 PM.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    Hey fhc I'm not very active here these days but I figured I'd ask.

I'm building a librarian for my 30k Raven Guard and I'd like him to shoot an ravenshapef mind bullet... witchcraft thing.

Any idea where to find a suitably sized bird mini with an in-flight pose that could pass as a raven? I'd like an alternative to the razorwing flock.
    Crow masters for Frostgrave use them, so there's plenty around non-GW.

Northstar Military Figures:

http://www.sascha-herm.com/Frostgrave05a.jpg

http://www.nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGR...iles/10797.png

Just ordered some Dark Angels Legion heads and a Techmarine in Mk III Armour from ForgeWorld from AliExpress, fingers crossed that they turn up in a week or two. Price is anywhere from 1/3 to better than a 1/4 of FW...

With slight modification, the Techmarine model will become a squad champion for one of my Fallen teams. I'm trying to track down the Space Marine Character Conversion set as well, to fold in the bionics to his squad to make his impact on them more apparent. Besides, if you've been on the run for/up to 10,000 years you'll need someone who knows how to maintain your plasma guns...

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Just ordered some Dark Angels Legion heads and a Techmarine in Mk III Armour from ForgeWorld from AliExpress, fingers crossed that they turn up in a week or two. Price is anywhere from 1/3 to better than a 1/4 of FW...

With slight modification, the Techmarine model will become a squad champion for one of my Fallen teams. I'm trying to track down the Space Marine Character Conversion set as well, to fold in the bionics to his squad to make his impact on them more apparent. Besides, if you've been on the run for/up to 10,000 years you'll need someone who knows how to maintain your plasma guns...
    im happy to order one and ship it