hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 312 of 312 FirstFirst ... 212262302309310311312
Results 6,221 to 6,235 of 6235

Thread: Wargaming/Painting/Modelling

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Chinacast turned up yesterday, that was quick! Quality is excellent. Going into the city tomorrow to pick-up Fallen and the shed should arrive Monday which is not 100% ideal since semester begins the same day but HOPEFULLY by the end of the week I'll be basically setup to hobby again.

This was in the Guardian in January, 'Heroin for middle-class nerds’: how Warhammer conquered gaming'
    who did you order from?
    also new Abaddon mini juyst droped and hes a chunky boi.
    Sorry mate I only just checked in again and saw this! I ordered from wartablegames.com - ships quickly from the deepest darkest Orient. Quality has been excellent on everything. They have a bunch of stuff you can't get anymore, too. Looking at a MK II heavy weapon team right now, for example. Recasting being somewhat less than wholly reliable at the best of times, this store the only reason I might functionally get into 30K at some point. They don't have it all but they have a decent selection.

I also just grabbed a set of 5 DA chests to intermix with the Mk IV chaps, since I'm going to mix in the back packs from the DA Veterans in with them. Five fancy chest upgrade guys get a MK IV pack, other 5 regular chest dudes get a fancy DA pack from the Vets pack, then the Vets guys get the remaining IV packs - this should give me 15 fairly individual looking figures that all appear to blend together from the same period. The Vets have a 6th fancy pack going to my Moritat-as-DA Praetor/Sergeant dude. Pretty chuffed with how they should all turn out once I can work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    New csm hnnnnnnnggh
    Yes! I think the new models really do them proud. I lament how frightfully expensive it is here to buy 40K now, or I'd go back to expanding on my Crimson Slaughter. Hell, if conditions were what they were less than 5 years ago I'd go all-in on these guys. They just look fantastic, regular CSM troopers & Havocs especially.

That being said, as things stand economically I'm gradually convincing myself I can afford a Start Collecting! box of Mechanicus later in the year. I finally caved and grabbed an individual UR-025 figure from Blackstone Fortress via eBay and plan to slice & dice him into a Dominus. I may currently be reading Priests/Lords/Gods of Mars trilogy.

If I want to expand them I can buy a second box (and then sell both regular Dominus...suses...es) since at $165 per box for $318 RRP of models gives me enough leeway to perform the necessary mental gymnastics to convince myself I'm not still being thoroughly shafted.

I don't really play 40k anylonger - 8th edition didn't really get a warm reception around these parts since we're mostly just a bunch of bittervets still reminiscing about the good old days of WHFB 6th edition. There's an active Mordeim scene though which is a lot of fun. There's also a fairly large group of 30k players.

But damn. I've been waiting for a new box of plain old regular CSM for 18 years and despite probably not getting a chance to field them anytime soon, I'm struggling to keep myself from ordering as many boxes of them as I can afford. I suppose I could use them as 30k Word Bearers from the later part of the Heresy or something?

Someday Eldar will get plastic Aspect warriors

I like 8th more than any of the older editions I played. But it does have stupid concealment rules (see a guy's foot? blast the whole squad!) and a 3+ armor save feels like the 5+ of older editions

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Chinacast turned up yesterday, that was quick! Quality is excellent. Going into the city tomorrow to pick-up Fallen and the shed should arrive Monday which is not 100% ideal since semester begins the same day but HOPEFULLY by the end of the week I'll be basically setup to hobby again.

This was in the Guardian in January, 'Heroin for middle-class nerds’: how Warhammer conquered gaming'
    who did you order from?
    also new Abaddon mini juyst droped and hes a chunky boi.
    Sorry mate I only just checked in again and saw this! I ordered from wartablegames.com - ships quickly from the deepest darkest Orient. Quality has been excellent on everything. They have a bunch of stuff you can't get anymore, too. Looking at a MK II heavy weapon team right now, for example. Recasting being somewhat less than wholly reliable at the best of times, this store the only reason I might functionally get into 30K at some point. They don't have it all but they have a decent selection.

I also just grabbed a set of 5 DA chests to intermix with the Mk IV chaps, since I'm going to mix in the back packs from the DA Veterans in with them. Five fancy chest upgrade guys get a MK IV pack, other 5 regular chest dudes get a fancy DA pack from the Vets pack, then the Vets guys get the remaining IV packs - this should give me 15 fairly individual looking figures that all appear to blend together from the same period. The Vets have a 6th fancy pack going to my Moritat-as-DA Praetor/Sergeant dude. Pretty chuffed with how they should all turn out once I can work on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
    New csm hnnnnnnnggh
    Yes! I think the new models really do them proud. I lament how frightfully expensive it is here to buy 40K now, or I'd go back to expanding on my Crimson Slaughter. Hell, if conditions were what they were less than 5 years ago I'd go all-in on these guys. They just look fantastic, regular CSM troopers & Havocs especially.

That being said, as things stand economically I'm gradually convincing myself I can afford a Start Collecting! box of Mechanicus later in the year. I finally caved and grabbed an individual UR-025 figure from Blackstone Fortress via eBay and plan to slice & dice him into a Dominus. I may currently be reading Priests/Lords/Gods of Mars trilogy.

If I want to expand them I can buy a second box (and then sell both regular Dominus...suses...es) since at $165 per box for $318 RRP of models gives me enough leeway to perform the necessary mental gymnastics to convince myself I'm not still being thoroughly shafted.

mate seeing how Aus gets fucked is a regular on the outercircle's vids (which are ace) even here in the UK i can't justify buying most kits even at the 25% off i get at a 3rd party retailer, let alone anything from FW.

New GW paints should be out by June 15th one coat wunder paints.

So this is a bit random, but I have a question. I'm after a pretty specific thing and I can't for the life of me find anything useful online.

My boss paints miniatures and dioramas as a hobby. It's his 40th coming up and my team are getting him a present. His current project is nature dioramas - specifically ducks and similar animals - using 15mm miniatures. Try as I might, I can't find anything like this online. I've found a few sites that do really shit-looking lead scenery-type miniatures of this size, but nothing that really looks any good. He won a prize for one of his dioramas recently, so he must have a source of half-decent, unpainted miniatures - but god knows where he gets them from, and finding out is proving tricky.

Any of you folks know any websites where I might be able to find such things?

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    So this is a bit random, but I have a question. I'm after a pretty specific thing and I can't for the life of me find anything useful online.

My boss paints miniatures and dioramas as a hobby. It's his 40th coming up and my team are getting him a present. His current project is nature dioramas - specifically ducks and similar animals - using 15mm miniatures. Try as I might, I can't find anything like this online. I've found a few sites that do really shit-looking lead scenery-type miniatures of this size, but nothing that really looks any good. He won a prize for one of his dioramas recently, so he must have a source of half-decent, unpainted miniatures - but god knows where he gets them from, and finding out is proving tricky.

Any of you folks know any websites where I might be able to find such things?
    The world of model train scenics awaits you...

But no seriously, the model train dudes are way fucking nerdier about scale modelling than wargamers, and they have like, almost infinite terrain and scenery.

https://woodlandscenics.woodlandscen...HOScaleFigures

HO is close as to 15mm and should work fine.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; July 22 2019 at 03:46:46 PM.
    meh

That looks like a good starting point - thanks!

Model trains also make GW costs seem like pennies.

Pretty much finished my latest model a KV1/2

Any of you guys playing Aresteia?

I'm really enjoying it as a less intense break from playing Infinity. Really excellent Tabletop Simulator tournament. If anyone is interested in a demo, hit me up and I'll happily do it.

Pretty much finished my latest model a KV1/2
    Wow, awesome. Mud especially. I would use some shade of gray for hull weathering tho. White looks weird, almost snowlike but buildup is not realistic and in wrong places.

remains of a washable winter camo should look something like that

That makes sense. 100% awesome then.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    remains of a washable winter camo should look something like that
    That's what it is I should have said XD