hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1098 of 1099 FirstFirst ... 985989981048108810951096109710981099 LastLast
Results 21,941 to 21,960 of 21968

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

I'm eager to watch China invade in 20 years or so.

Would China have a reason to do so?

As it stands right now, both Taliban and China could only lose from it. If OTOH China just throws money at them, they make sure that the Talibans act in their favor. Because China doesn't care about a regime's domestic policy i.e. doesn't demand human rights actions in exchange for goods/cash/weapons. China's good with you as long as you don't interfere with their exterior and domestic policies, which the Taliban have no interest in contrast to ISIS. China gets a strong foothold in that area that way, considering that they currently have good relations with (=influence over) Iran and Pakistan already.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

As it stands right now, both Taliban and China could only lose from it. If OTOH China just throws money at them, they make sure that the Talibans act in their favor. Because China doesn't care about a regime's domestic policy i.e. doesn't demand human rights actions in exchange for goods/cash/weapons. China's good with you as long as you don't interfere with their exterior and domestic policies, which the Taliban have no interest in contrast to ISIS. China gets a strong foothold in that area that way, considering that they currently have good relations with (=influence over) Iran and Pakistan already.
    China is not cool with anyone supporting Muslims in China tho

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

Isnt that exactly why they support them? Ie: You get acceptance and cash, we get raw material and you stay the fuck out of china?

Something something rare metals in them there mountains

China has very distinct domestic and foreign policy attitudes.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    If you want honesty a combination of trauma and malnutrition during childhood has a serious impact on mental development. Add in a lack of education both at school and from parenting and you wind up with noticable effects on a population as a whole.

This can also be reflected in other measures such as height, ability to handle stress, and other factors.

These are epigenetic effects and are reversable to a significant degree.

Given how long Afghanistan has been torn apart by conflict it is no wonder that it has had a major impact on its population. Anyone born in Afghanistan since 1979 has known nothing but terror and war.

Afghans raised outside of Afghanistan show none of these effects.
    This is a fair point, plus what Erickh wrote about the underdevelopment
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Don't mistake the Taliban for ISIS. There's an ongoing fight between those two: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taliba...in_Afghanistan

It is confusing, but IIRC the Taliban are OK with "just" owning Afghanistan, whereas IS is pushing for "global domination". If anything, China wants the Taliban as a meat shield between them and IS.

Taliban are very locally focused. They aren't going to interfere (as if they could) or comment on (as if they should) Chinese domestic policy.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Was there anyway you'd of guessed in 2001 pre 9/11 that the US would decide to invade Afghan lands for any reason? Just give it time, I'm sure someone will think it's gonna be a blast to try again.

A short rundown of Taliban and neighbouring countries:

https://www.nzz.ch/english/taliban-t...d&mktfbplat=fb

Don't the taliban wield a large amount of relative freedom in the region because of their amicable relationship with the Pakistani military?
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Yes.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Blinken had a tweet that listed off a bunch of countries willing to take in refugees. Weird how no one responsible really wants to dealt with this. At least there'e a new sitcom about it.

And totally doesn't skirt a lot of the last 20 years lol.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

And new people got radicalized as a result. Bombing terrorists isn't really a game one can win.

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    And new people got radicalized as a result. Bombing terrorists isn't really a game one can win.
    I was a drunken American moron 20 years ago. Still am but I was. Called it.

Glad we're still an empire Rove lol.
    Last edited by Arkaday; August 31 2021 at 04:40:24 AM.

[Not sure what thread to put this in so here it goes]

Norwegian peeps sound off please!

Several people killed and wounded by man with bow and arrow tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.