hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1026 of 1078 FirstFirst ... 265269269761016102310241025102610271028102910361076 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,520 of 21542

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Tfw i'm a leftist all of a sudden

I'm not excusing the extremists, but to assume that those extremists make up a majority of the largest body of people on earth is batshit insane and if it were even remotely true we'd all be dead, wouldn't we?
    I guess it depends on how you define extremism. I think there are certainly very large swathes that do not subscribe to some basic western values.

On the other hand I don’t see this as a religious problem, but rather a social/cultural issue that is exacerbated by ghettoisation; something which happens quite a lot in the UK.

I wasn't talking about you, nor anyone here at FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    On the other hand I don’t see this as a religious problem, but rather a social/cultural issue that is exacerbated by ghettoisation; something which happens quite a lot in the UK.
    Poor, oppressed, and/or uneducated peoples are susceptible to extremism. They always have.
    Last edited by Alistair; November 24 2018 at 02:15:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

as a tolerant society, extending this benefit to the intolerant is a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I wasn't talking about you, nor anyone here at FHC.

Poor, oppressed, and/or uneducated peoples are susceptible to extremism. They always have.
    That’s not really what I’m getting at. When you put a bunch of people together in an enclosed space, they tend to mutually reinforce each other’s views. When said existing views are already pretty reprehensible it becomes a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    The one thing we cannot tolerate, at all, is intolerance.

This isn't even slightly paradoxical.

It's basically "do unto others", but if they want to gas brown people in ovens, it is they who should be gassed.\

Quite simple, and it would fix the problem pretty quick.

What South Africa taught me is that if you give a racist a choice between his belief and pain and death, they very quickly change their beliefs.
    meh

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

It's basically "do unto others", but if they want to gas brown people in ovens, it is they who should be gassed.\

What South Africa taught me is that if you give a racist a choice between his belief and pain and death, they very quickly change their beliefs.
    Isnt that literally what they're doing in China? But muslims are too dumb to change their believes so they just keep taking it
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Smarnca I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

Isnt that literally what they're doing in China? But muslims are too dumb to change their believes so they just keep taking it
    Come on mate, you can’t honestly believe mass re-education camps are a good thing.

Come on mate, you canít honestly believe mass re-education camps are a good thing.
    He worships fascists it shouldn't come as a surprise

I mean it’s a spectrum from struggle session to re-education camp, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I mean, the Chinese deserve it for their treatment of the Uighurs, shit's absolutely dystopian
    It's what you deserve to get for being a religious fanatic
    I'm a religious fanatic?

Have the petrol fumes finally got to your brain?
    No your beloved Uighurs are
    Are you saying that 88 - 90% of Muslims on the planet are "religious fanatics" ?
    Yes
    Ok cool, another reminder to discard your opinion offhand

http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/t...iety-overview/

You gonna dismiss the pew research center offhand too?
    Do a survey of US Christians, and ask them if our laws should be based on the bible, you will see a significant number saying "yes". Heck, half of them already think US law is based on biblical law. Same thing.

So muslims are 50 years behind christians on homosexuality. Big surprise there.

If 25% of the human race is Muslim, by definition it is a mainstream religion, not an extremist religion.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Banned
    Then you would have to live with the thought that you didnt help a fellow human when you could and my burning body and the screaming would follow you for the rest of your life
    https://i.imgur.com/Rvz5b6l.gif
    Careful not head hit on rock!
    laughs in Slovenian
    http://i.imgur.com/FCT2R1h.png

Banned
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Then you would have to live with the thought that you didnt help a fellow human when you could and my burning body and the screaming would follow you for the rest of your life
    >Human

[x] doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Do a survey of US Christians, and ask them if our laws should be based on the bible, you will see a significant number saying "yes". Heck, half of them already think US law is based on biblical law. Same thing.

If 25% of the human race is Muslim, by definition it is a mainstream religion, not an extremist religion.
    US Christians who want to live under biblical law are fanatics too. Anyone who wants to live under religious law is a fanatic. I have no problem standing by that statement.

I only wish that the "left" would criticize Islam as rigorously as it does Christianity, especially since it's hardly a tiny minority religion in Europe these days.

Banned

US Christians who want to live under biblical law are fanatics too. Anyone who wants to live under religious law is a fanatic. I have no problem standing by that statement.

I only wish that the "left" would criticize Islam as rigorously as it does Christianity, especially since it's hardly a tiny minority religion in Europe these days.
    They do though, you've just fallen for the alt-right "lefties don't care about mudslime raep gangs!?!?!!" narrative hook line and sinker.

Didn't the US just rule that FGM was totally A-OK this week, or is it only yuropeans that don't care about it?

They do though, you've just fallen for the alt-right "lefties don't care about mudslime raep gangs!?!?!!" narrative hook line and sinker.

Didn't the US just rule that FGM was totally A-OK this week, or is it only yuropeans that don't care about it?
    They definitely don't, the police literally turned a blind eye to said rape gangs (which you brought up, not me) for fear of looking anti-muslim. The Labor MP from Rotherham himself said he did not want to raise the issue of abuse in the Muslim community because he didn't want to "rock the multicultural community boat". If those crimes had been committed by a christian cult you can bet your ass that the police would have come down on it much sooner.

The USA also thinks that circumcising male infants is "A-OK" so I'm not really sure what your point is, that the country with a founding myth revolving around "pilgrims" may not have its head screwed on straight with regards to religion?

They definitely don't, the police literally turned a blind eye to said rape gangs (which you brought up, not me) for fear of looking anti-muslim. The Labor MP from Rotherham himself said he did not want to raise the issue of abuse in the Muslim community because he didn't want to "rock the multicultural community boat". If those crimes had been committed by a christian cult you can bet your ass that the police would have come down on it much sooner.

The USA also thinks that circumcising male infants is "A-OK" so I'm not really sure what your point is, that the country with a founding myth revolving around "pilgrims" may not have its head screwed on straight with regards to religion?
    The Christian rape gang cult has one of the best real estate portfolios going.
    meh

Can't argue with that.. although I do remember a certain place called Waco.

Can't argue with that.. although I do remember a certain place called Waco.
    Even dirt poor people can be psychopathic zealots who abuse children?
    meh

Banned
    tfw infracted for being mean to Smarnca but endorsing reeducation camps and calling all muslims too stupid to learn is a-ok because "Smarnca is stupid"