hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 776 of 781 FirstFirst ... 276676726766773774775776777778779 ... LastLast
Results 15,501 to 15,520 of 15620

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

I'm all for belt tightening but only when everyone is wearing the same trousers.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I'm all for belt tightening but only when everyone is wearing the same trousers.
    In the case of the current administration, its definitely Jorts. Everyone is wearing the same Jorts.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

One of the most prominent examples of our evolutionary programed faces recognition is the "Face on Mars" from a Viking 1 picture.
    Wasn't it rather that the low resolution of the first image really did look a bit like a face because of the blurriness?

A sharper image from a different craft was released years later btw; nobody saw a face in that one.
    And that's exactly it. We humans identified the first picture as a face, although there was just a red rock with three spots of black shadows. That's enough for us to recognize something as a "face". And that was a helpful trait back when we crawled the savannas, but is mostly irrelevant nowadays. But we still see "faces" everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

One of the most prominent examples of our evolutionary programed faces recognition is the "Face on Mars" from a Viking 1 picture.
    Wasn't it rather that the low resolution of the first image really did look a bit like a face because of the blurriness?

A sharper image from a different craft was released years later btw; nobody saw a face in that one.
    And that's exactly it. We humans identified the first picture as a face, although there was just a red rock with three spots of black shadows. That's enough for us to recognize something as a "face". And that was a helpful trait back when we crawled the savannas, but is mostly irrelevant nowadays. But we still see "faces" everywhere.
    People who know these things (early hominid archaeologists) from the Sterkfontein caves suppose that at least one of the specimens fell in running away from a sabre tooth cat, based on some injuries on the thighbone. Not the kind of cave people would have lived in, but rather a deep vertical chasm they may have buried their dead in, which is another theory why the fossil record there is so rich.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Muricans got fat cos your food industry is completely out of control and lacks proper regulation. It's a problem in many other countries too, but Murica was the first to allow companies to put vast amounts of sugar in everything and then heavily market it to children.
    The invisible hand working as intended. DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?
    In the US the same agency that has been responsible for promoting US agricultural products is also the agency that regulates food. NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST HERE GUYS!
    The United States Department of Agriculture and the Federal Food and Drug Agency are not the same thing m8

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Muricans got fat cos your food industry is completely out of control and lacks proper regulation. It's a problem in many other countries too, but Murica was the first to allow companies to put vast amounts of sugar in everything and then heavily market it to children.
    In the US the same agency that has been responsible for promoting US agricultural products is also the agency that regulates food. NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST HERE GUYS!
    The United States Department of Agriculture and the Federal Food and Drug Agency are not the same thing m8

But the USDA does inspect & grade quite a lot of the food, instead of the FDA.

Quote Originally Posted by SAI Peregrinus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post

But the USDA does inspect & grade quite a lot of the food, instead of the FDA.
    My understanding of it is that there is a division of duty depending on what stage the food stuffs are

The USDA is the one who inspects/grades & sets regulations for raw food stuffs; eg. grading grain & beef and setting regulations for what constitutes grade A beef, Prime Choice, or stuff like what size an egg is to be considered medium, large or jumbo etc. I also believe they are responsible for fishers & fishing quotas as well, but I may be wrong

Whereas the FDA is responsible for consumer food products; EG setting what percentage of meat is necessary for the product to be called Meat sauce, Sauce with Meat, or Meat flavored sauce. As well as inspect & regulating canneries and such. Nutritional info, product safety and some other stuff as well.

I guess the way to look at is that the USDA is for things that will eventually become food; and the FDA is for things being sold as food. So to Smuggo's point about sugar being in everything, that would be at levied as the FDA, not the USDA.
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; March 20 2017 at 11:32:28 PM.

Actually it was because Iirc the USDA is also responsible for food education. Either way, you have a big problem with your food industry lobby.

land of the free home of the high fructose corn syrup

Meanwhile on 4chan

do the syrian rebels know what they are doing pol ?

>be me
    >just firing my machine gun
    >one of the thousands of bullets I'm expending today
    >just suppression fire, keeping infidels honest
    >teammates shouts "Allah Akbar" like a retard over nothing
    >mfw
    Quote Originally Posted by pesadelo View Post
    - Smarnca if not trolling , is a complete retard

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph IX Basarab View Post
    In short, you're prime beta.

Iraqi forces (Federal Police) in Mosul. Note the "urban camo" of the fire-support HMMWV and a drop of colour

Spray and Pray brother Smarnca!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    Meanwhile on 4chan

>be me
    >mfw
    Its very interesting to see statistics of how many bullets actually hit the enemy, for instance:

US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed - that American ammunition-makers cannot keep up with demand. As a result the US is having to import supplies from Israel.
    Source: http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/ne...el-bullets.htm

So seeing what that alahu akbar guys do comes to sense....
    NcDot

Wow, these guys are even worse at FPS than me...

Wow, these guys are even worse at FPS than me...
    Still better than me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Badboy K View Post
    Meanwhile on 4chan

>be me
    >mfw
    Its very interesting to see statistics of how many bullets actually hit the enemy, for instance:

US forces have fired so many bullets in Iraq and Afghanistan - an estimated 250,000 for every insurgent killed - that American ammunition-makers cannot keep up with demand. As a result the US is having to import supplies from Israel.

Import from Israel is actually from the USA stockpile there. I remember from the last shooting war Isr/arab intifada the IDF needed extra ammo from the USA (when was that 2006?) and they got it literally from around the corner.

I also remember the USA had a insanly high bullet count back in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Meanwhile on 4chan

>be me
    >mfw

Import from Israel is actually from the USA stockpile there. I remember from the last shooting war Isr/arab intifada the IDF needed extra ammo from the USA (when was that 2006?) and they got it literally from around the corner.

You know this but for the benefit of anyone reading who might not: There are reasons to fire bullets in war that aren't killing people. sometimes suppression is just as good if not better

If you can keep a group of insurgents suppressed with small arms until someone can drop a bomb on them you still win even if nobody ever hits them

See also: beaten zones in WWI

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Meanwhile on 4chan

>be me
    >mfw

A bullet, bomb or missile can only hold a small amount of freedom. To ensure a country is supplied with enough freedom, you therefore need many bullets/bombs/missiles.

It's simple maths.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Meanwhile on 4chan

>be me
    >mfw

A bullet, bomb or missile can only hold a small amount of freedom. To ensure a country is supplied with enough freedom, you therefore need many bullets/bombs/missiles.

It's simple maths.
    and all freedoms put together is -1/12ths of a freedom
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

There were a number of psychological studies done on veterans after WW2, Korean war and Vietnam and a pretty significant number of them didn't want to shoot people. They fired high and didn't shoot to kill in a conscious decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.