hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 775 of 888 FirstFirst ... 275675725765772773774775776777778785825875 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,500 of 17744

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    If you want to talk about oppressed people the Jews have managed to do alright for themselves.
    And look at what the world is accusing them of...
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    It does but we are predators not prey. Our triggers are darkness and unfamiliarity, loud noises, movement, unexpected differences.
    My cat is triggered by all those things except darkness, and that's probably because her eyes make it less dark for her.

I suspect this dichotomy is an oversimplification of matters. It's not like our eyes are on the sides of our heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

I have a friend who studies this actually. Like species memory stuff. She studies meerkats and why the babies instinctively hide from shadows, even if they've never been taught. How instinct gets imprinted.
    Let us say I suggest you may be human.
    Your awareness may be powerful enough to control your instincts.
    Your instincts will be to remove your hand from the box.
    If you do so you will die.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post

I have a friend who studies this actually. Like species memory stuff. She studies meerkats and why the babies instinctively hide from shadows, even if they've never been taught. How instinct gets imprinted.
    What if DNA is a read-write data structure.
    meh

If you want to talk about oppressed people the Jews have managed to do alright for themselves.
    And look at what the world is accusing them of...
    Being massively over represented in the '1%'?

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    They underwent a great eugenics program last century where only the most resourceful and intelligent jews managed to relocate and survive.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Then my testes hold the biological agents that allow the 3D printing of life to begin.

Then my testes hold the biological agents that allow the 3D printing of life to begin.
    Error: The file or directory is corrupted & unreadable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post

Error: The file or directory is corrupted & unreadable.
    try eating more pineapple

Genetic memory is a real thing, really makes you think and im not being sarcastic. I've heard people speculate that this is one reason muricans got fat, was because of genetic memory of the famine of the 30s (lol)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...s-passed-down/

Studying the biological basis for those effects in humans would be difficult. So Ressler and his colleague Brian Dias opted to study epigenetic inheritance in laboratory mice trained to fear the smell of acetophenone, a chemical the scent of which has been compared to those of cherries and almonds. He and Dias wafted the scent around a small chamber, while giving small electric shocks to male mice. The animals eventually learned to associate the scent with pain, shuddering in the presence of acetophenone even without a shock.

This reaction was passed on to their pups, Dias and Ressler report today in Nature Neuroscience1. Despite never having encountered acetophenone in their lives, the offspring exhibited increased sensitivity when introduced to its smell, shuddering more markedly in its presence compared with the descendants of mice that had been conditioned to be startled by a different smell or that had gone through no such conditioning. A third generation of mice — the 'grandchildren' — also inherited this reaction, as did mice conceived through in vitro fertilization with sperm from males sensitized to acetophenone. Similar experiments showed that the response can also be transmitted down from the mother.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Genetic memory is a real thing, really makes you think and im not being sarcastic. I've heard people speculate that this is one reason muricans got fat, was because of genetic memory of the famine of the 30s (lol)

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...s-passed-down/

Studying the biological basis for those effects in humans would be difficult. So Ressler and his colleague Brian Dias opted to study epigenetic inheritance in laboratory mice trained to fear the smell of acetophenone, a chemical the scent of which has been compared to those of cherries and almonds. He and Dias wafted the scent around a small chamber, while giving small electric shocks to male mice. The animals eventually learned to associate the scent with pain, shuddering in the presence of acetophenone even without a shock.

This reaction was passed on to their pups, Dias and Ressler report today in Nature Neuroscience1. Despite never having encountered acetophenone in their lives, the offspring exhibited increased sensitivity when introduced to its smell, shuddering more markedly in its presence compared with the descendants of mice that had been conditioned to be startled by a different smell or that had gone through no such conditioning. A third generation of mice — the 'grandchildren' — also inherited this reaction, as did mice conceived through in vitro fertilization with sperm from males sensitized to acetophenone. Similar experiments showed that the response can also be transmitted down from the mother.
    That's epigenetic inheritance, not genetic.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    That's a lot of mental gymnastics to avoid accepting responsibility for terrible eating habits
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Muricans got fat cos your food industry is completely out of control and lacks proper regulation. It's a problem in many other countries too, but Murica was the first to allow companies to put vast amounts of sugar in everything and then heavily market it to children.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Muricans got fat cos your food industry is completely out of control and lacks proper regulation. It's a problem in many other countries too, but Murica was the first to allow companies to put vast amounts of sugar in everything and then heavily market it to children.
    The invisible hand working as intended. DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

European high score for the last century = 70+ million. I don't think Africa comes close, m8.

E: in all seriousness though, are we finding a genetic marker for something, or attributing a genetic marker to something that is caused by socio-economic conditioning?
    Top bants, although I get the impression it has more of an impact on behaviour in immeadiate social situations rather than steamrolling Poland.

There seems to be a decent amount of :science: behind the effect this particular gene has on brain chemistry. It would be interesting to see (for example) what % of violent offenders are carriers compared to the rest of the population.
    I have a friend who studies this actually. Like species memory stuff. She studies meerkats and why the babies instinctively hide from shadows, even if they've never been taught. How instinct gets imprinted. It clearly does, by some mechanism we don't understand, and, if it works over many examples in the animal kingdom, why can't it work with humans?
    It does but we are predators not prey. Our triggers are darkness and unfamiliarity, loud noises, movement, unexpected differences.
    Wrong. We were prey. And that still influences our behavior to this day. That's why we imagine/"recognize" faces everywhere. Our brain is trained to spot those predators hiding in the bushes of the savanna.

One of the most prominent examples of our evolutionary programed faces recognition is the "Face on Mars" from a Viking 1 picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

One of the most prominent examples of our evolutionary programed faces recognition is the "Face on Mars" from a Viking 1 picture.
    Wasn't it rather that the low resolution of the first image really did look a bit like a face because of the blurriness?

A sharper image from a different craft was released years later btw; nobody saw a face in that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    In the US the same agency that has been responsible for promoting US agricultural products is also the agency that regulates food. NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST HERE GUYS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

European high score for the last century = 70+ million. I don't think Africa comes close, m8.

E: in all seriousness though, are we finding a genetic marker for something, or attributing a genetic marker to something that is caused by socio-economic conditioning?
    Top bants, although I get the impression it has more of an impact on behaviour in immeadiate social situations rather than steamrolling Poland.

There seems to be a decent amount of :science: behind the effect this particular gene has on brain chemistry. It would be interesting to see (for example) what % of violent offenders are carriers compared to the rest of the population.
    I have a friend who studies this actually. Like species memory stuff. She studies meerkats and why the babies instinctively hide from shadows, even if they've never been taught. How instinct gets imprinted. It clearly does, by some mechanism we don't understand, and, if it works over many examples in the animal kingdom, why can't it work with humans?
    Wrong. We were prey. And that still influences our behavior to this day. That's why we imagine/"recognize" faces everywhere. Our brain is trained to spot those predators hiding in the bushes of the savanna.

We are both. We are prey that evolved to use the strength of the group to become super-predators.

Our instincts are a mashup of prey fear, herd mentality, pack loyalty and predator aggression, all being ridden by a screaming monkey just about intelligent enough (on a good day) to plan for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    In the US the same agency that has been responsible for promoting US agricultural products is also the agency that regulates food. NO CONFLICT OF INTEREST HERE GUYS!
    Good thing Trump is slashing it's budget then. If it's the US department of agriculture, the proposal cut is 21%. So, more healthy food soon, comrades? =D

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Tighten that belt comrades. If you cut all programs you will soon be prosperous!
    #draintheproletariat