hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 770 of 827 FirstFirst ... 270670720760767768769770771772773780820 ... LastLast
Results 15,381 to 15,400 of 16530

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    No it makes the entire economic structure retarded and exploitative.
    Equality of Outcome, not Equality of Opportunity.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

No it makes the entire economic structure retarded and exploitative.
    Being born into a poor family is the single biggest disadvantage you can face in life.
    No it isnt. Not even by a long shot.
    Since we have so many autistic ancaps posting I'll share this autistic comic that illustrates socioeconomic privilege.

I never once claimed what the comic states itself isnt true, i pretty much said the same thing it does. Except that the system part isnt unfair in germany as it is in that comic, the class sizes are the same, no one really has to take care of relatives due to free healthcare, the uni is free and you get a (very special) state loan so you dont really get into debt. Is it unfair in general, yes. But the system itself isnt. I was just saying that the "hardcoded" genetics stuff also plays a pretty big part.

Edit: By system i means education system.
    Last edited by W0lf Crendraven; March 18 2017 at 04:22:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

I will concede that the point is more applicable in highly unequal societies like the US.

However in the context of Germany imagine the girl is being raised by dumbshit allahuackbar Turkish parents and the outcome is basically the same.

I will concede that the point is more applicable in highly unequal societies like the US.

However in the context of Germany imagine the girl is being raised by dumbshit allahuackbar Turkish parents and the outcome is basically the same.
    Thats my point basicely. Its not due to the society but due to the parents and their situation. And thus the system is fair, but not perfect and it should really reach out to the paulas and help tthem.

Thats my point basicely. Its not due to the society but due to the parents and their situation. And thus the system is fair, but not perfect and it should really reach out to the paulas and help tthem.
    Which brings it back full circle to what Comrade Keckers said: if the parents are known to be dumbshitallahuackbarturks and the outcome of their parenting without outside intervention is understood, then the impetus lies on the state to intervene and salvage the situation for the child so their life isn't ruined just because they were born to Turkish parents.

Which brings it back full circle to what Comrade Keckers said: if the parents are known to be dumbshitallahuackbarturks and the outcome of their parenting without outside intervention is understood, then the impetus lies on the state to intervene and salvage the situation for the child so their life isn't ruined just because they were born to Turkish parents.
    I agree with the statement of his, but not with his conclusion. Although that is pretty unimportant.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor

So we've all reached the same conclusion then; remove islam from western civilization.

BTW one of the biggest factors in terms of a childs future prospects isn't the socioeconomic status of the parents, rather it is if the parents are both there or not.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post

Intelligence and ability is absolutely not "bred" but a random distribution pretty much of gaussian normal distribution. It is entirely chance based and not related to your parentage, certain heritary disease and drug abuse during pregnancy of course excluded.
    [Citation Needed]

I was under the impression that intelligence (or IQ at least) has a roughly 50% genetic component to it.
    It's more than 50%. They had a long-term study, comparing regular children with the adopted ones, for parents with above-average IQ. Even given the best nurturing conditions from rich adoptive parents, adopted children still came way behind.

The whole "every human is equally capable mentally" is utter bullshit, and contradicts every basic biological and anthropological fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post

Intelligence and ability is absolutely not "bred" but a random distribution pretty much of gaussian normal distribution. It is entirely chance based and not related to your parentage, certain heritary disease and drug abuse during pregnancy of course excluded.
    [Citation Needed]

I was under the impression that intelligence (or IQ at least) has a roughly 50% genetic component to it.
    It's more than 50%. They had a long-term study, comparing regular children with the adopted ones, for parents with above-average IQ. Even given the best nurturing conditions from rich adoptive parents, adopted children still came way behind.

The whole "every human is equally capable mentally" is utter bullshit, and contradicts every basic biological and anthropological fact.
    Show me the study please

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

I don't see why it is such an anathema to some people that cognative ability can be linked to and partially influenced by genetics yet readily accept that various physical attributes/capabilities, predisposition to certain diseases and disorders are related to one's genes.

I never once claimed what the comic states itself isnt true, i pretty much said the same thing it does. Except that the system part isnt unfair in germany as it is in that comic, the class sizes are the same, no one really has to take care of relatives due to free healthcare, the uni is free and you get a (very special) state loan so you dont really get into debt. Is it unfair in general, yes. But the system itself isnt.
    Nicht verboten.

I was just saying that the "hardcoded" genetics stuff also plays a pretty big part.
    Verboten.
    meh

I don't see why it is such an anathema to some people that cognative ability can be linked to and partially influenced by genetics yet readily accept that various physical attributes/capabilities, predisposition to certain diseases and disorders are related to one's genes.
    Its become a taboo to talk about it, its actually kinda strange. The idea that intelligence is somehow the only attribute that isnt influenced by genetics does not make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post

[Citation Needed]

Show me the study please
    Might have been Bruce sacerdote

http://freakonomics.com/2011/06/07/t...ll-transcript/

The implication is that there is no potential to change it, and that just isn't true. Given the "right upbringing", the orphan from war torn Somalia can what?

Is he always going to be stuck not getting ahead while given the same opportunities?

Evidence kind of says no. Some of those actually become very successful when applying themselves to western education or entrepreneurship. In similar percentages to folks born into the same society.

http://cis.org/sites/cis.org/files/a...tates-2012.pdf

That is from, as near as I can tell, a conservative voice in this debate in the US, but if you look at the numbers that own their own homes, start their own businesses and get college education, its clear that they have similar success rates to anyone else, taken in the macro, with some understandable skew because of the large amount of mesoamerican near-slave labor we employ.

Of course rich white kids do better, but there are a shit load of poor whites too. It actually balances out at scale.
    meh

So if you're going to advocate for greater intervention by the state in 'poor' households (not just abusive ones) to provide a greater equality of outcome (and given the amount of development and variance in ability before kids even land at school that intervention will pretty much need to be from birth) what about those more well to do households where they have the ability to provide greater enrichment to their children (and this doesn't neccessarily require any expenditure)? Are they going to be policed as well?
    'Citizen, you are under arrest for exceding your arts and crafts time allocation for the week. Put down the macaroni and glue and come with me.'

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    The implication is that there is no potential to change it, and that just isn't true. Given the "right upbringing", the orphan from war torn Somalia can what?
    That implication only exists in your head, and is the main reason why discussing nature vs. nurture is almost impossible with people like you.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Is he always going to be stuck not getting ahead while given the same opportunities?

Evidence kind of says no. Some of those actually become very successful when applying themselves to western education or entrepreneurship. In similar percentages to folks born into the same society.

That is from, as near as I can tell, a conservative voice in this debate in the US, but if you look at the numbers that own their own homes, start their own businesses and get college education, its clear that they have similar success rates to anyone else, taken in the macro, with some understandable skew because of the large amount of mesoamerican near-slave labor we employ.

Of course rich white kids do better, but there are a shit load of poor whites too. It actually balances out at scale.
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the vast majority of immigrants to the US from outside of the Americas are among the more ambitious/successful/intelligent of their home nations.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    That implication only exists in your head, and is the main reason why discussing nature vs. nurture is almost impossible with people like you.
    Really. "X race is not capable of Y because Z" is provable wrong, except for winning drinking games against asians (except some ol' Japanese guys, which I'm sure you know), yet this is precisely the argument I hear out of every racist who tries to make the "science" fit their ideology.
    meh

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that the vast majority of immigrants to the US from outside of the Americas are among the more ambitious/successful/intelligent of their home nations.
    I don't disagree with you. However, they do move here at a disadvantage in terms of access to education, plenty of other factors (I know, I am one), and, heh, genetics, and yet somehow, a lot of them do a lot better than a trailer park...
    meh

I don't see why it is such an anathema to some people that cognitive ability can be linked to and partially influenced by genetics yet readily accept that various physical attributes/capabilities, predisposition to certain diseases and disorders are related to one's genes.
    It's one of the "dangerous" roads of research that both rightly and wrongly is viewed as a feeder for eugenics, racism or other forms of bigotry.