hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1097 of 1100 FirstFirst ... 97597997104710871094109510961097109810991100 LastLast
Results 21,921 to 21,940 of 21985

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I think the real morons here are the racists who think countries have IQs...
    I think it's more of a try of assessing the levels of education but it's absolutely catastrophically bad.
    There is a lot to be said about underdevelopment, etc. That's the reality of the place I grew up. Not that people are stupid. They aren't. Quite the opposite. They just had no money spent on their education for a couple hundred years because their only worth was in how fast they could dig. Then people took the stuff they dug and spent it on education for _their_ children. And so we see it to varying degrees around the world but it's really obvious in a few places where there is a two (or more) tier segregated society of some kind.
    meh

I think it's more of a try of assessing the levels of education but it's absolutely catastrophically bad.
    There is a lot to be said about underdevelopment, etc. That's the reality of the place I grew up. Not that people are stupid. They aren't. Quite the opposite. They just had no money spent on their education for a couple hundred years because their only worth was in how fast they could dig. Then people took the stuff they dug and spent it on education for _their_ children. And so we see it to varying degrees around the world but it's really obvious in a few places where there is a two (or more) tier segregated society of some kind.
    We are talking here about population IQ, not about individuals.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    We are talking here about population IQ, not about individuals.
    Go on then, what is population IQ and what is the point you're wanting to make?

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Why should I bother, you are so entrenched in idea that all populations on Earth have the same ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills, without influence of various cultures, educational opportunities or personality traits.

Why should I bother, you are so entrenched in idea that all populations on Earth have the same ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills, without influence of various cultures, educational opportunities or personality traits.
    Tell us your point or i'll ban you for trolling.

If you want honesty a combination of trauma and malnutrition during childhood has a serious impact on mental development. Add in a lack of education both at school and from parenting and you wind up with noticable effects on a population as a whole.

This can also be reflected in other measures such as height, ability to handle stress, and other factors.

These are epigenetic effects and are reversable to a significant degree.

Given how long Afghanistan has been torn apart by conflict it is no wonder that it has had a major impact on its population. Anyone born in Afghanistan since 1979 has known nothing but terror and war.

Afghans raised outside of Afghanistan show none of these effects.

Candy Crush is just asking questions.

it's adorable

Tick tock, Candy.

Nah, the real morons are those who think engaging with Candy Crush is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano View Post
    Nah, the real morons are those who think not having Candy Crush ignored is a good idea.

Population IQ... What does that even mean?

Pretty sure Candy has never interacted with an individual with 70 Iq or less.

He talks to himself on this forum quite a lot.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Sadly idiots don't realize they are idiots themselves.

Of course it is true that there is a wide variance and i do not see anybody disputing that. Why they are calling you out is the simplicity of your yard stick and outcome. A base IQ test is terrible, a country wide IQ is a mere guess and only works when you can get a decent baseline via a good educational system but still a guess.
    Sure you can test for cognitive abilities etc but even in NL those take 3x 4 hours over 2 weeks (granted there is a spectrum test included). Good luck doing that in Ethiopia.

There is a nature and a nurture part in people's ability to do anything.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

We enter day 2 of Candy not being willing to simply type his point out

Sacul in the bullseye
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    We enter day 2 of Candy not being willing to simply type his point out

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Journalist Craig Whitlock’s new book, “The Afghanistan Papers: A Secret History of the War,” will help ensure that no one forgets the harm America’s civilian and military leaders did, the lies they told, and the war they lost.

Synthesizing more than 1,000 interviews and 10,000 pages of documents, Whitlock provides a stunning study of failure and mendacity, an irrefutable account of the U.S.’s ignoble defeat in the words of those who — from the battlefield to NATO headquarters in Kabul and from the Pentagon to the White House — got it so wrong for so long, papered their failures over with falsehoods, and sought to avoid even an ounce of accountability.

https://theintercept.com/2021/08/17/...raig-whitlock/

The documents are available here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ents-database/
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; August 19 2021 at 12:38:23 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Eternal war worked out pretty good for the shareholders though