hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1003 of 1004 FirstFirst ... 350390395399310001001100210031004 LastLast
Results 20,041 to 20,060 of 20070

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

  1. #20041
    Meester's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25, 2011
    Posts
    1,138


    Ka-52's much like Russia don't look as pretty when their guts are exposed.

  2. #20042
    Frug's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Meester View Post


    Ka-52's much like Russia don't look as pretty when their guts are exposed.
    Implying Russia looks pretty under any circumstances.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

  3. #20043

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    3,510
    so much about the ejecting seats

  4. #20044
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    so much about the ejecting seats
    Not so sure they would live that much longer if they ejected tbh. Also ejections in combat situations is mostly a dream.

  5. #20045
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    1,963
    Looks like Israel and US got their war started.

  6. #20046

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    3,510
    Guess they did not see it coming



    So much for "100% effectiveness"

  7. #20047
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Guess they did not see it coming



    So much for "100% effectiveness"
    I think we're about to see a bunch of crushed milfet dreams. Least of which are the dreams of whomever makes purchasing decisions for Iranian air defense.
    meh

  8. #20048
    Smarnca's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30, 2013
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    8,492
    Maybe it wasnt turned on


  9. #20049
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    28,974
    Certainly staffed by arabs

  10. #20050
    Clovnea's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6, 2011
    Location
    Molden Heath
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Certainly staffed by persans
    fyp

  11. #20051

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Trump is pulling out of the Iran deal and Israel is ramping things up over Iran. I hope America is not about to get bounced into another stupid war.


    Sooo, suppose you are Kim Jong-un and about to meet Trump sometime soon for setting up some kind of contract ... would you then actually believe in Trump not breaking that on a whim?

    gg, well played, Mr. President.

  12. #20052
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Trump is pulling out of the Iran deal and Israel is ramping things up over Iran. I hope America is not about to get bounced into another stupid war.


    Sooo, suppose you are Kim Jong-un and about to meet Trump sometime soon for setting up some kind of contract ... would you then actually believe in Trump not breaking that on a whim?

    gg, well played, Mr. President.
    You do know the US Congress never ratified the Iran deal? It was an executive action by Obama, and Trump can use that piece of paper to wipe his ass with, if he wants to, legally. Not to mention the deal itself was completely ineffective in monitoring Iranian nuclear activities, as the Iranians never agreed to allow inspectors onto any of their military sites, only the civilian ones. As much as the euros are bitching about his pullout, they all agree the deal was bad. The alternative to not having a deal is not immediately war, ffs (though it is the final destination for stupid people). Ultimately, if Iran wants to remain sovereign, it will need to play ball. The West also has economic interests in Iranian industry, so they don't really want a war either. It's what the Saudis will do, that worries me, tbh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  13. #20053

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    3,510
    Both the Iran Deal and the Paris Climate Agreement (not Treaty) were done legally. Neither were treaties that required Congressional approval. Both Democrats and Republicans have used executive agreements. This is nothing unique to Obama. These days actual Treaties are used less and less due to the difficulties of attaining super majorities in Congress.
    As you say, executive agreements can be undone by the next president. That's part of the deal. Treaties are laws of the land and require an act of Congress to unbind (or a Supreme Court ruling). Executive agreements are not.

  14. #20054
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Both the Iran Deal and the Paris Climate Agreement (not Treaty) were done legally. Neither were treaties that required Congressional approval. Both Democrats and Republicans have used executive agreements. This is nothing unique to Obama. These days actual Treaties are used less and less due to the difficulties of attaining super majorities in Congress.
    As you say, executive agreements can be undone by the next president. That's part of the deal. Treaties are laws of the land and require an act of Congress to unbind (or a Supreme Court ruling). Executive agreements are not.
    Oh good, you're a MAGA nerd as well as a daily heil reader

  15. #20055
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    13,635
    It's still not trust building when you pull out of treaties, deals or agreements unilaterally.

    Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

  16. #20056
    Timaios's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    You do know the US Congress never ratified the Iran deal? It was an executive action by Obama, and Trump can use that piece of paper to wipe his ass with, if he wants to, legally. Not to mention the deal itself was completely ineffective in monitoring Iranian nuclear activities, as the Iranians never agreed to allow inspectors onto any of their military sites, only the civilian ones. As much as the euros are bitching about his pullout, they all agree the deal was bad. The alternative to not having a deal is not immediately war, ffs (though it is the final destination for stupid people). Ultimately, if Iran wants to remain sovereign, it will need to play ball. The West also has economic interests in Iranian industry, so they don't really want a war either. It's what the Saudis will do, that worries me, tbh.
    Oh god.

    The full agreement text: https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...ear-deal/1651/

    Relevant parts: page 42, sections 74-78.

    Section 75: If IAEA has a concern about nuclear activities at some unspecified location, it can ask for a clarification.

    Section 76: If the answers by Iran do not satisfy IAEA, then IAEA has the right to request access to the site.

    Section 77: Iran may propose alternative approaches instead of allowing access to the site in question, which need to be considered in good faith.

    Section 78: If the alternative approaches proposed by Iran don't satisfy IAEA, Iran and the Joint Commission (=the other signatories of the treaty) try to resolve the issue. If the issue still cannot be resolved, then the Joint Commission will decide either unanimously or by a majority vote (5 out of 8 votes) on the actions Iran needs to implement within 3 days of the vote.

    Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

  17. #20057
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    13,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    You do know the US Congress never ratified the Iran deal? It was an executive action by Obama, and Trump can use that piece of paper to wipe his ass with, if he wants to, legally. Not to mention the deal itself was completely ineffective in monitoring Iranian nuclear activities, as the Iranians never agreed to allow inspectors onto any of their military sites, only the civilian ones. As much as the euros are bitching about his pullout, they all agree the deal was bad. The alternative to not having a deal is not immediately war, ffs (though it is the final destination for stupid people). Ultimately, if Iran wants to remain sovereign, it will need to play ball. The West also has economic interests in Iranian industry, so they don't really want a war either. It's what the Saudis will do, that worries me, tbh.
    Oh god.

    The full agreement text: https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...ear-deal/1651/

    Relevant parts: page 42, sections 74-78.

    Section 75: If IAEA has a concern about nuclear activities at some unspecified location, it can ask for a clarification.

    Section 76: If the answers by Iran do not satisfy IAEA, then IAEA has the right to request access to the site.

    Section 77: Iran may propose alternative approaches instead of allowing access to the site in question, which need to be considered in good faith.

    Section 78: If the alternative approaches proposed by Iran don't satisfy IAEA, Iran and the Joint Commission (=the other signatories of the treaty) try to resolve the issue. If the issue still cannot be resolved, then the Joint Commission will decide either unanimously or by a majority vote (5 out of 8 votes) on the actions Iran needs to implement within 3 days of the vote.
    To translate the legalese: if the IAEA wants to see a site and the Iranians don't want to, then 5 nations can overrule them, which includes the US, the UK, Germany, France, the EU, China and Russia. I am sure you could convince 5 of them to vote in your favor.
    nevar forget

  18. #20058
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Trump is pulling out of the Iran deal and Israel is ramping things up over Iran. I hope America is not about to get bounced into another stupid war.


    Sooo, suppose you are Kim Jong-un and about to meet Trump sometime soon for setting up some kind of contract ... would you then actually believe in Trump not breaking that on a whim?

    gg, well played, Mr. President.
    Would you as Kim care? If the deal was ok enough! Kim will v here in teb years ... Trump wont.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

  19. #20059
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    You do know the US Congress never ratified the Iran deal? It was an executive action by Obama, and Trump can use that piece of paper to wipe his ass with, if he wants to, legally. Not to mention the deal itself was completely ineffective in monitoring Iranian nuclear activities, as the Iranians never agreed to allow inspectors onto any of their military sites, only the civilian ones. As much as the euros are bitching about his pullout, they all agree the deal was bad. The alternative to not having a deal is not immediately war, ffs (though it is the final destination for stupid people). Ultimately, if Iran wants to remain sovereign, it will need to play ball. The West also has economic interests in Iranian industry, so they don't really want a war either. It's what the Saudis will do, that worries me, tbh.
    Oh god.

    The full agreement text: https://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...ear-deal/1651/

    Relevant parts: page 42, sections 74-78.

    Section 75: If IAEA has a concern about nuclear activities at some unspecified location, it can ask for a clarification.

    Section 76: If the answers by Iran do not satisfy IAEA, then IAEA has the right to request access to the site.

    Section 77: Iran may propose alternative approaches instead of allowing access to the site in question, which need to be considered in good faith.

    Section 78: If the alternative approaches proposed by Iran don't satisfy IAEA, Iran and the Joint Commission (=the other signatories of the treaty) try to resolve the issue. If the issue still cannot be resolved, then the Joint Commission will decide either unanimously or by a majority vote (5 out of 8 votes) on the actions Iran needs to implement within 3 days of the vote.
    To translate the legalese: if the IAEA wants to see a site and the Iranians don't want to, then 5 nations can overrule them, which includes the US, the UK, Germany, France, the EU, China and Russia. I am sure you could convince 5 of them to vote in your favor.
    YeH i was just going to say its all diplomatic speak....it has teeth just not hnnng hurf blurf destroy speak...

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

  20. #20060
    walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Posts
    6,122
    But guize, a talking head on tv told me that the deal was bad m'kay!
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •