hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1078 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 78578978102810681075107610771078107910801081 ... LastLast
Results 21,541 to 21,560 of 21693

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    It is also exactly the sort of thing which is a pain in the arse to deal with so I can easily see it getting left to sit in a warehouse for years while bureaucracy spins its wheels.
    Also Lebanon is not well known for its efficient bureaucracy.

Tapapapatalk
    Even at a place with efficient bureaucracy I guess there's lot of legal stuff involved that would prevent authorities to do with that stuff as they're pleased. I seem to remember an incident with an commercial airplane that didn't pass the required security checks, so was forbidden to take off. But the owning airline didn't fix it. So it got parked somewhere at that airport, accumulating parking fees. Which the notoriously deficit airline couldn't eventually pay. So there's that airplane worth money, its owner owing a similar sum to the airport, but yet the airport couldn't just confiscate the plan and sell it off. Took ages to get the legal papers done.
    Yep.

So, my bet is that every port everywhere is doing a massive inventory check now to avoid that happening to them.
    Oh, you sweet summer child
    More like actively burning documents and burying shit behind other dusty crates

and accidentally shipping containers off the pier.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/05/o...xplosions.html

My first summer job was at the port of Beirut. It was the late ’90s and I was just a teenager. I spent muggy months entering shipping data as part of an ambitious new program to move the port from analog to digital log keeping. It was as unglamorous as you would expect from a bottom-rung job in the bowels of a Middle East bureaucracy. But despite the heat and the monotony, there was optimism.

The port was critical infrastructure in an economy rejuvenating after 15 years of civil war. Digital log keeping was part of the future — and an attempt to introduce much-needed order and transparency to a recovering public sector. This was, after all, the same port that had been rendered unusable during the civil war by sunken vessels and unexploded ordnance, save for one area controlled by a militia.

The Lebanon that emerged from that rubble is gone, gradually choked by a cynical political class. Yesterday, it was finished off. The port of Beirut was blown up in an explosion that killed at least 100 people (and counting), wounded more than 4,000 and destroyed blocks of the city. Lebanon now faces a new type of catastrophe for which decades of war and political instability were poor preparation.

By all appearances the port disaster did not involve the usual suspects — Hezbollah, Israel, jihadist terrorism or the government of neighboring Syria. The truth seems to be both duller and more disturbing: Decades of rot at every level of Lebanon’s institutions destroyed Beirut’s port, much of the city, and far too many lives. It is precisely the banality behind the explosion that captures the particular punishment and humiliation heaped on Lebanon.
    So far, Lebanese officials are in agreement about what happened, though it’s likely that more than one “official” account will emerge. After all, this is Lebanon, a country deeply divided by politics, religion and history. But here is what we know as of now, according to reporting by credible Lebanese media: Some 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate unloaded from a disabled vessel in 2014 had been stored in a port warehouse. Then yesterday, a welding accident ignited nearby fireworks — which caused the ammonium nitrate to explode.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Trump: "No one has done more to protect our troops than me!"

Reality:

US troops injured after Russian vehicle rams them in Syria

Four US troops were wounded in northeast Syria this week after a Russian vehicle intentionally rammed the one they were driving.

The four US service members were diagnosed with concussion-like symptoms after the altercation, Politico reported, citing a draft of a Pentagon statement.

A series of videos posted to Twitter on Wednesday appears to show several Russian patrol vehicles harassing US vehicles that had attempted to block their path.

One video shows one of the Russian vehicles, identified as a Kamaz Typhoon by the Twitter user, ramming into an American MaxxPro.

Another video shows a Russian helicopter flying low overhead of the skirmish of vehicles.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9690356.html

inb4 Razor says "The Russians have Syria's permission to operate there, the US doesn't."
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

There are bigger problems and we're in no condition to confront anyone over some bumper cars

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    There are bigger problems and we're in no condition to confront anyone over some bumper cars
    Ah, so because there are bigger problems, we can't devote anything to this particular problem?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Ah, so because there are bigger problems, we can't devote anything to this particular problem?
    Rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

This is also what gets said about every Important National Security thing, "oh just because we have bigger problems doesn't mean we can't do X!" Actually yeah it does cause I haven't seen any fucking proof otherwise

Get back to me when half the pacific coast stops burning down because we care more about some gay carriers than having decent infrastructure
    Last edited by mewninn; August 28 2020 at 04:14:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    What's the problem here, exactly?

If the US air force responded with a MOAB and flattened a local hospital would that satiate you?

Action for actions sake

Maybe Trump should write a harsh letter to Putin, I am sure that's going to solve any potential incidents on the ground.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Maybe Trump should write a harsh letter to Putin, I am sure that's going to solve any potential incidents on the ground.
    Would be better than trying to get them back in to the G8, after learning about bounties the Russians placed on US troops.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Why is the USA still trying to overthrow the legitimate government of Syria?

Aside from the massive pipeline the Saudis want to run through the country that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Why is the USA still trying to overthrow the legitimate government of Syria?

Aside from the massive pipeline the Saudis want to run through the country that is.

the sheep cannot take down the lion

I didn't know rats and lions are easily confused for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    I mean he's not killing enough white people so I could see why you'd be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Try to at least make sense if you speak.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

It is so edgy to cheer for genocidal dictator responsible for worst extermination of his own people since Pol Pot.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    It is so edgy to cheer for genocidal dictator responsible for worst extermination of his own people since Pol Pot.
    Saudi-backed jihadists aren't his people.