hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1061 of 1068 FirstFirst ... 61561961101110511058105910601061106210631064 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,220 of 21357

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    do I doubt the Iranians rolled up some informants for the CIA that were probably sloppy and let themselves get caught? nah, but calling them "cia spies" is a bit of a stretch
    The whole perception of spies and intelligence agencies is massively romanticised anyway.
    To expand on this: there is a less than tiny chance that a fair amount of CIA sources within Iran doesn't even know they're a source.

Tapapapatalk
    The idea that the CIA has 290 operatives inside Iran is ludicrous anyway. It's just the Iranian version of paranoia talking. I doubt ordinary Iranians believe it either.
    I'd guess it's a case of 290 people talking about their jobs to people they know, that they've met at parties, functions, conventions. And one of these is someone who tells that info to that friend who lives abroad.

Only the person living abroad knows he's spying. Everyone else talks about thier lives and the lives of their friends.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

yes, the 80 million middle eastern oil rich country between iraq and afghanistan that has been sanctioned for the last 40 years can not possibly host 290 CIA operatives and informants, let alone a couple thousands

What I'm saying is that to be classed as a source takes a lot less effort or even knowledge than most people think.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

and that all of them were executed with a mortar because it's the axis of evil

do I doubt the Iranians rolled up some informants for the CIA that were probably sloppy and let themselves get caught? nah, but calling them "cia spies" is a bit of a stretch
    The whole perception of spies and intelligence agencies is massively romanticised anyway.
    To expand on this: there is a less than tiny chance that a fair amount of CIA sources within Iran doesn't even know they're a source.

Tapapapatalk
    The idea that the CIA has 290 operatives inside Iran is ludicrous anyway. It's just the Iranian version of paranoia talking. I doubt ordinary Iranians believe it either.
    I'd guess it's a case of 290 people talking about their jobs to people they know, that they've met at parties, functions, conventions. And one of these is someone who tells that info to that friend who lives abroad.

Only the person living abroad knows he's spying. Everyone else talks about thier lives and the lives of their friends.

Tapapapatalk
    Or people are working under a manager who is an informant.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Tapapapatalk

Tapapapatalk
    Or people are working under a manager who is an informant.
    Or family members/friends of the person above.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    and that all of them were executed with a mortar because it's the axis of evil
    I thought the cool kids used anti aircraft cannon these days smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

What I'm saying is that to be classed as a source takes a lot less effort or even knowledge than most people think.

Tapapapatalk
    Yeah, all well and good, but Iran didn't say they were sources. They were spies. I.e. CIA operatives. Some of which Iran apparently executed no less!

If they are now going to execute everyone who might inadvertantly became sources for one thing or another, then we're going to have a genocide on our hands of Twitter users in Iran.

It's absurd! Or rather, yet more bullshit from Iran.

I personally think the UK and the EU should stop pussy footing around with these clowns. Whether you like it or not (and I don't), the deal is dead. Trump rubbished it, and the Iranians are now in clear breach of it. That's a fact, and you can't spin that. So let's start recognising that that is the case, and take it from there.

Tapapapatalk
    Yeah, all well and good, but Iran didn't say they were sources. They were spies. I.e. CIA operatives. Some of which Iran apparently executed no less!

If they are now going to execute everyone who might inadvertantly became sources for one thing or another, then we're going to have a genocide on our hands of Twitter users in Iran.

I personally think the UK and the EU should stop pussy footing around with these clowns. Whether you like it or not (and I don't), the deal is dead. Trump rubbished it, and the Iranians are now in clear breach of it. That's a fact, and you can't spin that. So let's start recognising that that is the case, and take it from there.
    Yes I'm sure that Iran adhered religiously to the precise nuances of English in describing the exact status of the people in question
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

lol, no one believes iran when they say they have captured spies. That is their standard line for everyone.

The Royal Navy's position during the #IRGC #Iran capturing "Stena Impero" in the Gulf of Oman. They were within fire range and intervention position but commanders had a clear Rule of Engagement orders from #London.
    BTW, the Royal Navy has close to zero anti-ship capabilities, "fire range" means small guns and canon.
    UK navy back then , wooden ship iron men

Tapapapatalk

Yeah Iran isn't really known for using exaggerated and overheated rhetoric to gin up support among its population

Tapapapatalk

No country or media has ever misrepresented human intelligence sources as spies, never! Especially not when it suited their needs.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    lol, no one believes iran when they say they have captured spies. That is their standard line for everyone.
    I don't believe they caught a single spy either. I do believe some suspected informants -real or not- vanished into some dungeons never to be seen again though

I don't believe they caught a single spy either.
    Let's hear the thought process behind this.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I don't believe they caught a single spy either.
    Let's hear the thought process behind this.
    If they caught an actual CIA spy (by which I mean a US national undercover in Iran) they'd be parading them around in public

"It's part of the nature of the ayatollah to lie to the world," he said. "I would take with a significant grain of salt any Iranian assertion about actions that they've taken."
    ... says the man serving president Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

Tapapapatalk

Yes I'm sure that Iran adhered religiously to the precise nuances of English in describing the exact status of the people in question
    Actually, I'm pretty impressed by the Iranian usage of the English language in this spat.

Diplomatically they're currently running circles around both the UK and the US, and English is supposed to be those countries' native language.

Trump rubbished it, and the Iranians are now in clear breach of it.
    How does Trump pulling out affect the other signatories? Does it void the whole thing or just remove the US?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Trump rubbished it, and the Iranians are now in clear breach of it.
    How does Trump pulling out affect the other signatories? Does it void the whole thing or just remove the US?
    It makes the entire agreement irrelevant since Trump clearly states OFAC sanction violations by a third party will be targeted with secondary sanctions (Ie if you break any sanction targeting Iran you become sanctioned). And US is actively enforcing this even on European "allies".