hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1040 of 1066 FirstFirst ... 40540940990103010371038103910401041104210431050 ... LastLast
Results 20,781 to 20,800 of 21303

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    I think the point is that young age or being of the fairer sex does not preclude any terrorist or violent action.
    the point is rather that Bart is being implicitly racist here by implying that the fact she's a foreigner, and a refugee at that, she's automatically more likely to commit "TERRORISM!".

the whole case is a good illustration of systemic racism in action though people's kneejerk reactions, had it been a soccer or handball club nobody would bat a eyelid, but because it's a gun club the spectres associated with middle eastern terrorism comes out of the closet instantly, regardless of the fact we're talking about a 16 year old girl who fled the fucking area to get away from it.

and as for the pistols, it's truly terrifying things like this Walther GSP and OSP that are usually used, though it depends on club and range availability. some ranges allow people to shoot larger cartridges like 9mm and .45 auto.

You are an idiot ...
    Yeah....Liare went of the deep end there.
    As he always does ...

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    I think the point is that young age or being of the fairer sex does not preclude any terrorist or violent action.
    So what is your conclusion? We should ban the girl from training under supervision in gun clubs because she comes from the Middle East? Offcourse young people or being of the fairer sex doesn't preclude that, but is that sufficient grounds to make informed intelligent decisions on anything? Following that logic (and generalization) we should also ban middle aged men living home with their parents from joining gun clubs too because that was the demographic our own home grown terrorist mass murder spawned from.
    Why paint with such a broad stroke?

IMO the problem isnt so much that she might be a potential Jihadi or from the ME. I think that from a psych standpoint it is not wise to give somebody gun shooting lessons who is a refugee from a active warzone. It is literally a trigger warning in a psych sense.
    Of all the things you can possibly do to help a refugee from a warzone integrate into their new homeland gun lessons shouldn't be one.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

So what is your conclusion? We should ban the girl from training under supervision in gun clubs because she comes from the Middle East? Offcourse young people or being of the fairer sex doesn't preclude that, but is that sufficient grounds to make informed intelligent decisions on anything? Following that logic (and generalization) we should also ban middle aged men living home with their parents from joining gun clubs too because that was the demographic our own home grown terrorist mass murder spawned from.

IMO the problem isnt so much that she might be a potential Jihadi or from the ME. I think that from a psych standpoint it is not wise to give somebody gun shooting lessons who is a refugee from a active warzone. It is literally a trigger warning in a psych sense.
    Of all the things you can possibly do to help a refugee from a warzone integrate into their new homeland gun lessons shouldn't be one.
    USA in gun obsession; leads to weirdness.

Every fucking day.

this is gonna end well

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/03/n...-brooklyn.html

where did we see this?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    this is gonna end well

where did we see this?

Spoiler:

Surely importing large immigrants that don't integrate can only lead to good things? I mean where else are we gonna get authentic food.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    this is gonna end well

where did we see this?

Spoiler:

Surely importing large immigrants that don't integrate can only lead to good things? I mean where else are we gonna get authentic food.
    How about importing short immigrants. Or immigrants with no legs?

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

She will always be under supervision taking gun lessons. I could understand the argument if it boils down to actually posessing a gun privately, but with the psychiatric aspect aside she's even too young for that.

This is 5 feathers turned into 10 hens

She will always be under supervision taking gun lessons. I could understand the argument if it boils down to actually posessing a gun privately, but with the psychiatric aspect aside she's even too young for that.

And second, psychology-wise there are only triggers if there is PSTD. She may have anxiety, depression, or other symptoms, or none at all. Should she have, gun lessons can be a way to alleviate anxiety and could potentially be overall beneficial for her well-being, especially if the idea of taking up shooting as a hobby was initiated by her. The whole debate seems ridiculous, to be polite.

Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. - Blaise Pascal, Pensées, 277

Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post

And second, psychology-wise there are only triggers if there is PSTD. She may have anxiety, depression, or other symptoms, or none at all. Should she have, gun lessons can be a way to alleviate anxiety and could potentially be overall beneficial for her well-being, especially if the idea of taking up shooting as a hobby was initiated by her. The whole debate seems ridiculous, to be polite.
    Worked well for 'American Sniper' ... Ohh wait ...

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaios View Post

Worked well for 'American Sniper' ... Ohh wait ...
    If you're going to take that argumentative approach we can reduce permissible actions all the way to preventing home cooking.

the kneejerk reaction towards "OMG JIHADIST" That bart, hopefully in jest, posted is a good exsample of that sort of shit in action, Helgur posted a whole lot more of it below.

why should somebody's freedom be curtailed on the basis that they're a refugee ?

it's essentially the argument you're making here.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

reeeeeeeeeee

You can't speculate on the level of trauma a 'refugee'' has suffered.

maybe she's finally in a country where a woman is allowed to learn how to use firearms instead of being a birthmachine and wants to feel empowered after suffering in a warzone where everyone else had guns

i dunno

i am a pacifist but ever since i've been through a bit of a war i wouldn't mind doing some target practice, you know, JUST IN CASE

also: morbid fascination with ugly things can be a thing and a way to solve ptsp
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

The fuck you can mate.

A person living in peace all of their life in London or a refugee from a active warzone.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

the kneejerk reaction towards "OMG JIHADIST" That bart, hopefully in jest, posted is a good exsample of that sort of shit in action, Helgur posted a whole lot more of it below.

why should somebody's freedom be curtailed on the basis that they're a refugee ?

it's essentially the argument you're making here.
    I am not doing that at all. Fuck me for every Smart post you make it needs to be balanced by a dumb one?

Read what i said again mim8

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Hahaha, Smart post?

Hahaha, Smart post?
    Stop having a hard-on for him. Stop being toxic and the same goes to liare and Isyel.

Thanks

Schopenhauer:

First, it is ridiculed.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE 2 ELECTric BOOGALOO

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post

The fuck you can mate.

A person living in peace all of their life in London or a refugee from a active warzone.

I didn't mean to be offensive... A refugee could just as easily be someone of relative wealth who saw the writing on the wall and escaped before being personally affected.