hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1055 of 1058 FirstFirst ... 55555955100510451052105310541055105610571058 LastLast
Results 21,081 to 21,100 of 21146

Thread: Jihadist Caliphate LLC. Extremist Thunderdome's everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    What about a Hellfire from some sort of implausible and hypothetical drone?
    Yeah, a Hellfire from a drone: completely untraceable that one!

Why not paint a stars-and-stripes bullseye on the side, with the words 'Trump did it!' (optional: *penis*) then?
    If you just deny hard enough, people will believe you.
    Tried and tested?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

you're still not answering the "why" and "who" here.

strapping ordinance on a drone is not rocket science, putting some sort of beam riding/SACLOS AT missile, like the hellfire or a 9M113 Konkurs on a drone with a guidance package is within the grasp of any military force, and a lot of armed groups in the area, assuming you could source a drone sufficiently large to actually get the thing airborne.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Didn't the Iranians try to shoot down a Predator drone in the area. IIRC they're murican and rock hellfires. That's the who.

And the why: ~Bolton~

I'm just spitballing.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Didn't the Iranians try to shoot down a Predator drone in the area. IIRC they're murican and rock hellfires. That's the who.

And the why: ~Bolton~

I'm just spitballing.
    shooting down drones that violate your territorial boundaries aren't really a nefarious activity, it's the sort of thing countries do.

but yes, they did nick a RQ-170 drone trough GPS spoofing a couple of years ago.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

While Trump and his band of low effort humans certainly are arrogant in their ignorance, I don't think they'd literally use a missile and drone that really can only be traced back to them. Nor do they need to, nor did whatever exploded on the tanker do the kind of damage a hellfire does.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    While Trump and his band of low effort humans certainly are arrogant in their ignorance, I don't think they'd literally use a missile and drone that really can only be traced back to them. Nor do they need to, nor did whatever exploded on the tanker do the kind of damage a hellfire does.
    It was shaped explosive charges on all ships.

Anything else would have sunk them. Torps and real sea mines sink these ships, and explode under the ship and breaks it in two with the bubble it creates.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankunytjatjara View Post
    OK so is anyone not thinking "Trump second term war"?
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120885...1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post

Anything else would have sunk them. Torps and real sea mines sink these ships, and explode under the ship and breaks it in two with the bubble it creates.
    Ding dong, we have a winner.

Now consider this: why would anyone want to damage a tanker in the straight, but not want to sink or burn it all down (with the loss of life, pollution, and disruption that would mean).

Spoiler:

To send a message and/or provoke a reaction with an action that, while serious, is still well below the level of violence needed to provoke an outright war declaration.

Stir some shit up, basically ...

Does this limit our list of suspect?

No. Not really. Although we might take Bolton off our list ... that nutter is insane enough to let off a nuke to start a shooting war ...

strapping ordinance on a drone is not rocket science, putting some sort of beam riding/SACLOS AT missile, like the hellfire or a 9M113 Konkurs on a drone with a guidance package is within the grasp of any military force, and a lot of armed groups in the area, assuming you could source a drone sufficiently large to actually get the thing airborne.
    I beg to differ, I think missiles do fall under the realm of rocket science.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    US says they have the Iranians on video removing one of their unexploded limpet mines from the side of one of the tankers that were attacked today.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/13/p...ine/index.html
    removing a unexploded limpet mine does not mean they planted said limpet mine, just that they removed one.

Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post
    First it was torpedoes, than limpet mines, than now again talk about small drones or artillery shells. It appears no one has clear idea what hit the ships actually, only that Iran is to blame.
    Iran has the least to gain from hitting these ships tho, it's literately in Iranian territorial waters carrying iranian oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    US says they have the Iranians on video removing one of their unexploded limpet mines from the side of one of the tankers that were attacked today.

I've heard that reports. And I wondered why would somebody do that? The next question that came up: if there's video footage, and by the looks of it someone controlling the camera, as it zooms in and out, why has nobody bothered to stop the boat?

For all I know, it might very well be Iran. But after all the false flag operations, it's hard to trust anybody in this game. There's tons of potential suspect countries/groups. For all of which a plausible cause could be constructed, e.g. it was Saudi-Arabia, ally of the U.S. and arch enemy of Iran, to get the U.S. involved in a military conflict.

And the targets? A Norwegian and a Japanese ship? It's not like those countries are heavily involved down there. The crew of the Japanese ship also reported to have seen "flying objects" prior to the explosion.
    the incident was in Iranian territorial waters, if the USN intervened, it would have been a literal act of war, sending drones in and whining about them getting shot down like they did yesterday is already a bit beyond the "boo-hooo" line.
    So all of a sudden the U.S. has quarrels when it comes to respecting territorial zones? When did this change of mind happen? I clearly haven't gotten that memo.

removing a unexploded limpet mine does not mean they planted said limpet mine, just that they removed one.

First it was torpedoes, than limpet mines, than now again talk about small drones or artillery shells. It appears no one has clear idea what hit the ships actually, only that Iran is to blame.
    Iran has the least to gain from hitting these ships tho, it's literately in Iranian territorial waters carrying iranian oil.

I've heard that reports. And I wondered why would somebody do that? The next question that came up: if there's video footage, and by the looks of it someone controlling the camera, as it zooms in and out, why has nobody bothered to stop the boat?

For all I know, it might very well be Iran. But after all the false flag operations, it's hard to trust anybody in this game. There's tons of potential suspect countries/groups. For all of which a plausible cause could be constructed, e.g. it was Saudi-Arabia, ally of the U.S. and arch enemy of Iran, to get the U.S. involved in a military conflict.

And the targets? A Norwegian and a Japanese ship? It's not like those countries are heavily involved down there. The crew of the Japanese ship also reported to have seen "flying objects" prior to the explosion.
    the incident was in Iranian territorial waters, if the USN intervened, it would have been a literal act of war, sending drones in and whining about them getting shot down like they did yesterday is already a bit beyond the "boo-hooo" line.
    So all of a sudden the U.S. has quarrels when it comes to respecting territorial zones? When did this change of mind happen? I clearly haven't gotten that memo.
    i can just see the headlines, "USN Vessel destroys Iranian patrolboat engaged in removing unexploded limpet mine from tanker"

i don't think there is enough spin on this planet to make that one come out good.
    Viking, n.:

i can just see the headlines, "USN Vessel destroys Iranian patrolboat engaged in removing unexploded limpet mine from tanker"

i don't think there is enough spin on this planet to make that one come out good.
    I think you're assuming that Cheeto Mussolini and his merry band of neocon psycopaths give a flying fuck what anyone thinks.
    meh

Chancellor Angela Merkel has said there is "strong evidence" Iran carried out attacks on two tankers in the Gulf of Oman. She also warned Iran of consequences if it violated the 2015 international nuclear deal.

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-says-t...cks/a-49248524

EU and Germany are -toothless and completely irelevant..

I think you're assuming that Cheeto Mussolini and his merry band of neocon psycopaths give a flying fuck what anyone thinks.
    >implying any of previous administrations did
    they were just better at marketing war

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

>implying any of previous administrations did
    they were just better at marketing war
    99.5% chance they'll be proven better at executing it too.
    meh

What sort of shape?

Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post

What sort of shape?
    Spherical!

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post

What sort of shape?
    Spherical!
    Glad we cleared that up at least ...

Iran shoots down US drone just when the orange one was discussion the latest missile attacks from Yemen.

The escalation is proceeding quite well ...

Tangent to boogaloo & fresh sanctions,

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Tangent to boogaloo & fresh sanctions,

What's Trump going to do? Sanction BitCoin?

That'll be hilarious!