hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [devpost] Wormhole twerking

[devpost] Wormhole twerking

https://forums.eveonline.com/default...posts&t=362811

Quote Originally Posted by Simsung Padecain
    It has come to my attention that CCP has another glorious feature making it's way into WH space. (currently on sisi)

The distance that your ship will be ejected out of a wormhole after you jump, is based on it's mass.
    Capital ships go up to 40km off the wormhole!.

Quote Originally Posted by CCP Fozzie
    Good afternoon everyone.

We are indeed working on some changes to how ships spawn when they jump through wormholes. This is one part of a series of wormhole iterations we are working on and that we will be publishing a dev blog on soon. We will be looking for player feedback at that time.
    The version of the code that is on SISI is absolutely not the final version, and is not running final numbers (the ranges we are working with internally are quite a bit closer than what is on this build of SISI).

We'll be posting a dev blog with the whole collection of proposed changes next week and we will be very interested in taking your feedback then. In the meantime I advise you all to not panic. Nobody is out to get you.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
    Some pretty good rage in that thread. Seems ccp wants to shake up the armor brawling meta thats pretty unavoidable when you jump in at short ranges or something i dunno.

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

Lightbulb CCP experiments with how a ship comes out of a wormhole

Someone on the test server noticed the distance a ship appears from the wormhole it just used varies depending on the ships mass. The bigger the ship, the farther away it was. Capital ships appearing around 40km away from the wormhole.

Quote Originally Posted by CCP Fozzie
    Good afternoon everyone.

We are indeed working on some changes to how ships spawn when they jump through wormholes. This is one part of a series of wormhole iterations we are working on and that we will be publishing a dev blog on soon. We will be looking for player feedback at that time.
    The version of the code that is on SISI is absolutely not the final version, and is not running final numbers (the ranges we are working with internally are quite a bit closer than what is on this build of SISI).

We'll be posting a dev blog with the whole collection of proposed changes next week and we will be very interested in taking your feedback then. In the meantime I advise you all to not panic. Nobody is out to get you.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
    https://forums.eveonline.com/default...71#post4872371

Obviously it is a big game changer. My only question is; will this mechanic only be limited to wormholes or will other things be considered... *cough* cynos *cough*

Shit you beat me to it by 9 seconds. Could a mod lock the one I made please.

fastest poster in the west

https://zkillboard.com/character/195872744/ have a look to see all the fun im having in eve. If you arent having fun in eve you`re probably bad at eve. Please better yourself.

That thread is amazing. Some really risk averse worm hole players are threatening to leave their holes to go to Jita to shoot the statue over this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    Shit you beat me to it by 9 seconds. Could a mod lock the one I made please.
    Merged them since you added some insight.

The change makes bulk importing into wormholes absurdly dangerous and really makes logistics a pain in the ass.

Right now you can run a JF into w-space in near perfect safety, just knock the hole down to 1.5 JF masses, send the JF through and have it begin warp to safety, if it gets tackled you just jump back through the hole you came in from and it collapses behind you. You can then immediately jump drive to safety on the other side. You can even do this if you connect to a neutral/hostile wormhole with a k-space connection, just crit the WH that goes to your system and do the 1.5x JF mass thing on the WH to k-space, freighter warps from one hole to the other and the hole to your system collapses behind it.

Damn, good shit. Also hoping this gets applied to cynos >:-D
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    I just want to point out while it may be good, it should not be the only tweak to the issues we have discussed in other threads in regards to power projection. But I don't want to derail this thread.

It is my understanding that most fights in unknown space boils down to armor brawling setups. Would this change help diversify it some, well at least fights on holes?

Good change. WH meta has needed a shake up.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

I just want to point out while it may be good, it should not be the only tweak to the issues we have discussed in other threads in regards to power projection. But I don't want to derail this thread.

It is my understanding that most fights in unknown space boils down to armor brawling setups. Would this change help diversify it some, well at least fights on holes?
    Right now, any fight with a WH entity, even if the fight is in K-space, involves armor brawling. This will likely bring Ishtars into the meta, and kinda still kiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cue1* View Post

Right now, any fight with a WH entity, even if the fight is in K-space, involves armor brawling. This will likely bring Ishtars into the meta, and kinda still kiting.
    well LR web loki web farther than that with links anyway, I don't see *much* kitting in the bigger boys side of the pond.

and if it's linear (wich I hope it isn't) that mean a BS will spawn something like 4k away from the WH aniway, and that doesn't change much. It will be alot more dangerous jumping caps INTO someone though obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

well LR web loki web farther than that with links anyway, I don't see *much* kitting in the bigger boys side of the pond.

and if it's linear (wich I hope it isn't) that mean a BS will spawn something like 4k away from the WH aniway, and that doesn't change much. It will be alot more dangerous jumping caps INTO someone though obviously.
    Ishtars are already used, this will just make them much more common. Also, if it's mass based, there's less changed by this, as subcaps will still need to be brawling setup. Caps can easily be 40k off their subcap blob and not loose much. The only thing it punishes is refitting.

Closing c5/c6 holes with caps get somewhat more dangerous

What if the effect was reversed? Ie, carriers and dreads continue to spawn <5km. Smaller/lighter shit gets flung farther out?
    "We need less dakka dakka!" -No one. Ever.

Ahahahahaha. Oh man, this is amazing. Fuck rolling your static now.

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post

Ishtars are already used, this will just make them much more common. Also, if it's mass based, there's less changed by this, as subcaps will still need to be brawling setup. Caps can easily be 40k off their subcap blob and not loose much. The only thing it punishes is refitting.
    Yeah refitting is a bitch but it's getting back on the hole that is the biggie here, you commit or you die basically since you're not coasting 40 fucking kilometers against anyone mildly competent.

Donor
    Straight off the top of my head this would make hole rolling very painful, as you'd have to have a whole fleet ready to defend your cap which is now 40km off the return WH. Then again maybe that's the point.

Makes people with alts casually closing holes to run sites a suicidal proposition.

I think people were complaining heavily the last time CCP decided to take something from WH'ers, but I think this makes up for that. Good luck trying to care bear in total safety if everytime you attempt to roll a whole your rolling ship can get dunked.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

Donor
    Also, and this is much worse imo, but one of the biggest draws of w-space for bears coming from empire space is that you're always on jump range on the other side - so it's risk free. Highsec WH camps are mostly pointless for this reason.

It sounds like a minor point but unlike low/null where if you're unlucky and jump into a camp you're likely fucked in a PVE ship, you can jump into WHs from highsec with reckless abandon because you can always get back out immediately. This ability cannot be understated from a risk management perspective.