hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hobbocamping with dictors

Obviously this is a broken mechanic and Mittens is only using it to prove the point to CCP until they change it. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post

Bubbling the undock is important and should be a tactic. It is valid for holding people down (even if it means the loss of a dictor) and for bubbling on stations in renter space to catch late warpers to station.
    You could still bubble the undock. Bubbles are much bigger than 5km. Forcing a dictor to go to a range he can't immediately redock at would mean you can't bubble risk free any more.
    I'm not so sure this is a perfect solution... 5km from docking radius is often more than 15km from the undock itself in a lot of station models.

Ron's solution has worked for us in the past - before I had my 3rd cap character, I used him to bomb undocks clear of bubbles. I'm not sure I love how short the window is when the dictor pilot is actually paying attention, but you could argue it's just a l2pay attention on the side of the caps trying to jump out.

Putting back attempted warp aggressing wouldn't be perfect either, of course - pilots could still hobojam for as long as they have hulls. At least it would introduce a more significant cost to it, though not huge in the grand scheme of things. I think overall, in all bubbling situations, it would be a net positive to change it back to aggressing, so any effect it has on hobojamming would be good.
    co-winner, CFC GoodPoster Award 2014

It is far from perfect. Stations models would need to be reworked to some extent at the very least.

Why can't the bubble just disappear when the dictor docks or jumps through a gate

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktum Yourday View Post
    Why can't the bubble just disappear when the dictor docks or jumps through a gate
    Good question, missiles work like that don't they? If you leave grid they poor?
    hi im requiescat and im pretty awful at eve

I know bombs don't but they also give you agression. So no docking or jumping away. I'm also sure missiles shot before you warp off will still be on grid when you leave.

Aight, hobbocamping got fixed but I think we might have a new problem. I'll demonstrate.

With the changed jump mechanics you're going to see a lot of fleets like this all around 00. Only one dictor will make it really painful for a fleet like that to travel around. Of course you could and you should bring dudes to kill the dictor(s) but they're pretty slippery.

Either they revert back to the old "tries to warp off - get aggressed" -mechanic or bubbles will get destroyed when you leave the system.
    Last edited by Noobonga; March 18 2015 at 10:34:20 PM.

I don't really see a problem with it. There are plenty of ways to kill dictors

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meowtiger View Post
    Good question, missiles work like that don't they? If you leave grid they poor?
    Ill fight any of you good at math and finding patterns? I'm tired, and sure there is a lot of missiles.

Bring your own bubbler & anti-dessy ships. If your fleet gets bubbled, bubble the other side at the same time, kill him, don't have to deal with him again (until he reships).

It's still BS that you can't trigger aggro (weapons timers) on someone that's bubbled you even if you try and warp from inside the bubble before they've jumped out.

I do miss some things about having 60 second session timers...
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

I remember having fleets through GW and having incoming members bubbled by RA. I was yelling in the comms for the bubbled isolated guys to try to warp so we can come and catch the bastard. They were replying annoyed that they cannot warp because they are bubbled and that they don't need to warp because the dictor is on the gate with them.
    By the time we were explaining them the mechanics the Sabre was long gone. Next day other guys were bubbled X(

Yea and have a couple supers or carriers fit with some smart bombs... problem solved. You'll either kill the dictor and probably his pod and the bubble. Your weapons timer will be gone by the time you land on the next gate.