hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hobbocamping with dictors

Hobbocamping with dictors

This thread is a split from the Delve thread.

Quote Originally Posted by meowtiger View Post
    Adding to our arsenal of methods to fuck with NPC dwellers, let's not forget hobojamming: where an interdictor pilot repeatedly undocks, bubbles, and redocks as an enemy fleet helplessly tries to use their capitals.
    why again did we decide that it was a good idea for dictors to not get aggression when dropping a bubble? more importantly, what shitlord at ccp decided that for us?
    All someone has to do is try to warp from within the bubble. IIRC it has to do with the way the aggression flagging mechanics work; basically you have to do something to another pilot/object in space for the flag to be called up. So essentially when you drop a bubble you have not affected the other pilots at all until they try to warp.
    Last edited by Cue1*; July 10 2014 at 06:09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    All someone has to do is try to warp from within the bubble. IIRC it has to do with the way the aggression flagging mechanics work; basically you have to do something to another pilot/object in space for the flag to be called up. So essentially when you drop a bubble you have not affected the other pilots at all until they try to warp.
    doesn't actually work anymore. there's no way for a dictor to get weapons timer from bubbles. which i presume was to help small gang roaming dictor pilots be able to bubble both sides of a gate, but i don't think it's an even trade-off
    hi im requiescat and im pretty awful at eve

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    doesn't actually work anymore. there's no way for a dictor to get weapons timer from bubbles. which i presume was to help small gang roaming dictor pilots be able to bubble both sides of a gate, but i don't think it's an even trade-off
    Wow that's fucking retarded; especially considering any non retard knew that you could click to jump through the gate & drop a bubble during the gate fire animation.

you're telling me.

now, any cunt can make a noob corp dictor alt and sit in somebody's staging system with a giant stack of bubbles and completely nullify an entire alliance with zero repercussions or counter. there's no way to stop them from bubbling, and once they bubble there's no way to stop them from docking. and as we all know, the chief export of the cfc is total gamebreaking faggotry, so i guess staging out of npc stations is now completely dead

The problem with the warp in bubble mechanic is a sacrificial lamb can constantly reaggro the dictor pilot and keep in system for up to three minutes. I think a compromise could be worked out if a dictor pilot could destroy his bubbles at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    The problem with the warp in bubble mechanic is a sacrificial lamb can constantly reaggro the dictor pilot and keep in system for up to three minutes. I think a compromise could be worked out if a dictor pilot could destroy his bubbles at will.
    Ummmmm, I'm not seeing the problem here; don't drop the bubble if you can't take the heat?

How again is that a problem?

It's easy to say that in a vacuum but it was beyond super lame in practice.
    here are your choices: bubbling agros dictor pilots and it's inconvenient for dictor pilots, and some fcs who don't have multiple dictor pilots in their fleets, or bubbling doesn't agro dictor pilots and it's inconvenient for pretty much everyone who isn't the dictor pilot, ever, up to and including whole powerblocs basing out of npc stations

Or you could give bubbles the smartbomb treatment and not let them be launched within a certain range of the station.

Or you could give launching a bubble a 3-5s aggro timer so that instas can deal with it on the station. Should still be able to bubble a gate and jump through unless there are instas in fleet.

Or you could just let the bubble launch at the end of the module cycle so the dictor is vulnerable for a few seconds for instas. Sadly this may mean fleets/caps getting away with those extra few seconds. Not ideal.

Idk, I'm just spit-balling here, hobojamming is broken as hell and I'm not sure there is a good way to fix it without ruining the current charm of dictors.
    Last edited by Bocephus; July 9 2014 at 10:59:23 PM.

HEY LOOK AT ME I HAVE A TITAN LordsServant's Avatar
    Or you could give bubbles the smartbomb treatment and not let them be launched within a certain range of the station.
    Bubbling the undock is important and should be a tactic. It is valid for holding people down (even if it means the loss of a dictor) and for bubbling on stations in renter space to catch late warpers to station.

Or you could give launching a bubble a 3-5s aggro timer so that instas can deal with it on the station. Should still be able to bubble a gate and jump through unless there are instas in fleet.
    This is a bad idea as it requires no skill or other input on the part of hostiles. It also seems stupidly hackish and even if you can't poke a hole in it, those kinds of "fixes" end up being broken in one way or another down the line. Causing aggro from trying to warp in the bubble is perfectly valid require someone else to actually do something in order to cause the aggro.

Or you could just let the bubble launch at the end of the module cycle so the dictor is vulnerable for a few seconds for instas. Sadly this may mean fleets/caps getting away with those extra few seconds. Not ideal.
    You explained it yourself, bubbles should be insta.

Idk, I'm just spit-balling here, hobojamming is broken as hell and I'm not sure there is a good way to fix it without ruining the current charm of dictors.
    Not really, it was balanced before with the warp-in-bubble causes aggro. No reason to not go back to that. It maintains the "bubble --> jump fast --> bubble" which this lack of aggro is INTENDED to maintain, while preventing mongs from abusing it to actively bubble people who then have zero chance of catching the bubbler if on gate or station.

Should an interceptor be able to point someone, then immediately jump through a gate?

I am a Lamborghini tractor.

The real question is, should there be any tactics in eve at all with literally zero counter?

The real question is, should there be any tactics in eve at all with literally zero counter?
    I bet you any amount of ISK if it was a N3 or PL pilot doing this we would see another multiple page article on how it's an exploit. Remember when Solar would cyno in titans moments before downtime with impunity? CFC masses proclaimed it was part of the sandbox. But, when non-CFC would use downtime to log on trapped supers to escape a hell camp, it was nothing but CFC tear filled eyes screaming how it was an exploit.

this really isn't a discussion about mittens' spin anymore, just a circlejerk about how much bullshit it is that people can bubble fleets into npc stations with complete impunity

everybody who reads tmc already knows everybody who isn't cfc is evil and cheating, and nothing the cfc ever does is an exploit even when it is later confirmed to be an exploit by gms

Quote Originally Posted by Marlona Sky View Post
    I bet you any amount of ISK if it was a N3 or PL pilot doing this we would see another multiple page article on how it's an exploit. Remember when Solar would cyno in titans moments before downtime with impunity? CFC masses proclaimed it was part of the sandbox. But, when non-CFC would use downtime to log on trapped supers to escape a hell camp, it was nothing but CFC tear filled eyes screaming how it was an exploit.
    What are you waiting for then?

I bet you any amount of ISK if it was a N3 or PL pilot doing this we would see another multiple page article on how it's an exploit
    PL did it all throughout the Halloween War. We even added to fleet message of the days- Undock and burn out of the bubbles. No exploit articles =)

dumb post. pilots of all blocs have been hobojamming since they changed it so attempting to warp doesn't aggress (at least a year ago). cfc has been victims to this ourselves and I haven't seen any mass complaints about it being an exploit.

as somebody who primarily flies caps or dictors these days, i'd favor them changing it back so warping in bubble aggresses, but i might be biased.
    co-winner, CFC GoodPoster Award 2014

you actually can stop a dictor from doing it. takes 1 bomb v0v it's not even that hard!

Quote Originally Posted by ron mexxico View Post
    you actually can stop a dictor from doing it. takes 1 bomb v0v it's not even that hard!
    Yep. Bombing your own undock when your guys are trying to get out the station goes over really well. Try it ncdot!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Observer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ron mexxico View Post
    Yep. Bombing your own undock when your guys are trying to get out the station goes over really well. Try it ncdot!
    I hear a single bomb kills lots of combat ships.

Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant View Post

Bubbling the undock is important and should be a tactic. It is valid for holding people down (even if it means the loss of a dictor) and for bubbling on stations in renter space to catch late warpers to station.
    You could still bubble the undock. Bubbles are much bigger than 5km. Forcing a dictor to go to a range he can't immediately redock at would mean you can't bubble risk free any more.
    Last edited by Bocephus; July 10 2014 at 07:50:04 AM.