hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 5 of 127 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving on two wheels at terminal velocity - the [Motorcycle-Thread]

Boiler suit + donkey jacket.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    ...and if you crash, you can break a bone or two but will not die in most circumstances.

Also considering starting in local supermoto races these days as I like riding on tarmac, its just either dumb fucking boring with all the grip or so fast that it shouldnt be done outside of racing events.
    Nobody dies on an asphalt track either, really. On proper tracks anyway, my closest track is dangerous and I stopped riding there after picking up enough speed, and seeing enough buddies hurt themselves there. But there's no reason you shouldn't go as fast as you can on a track outside racing events, except traffic ofc if it's some organized trackday event with not so fast crowd. It's just that you're unlikely to pick up those last seconds without the environment racing events provide.

If you meant public road then lol, yeah, it's not even possible to go proper fast there as too many variables change.

Dirt can be great fun, but for me nothing compares to a good race on an asphalt track. And I mean nothing, not sex, not nuthin'. Anyone wanting to utilize their sportbike to the fullest has to go do trackdays. Which if you like it, can afford it and have a knack for it leads to racing. Which is awesome.

Track also removes the itch to go stupid fast on public roads after a bit, which is a plus. And you can do trackdays on any bike, don't need to have a sportbike, nor race kit.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    SUITS!

So, for a Superbiker (Yamaha R6) what kind of suit is recommended for Scandinavia climate (southern Norway/Sweden & Denmark)
    Nylon or Leather ?

Pros & Cons ?
    One protects better, the other is more adjustable for different weather & temps. Choice is yours.
    I'd leave full leathers for trackdays and go with some textile stuff for everyday, leather jacket maybe. Mostly an aesthetic or comfort based choice, proper textiles protect you well enough, imo.

PS.
    Supersport = 600cc, Superbike = 1000cc.
    Last edited by Qui Shon; August 5 2014 at 04:44:58 PM.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

someone save that poor honda

Should have posted a proper pillion cam instead. Can't embed liveleak I guess?
    http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=98fd9d06d65d
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

WRT suits, goretex is always good if you're going for all weather/temp riding.

Leather or not, its only going to be the abrasion resistance for sliding that matters. I mean if you fall off and hit anything you're fucked anyway. Go for something certified and comfortable.

If you're getting a 2-piece suit, try to get one that zips together as the last thing you want if you fall off is to slide and either half to fold over.

Since last post and somebodys excellent reply were deleted, I'll type this back out.

I'm looking at getting my first bike. I love the looks of Honda CB350s and I've been thinking about the Suzuki TU250x.

I am 6'2'' 170lbs, what do you guys think would be a good first bike? I prefer reliability and economy over speed and cost
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Since last post and somebodys excellent reply were deleted, I'll type this back out.

I'm looking at getting my first bike. I love the looks of Honda CB350s and I've been thinking about the Suzuki TU250x.

I am 6'2'' 170lbs, what do you guys think would be a good first bike? I prefer reliability and economy over speed and cost
    I'm 5'10" and 75 kilos. I have no issues with 250s for trucking around, I can get mine up to 140Kph without too much problem, so can survive highway speeds; but you'll want to upgrade once you get comfortable. 600-700s are IMHO the right balance point between economy and speed.

I'm on a CB250 ATM, and it's been really reliable. Haven't heard anything bad about the 350s.

Idaho CB550 for not too much dollares

Get something with Gortex for every day riding, there are plenty of options on levels of protection offered and abrasion resistance.
    It makes such a difference getting somewhere totally dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Get something with Gortex for every day riding, there are plenty of options on levels of protection offered and abrasion resistance.
    This. Also I love Five gloves (they have the warmest gloves out there). And decent boots: comfortable all-weather boots are the bomb, riding with wet feet sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    This. Also I love Five gloves (they have the warmest gloves out there). And decent boots: comfortable all-weather boots are the bomb, riding with wet feet sucks.
    yeah go all in on gortex, boots and gloves make a big difference to comfort

btw if your an only leather person, there is leather that has a gortex pro shell but its about as much as you can pay for bike gear.
    Last edited by Redmoore; August 7 2014 at 07:16:51 PM.

its almost like my post is invisible :iambutthurt:

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    fucking wrong thread

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    There is a meetup every Thursday near where I live, and people tend to bring out a lot of interesting stuff from their garage

A little capture of a WW2 era BMW R-75. When this bike was imported to the country we where at war with Germany. Other then that the bike is perfect for those summer trips to Poland

Filmed with my Iphone, so not very sturdy but quality is surprisingly good given its a phone (yeah I've never actually used it to film with). The guy owning/driving it is far more older then the bike btw

E: I'll take more pics + vids if people want them from the meetups
    Last edited by helgur; August 7 2014 at 08:39:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    Idaho CB550 for not too much dollares
    Looks pretty good. I need to get a class and motorcycle license done ASAP....

Thank you for your suggestions by the way. I miss talking to you on ts <3
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

What do you guys think of F650 Dakars for reliability/simplicity/doing your own maintenance/etc?

Been looking at the SV650 as well, I like the look without the big windshield/headlight thingy some of them have. Is that something that is removable or is it a different model?
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Dont know the BMW's personally, but they're probably nice and reliable (given its a bmw, even if they have Rotax engines).
    The SV650s are great starter bikes, the faired/unfaired are two different models but i assume converting one to the other should be easy.
    Easy to ride, yet enough power to keep you entertained even if you're an experienced rider. A more affordable and reliable Ducati Monster more or less (which are also good alternatives).

I'm generally around on ts so pop by if and when you want to babble

I'm of the "buy used for first bike" camp. So go with what you can find in your area in great condition, the style you like, low kms, fewest owners, hit your budget perfectly, ect.

Then after a season or two you can upgrade, or buy your dream bike new or w/e.

Unless you can drop 5-10k on something you may or may not like (may or may not drop and scratch up too) in which case I'm giving poverty person advice, disregard and buy the Ducati.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Driving on two wheels at terminal velocity - the [Motorcycle-Thread]

Hahahaha, yeah I'm definitely on a budget. I somehow have really good credit so I could probably swing an $8k loan from the bank for not a bad rate but I am really looking at older bikes.

Problem is the older style bikes I like, like the Honda, have massively inflated prices
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve