hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Driving on two wheels at terminal velocity - the [Motorcycle-Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Flare View Post
    It wasn't a joke. That bike doesn't have a brake light. Brake lights are a very strong reminder that the vehicle in front is slowing.
    Do you know the exact model of the bike or are you saying that because it's an enduro style bike?

It has a front light and a rear-view mirror, it's safe to say it's street legal and has a brake light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devec
    Cool09 is the cancer that is corrupting our society and poisoning our children.

WoT: Redglare[VPG]

Regardless the driver should have seen the car in front of the bike stopping asdfsaAF;HFASADS

Quote Originally Posted by Cool09 View Post
    Next up is brakes. Deliberating over making the switch to steel braided lines. The rubber lines are past their expected life, although the brakes still feel fine (or maybe they have deteriorated and I just don't feel it).
    Honestly that's one of those things you just want to change; sometimes you will see deterioration in the rubber lines before they go, others it will just pop under break.

IMO steel brake lines are a wonderful thing and are totally worth it if you've got the cash to do so. Never done it with a bike, but there is a noticeable difference in brake response & feel when doing it on a car, especially under hard use.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Next up is brakes. Deliberating over making the switch to steel braided lines. The rubber lines are past their expected life, although the brakes still feel fine (or maybe they have deteriorated and I just don't feel it).
    Honestly that's one of those things you just want to change; sometimes you will see deterioration in the rubber lines before they go, others it will just pop under break.

IMO steel brake lines are a wonderful thing and are totally worth it if you've got the cash to do so. Never done it with a bike, but there is a noticeable difference in brake response & feel when doing it on a car, especially under hard use.
    QFT. But be careful in the wet

big diiiiiiiiick Movember 2012Donor Dark Flare's Avatar
    It wasn't a joke. That bike doesn't have a brake light. Brake lights are a very strong reminder that the vehicle in front is slowing.
    Do you know the exact model of the bike or are you saying that because it's an enduro style bike?

It has a front light and a rear-view mirror, it's safe to say it's street legal and has a brake light.
    That mirror is obviously an add-on, and I can't see a front light.

Also you don't need lights to be street legal, just means you can't ride at night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantus
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Also you don't need lights to be street legal, just means you can't ride at night.
    What screwed up country doesn't enforce safety of having lights (head, tail, indicators) on a street legal bike? Is this really a thing?
    Last edited by nurgles; July 19 2014 at 01:47:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nurgles View Post

What screwed up country doesn't enforce safety of having lights (head, tail, indicators) on a street legal bike? Is this really a thing?
    UK you certainly don't need them, you can get a daytime only reg.
    whats tyhe appear of a shnitifuck cu nt eve onlio9ne corpotraTION DICKOLHEAD FUCKIN AS

Madness, so fog and rain have no impact on the quality of visibility in daylight hours in the UK?

Madness, so fog and rain have no impact on the quality of visibility in daylight hours in the UK?
    Yes, you won't be allowed to ride your bike in low visibility/night.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Yes, you won't be allowed to ride your bike in low visibility/night.
    This whole idea just freaks me out. People don't see bikes at the best of times. If I am sitting at the lights and there is people approaching to stop behind me I pulse my brake light to attract attention and be noticed.

That's evolution for you or in other words: It's the brits way of removing themselves from our planet.

Well that's just bad. 100% of bikes on the road here (and most 1st world countries I'd wager) must have full lights, including brake lights and signals. Daytime running lights are also mandatory in Canada. I see enduro style bikes all the time with full lights and signals with street or dual sport tires.

Anyway you can see the chrome headlight before the crash in the gif. Either way you are making a baseless assumption and this argument is dumb.

Well ... that thread went well.

gf gf

Well that's just bad. 100% of bikes on the road here (and most 1st world countries I'd wager) must have full lights, including brake lights and signals. Daytime running lights are also mandatory in Canada. I see enduro style bikes all the time with full lights and signals with street or dual sport tires.

Anyway you can see the chrome headlight before the crash in the gif. Either way you are making a baseless assumption and this argument is dumb.
    Because everyone in the US totally sticks to that right? I can provide as many videos as you want of people riding non street-legal bikes in the US. Including pitbikes even.

EDIT:

That's the mudguard, not a chrome headlight.
    Last edited by Dark Flare; July 21 2014 at 07:52:17 AM.

You are right, that's a mudguard. But this is still dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    Well ... that thread went well.

gf gf

this is still dumb.
    Agreed.

Let's get back on track.

2015 Yamaha R1 rumoured to make 230hp stock: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...0hp/25296.html

And here's my bike:

230 HP ... my training bike has 34 HP (reduced from 80 by blocking the accelerator, not by those plates). And it is already plenty ...

Yes but dieing on a 230bhp bike is much more exciting!
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Yes but dieing on a 230bhp bike is much more final!
    fyp

Also place i ordered protective gear from called and left me a message to call them back. They called at the very minute they closed, so i can call back the earliest tomorrow. Although i tried to call them like 5min later.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post
    230 HP ... my training bike has 34 HP (reduced from 80 by blocking the accelerator, not by those plates). And it is already plenty ...
    No it isn't plenty.

And no chance will a stock R1 be 230bhp.

150 is more than enough for any road bike tbh

Upon further research (visordown site) thats where i see that rumour DF, some hardcore dedicated race variant.... will be £30k upwards if it is true
    Last edited by SteeleResolve; July 21 2014 at 06:42:30 PM.